Magic Kingdom Castle Fountains?

stitchcastle

Id like to think Happily Ever After will be WDWs version of Dreams, and honestly it should be that Plus to make up for no nighttime parade.

Probably, though I wish they had the fountain package. I personally think Paris' Dreams was perfect in how balanced it was between fireworks, castle projections and fountain effects. The new Ignite/Illumination set-up relies a little too heavily on the projections that the fireworks and fountains come off as distractions. The story for Dreams was way better too and not just a Disney playlist on shuffle.

TTA94

Probably, though I wish they had the fountain package. I personally think Paris' Dreams was perfect in how balanced it was between fireworks, castle projections and fountain effects. The new Ignite/Illumination set-up relies a little too heavily on the projections that the fireworks and fountains come off as distractions. The story for Dreams was way better too and not just a Disney playlist on shuffle.

I wish HEA was getting the fountain package to, but sadly I'll be shocked if it does :(. I'm sure our insiders like @marni1971 would have heard by now if fountains were in the cards for HEA, plus install would be well underway by now.

stitchcastle

I wish HEA was getting the fountain package to, but sadly I'll be shocked if it does :(. I'm sure our insiders like @marni1971 would have heard by now if fountains were in the cards for HEA, plus install would be well underway by now.

Oh yeah, considering how long it took for them to install DCA's World of Color fountains, the whole moat would've been behind walls for months. They would be in testing/rehearsals by now if they had the fountains.

articos

And in return, the TOTAL LOSSES of major night time entertainment has been that Magic Kingdom, DCA, and DL Paris don't run a night parade anymore (which stinks). EPCOT seems to be the only park that's unchanged actually. I'm glad about that- they can run Reflections of Earth for another 10 years and I'd be happy just to see some updates here and there. Still, Disney has massively increased their offerings for night time entertainment despite your claim of them "not driving revenue" (though it most certainly does).

Expect another night parade in the MK again. They aren't gone forever. RoE will see updates, and it should make people happy.

Last edited:

articos

Oh yeah, considering how long it took for them to install DCA's World of Color fountains, the whole moat would've been behind walls for months. They would be in testing/rehearsals by now if they had the fountains.
Entirely different scale of install. Even if they added enveloping fountains that go all the way around the hub, it's still a much smaller project because there's not as much real estate to cover. I'm not saying there is anything in the works, just pointing out WoC is an entirely different animal.

COProgressFan

Expect another night parade in the MK again. They aren't gone forever. RoE will see updates, and it should make people happy.

Glad to hear both things!

Also excited to hear this about an MK parade and RoE!

I think we always suspected a nighttime parade would return to the MK. The real question is ... when? Will they wait until 2021? Or give guests, (paying higher ticket prices than ever) something sooner? Something is certainly lacking at night without a parade, and 5 years is a long time to wait.

rushtest4echo

And here I am happy that Pyro is at 9PM sometimes because they don't have to run the parade in that slot anymore. ;)

Only partially joking there. I'm glad MSEP is gone, but I would certainly like to see it replaced with a new parade. Amazing to think that WDW at one point ran 6 performances among 5 differing parades on a (mostly) daily basis- even back when attendance was collapsing after 9/11, and now we're down to 1 despite the solid recovery. Is it really a guest issue if all of these parades can just disappear and people (largely) don't seem to notice?

I mean, not having a night parade at a castle park borders on criminal (unless you're the oh-so-perfectly-managed Disneyland who finally began showing night parades again for the first time in nearly two decades). I'd be disappointed to see MK get to the 50th without a parade, but I wouldn't be surprised.

ToTBellHop

If they are taking the time to "do it right", then I think we'd all be OK with that. If they delay until '21 just to save money...:banghead:
It's obviously the latter. If they wanted to "do it right," late 2018 would provide more than ample time.

Of course, if HEA flops, that would force the issue. But I don't think HEA will flop. It will struggle to be as popular as Wishes, but it will still be very popular, I'm sure. Wishes is old, but a gem.

TTA94

It's obviously the latter. If they wanted to "do it right," late 2018 would provide more than ample time.

Of course, if HEA flops, that would force the issue. But I don't think HEA will flop. It will struggle to be as popular as Wishes, but it will still be very popular, I'm sure. Wishes is old, but a gem.

Thing is not only will HEA have big shoes to fill from Wishes but also the fact it's the only nighttime experience. But your right the average guest will likely be satisfied :rolleyes:. It's the regulars that won't!

COProgressFan

At the moment, yes.

I'm really hoping they get smart and push up the parade. For the obscene amount they charge for a MK day ticket, I think it's pretty obnoxious to put on a night show with fewer fireworks and no parade and hope guests won't mind.

Thing is not only will HEA have big shoes to fill from Wishes but also the fact it's the only nighttime experience. But your right the average guest will likely be satisfied :rolleyes:. It's the regulars that won't!

I hope the average guests will, in fact, notice. I'm hoping their guest surveys reflect this. Disney parades are infamous, and the MSEP and Spectro were truly unique. As it has been pointed out we have gone down from 5 parades a day on property to 1. Just because DL got away with it for so long doesn't make it right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom