Magic Kingdom Castle Fountains?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
With the premiere of Disney Illuminate in Disneyland Paris they've moved even more of the attention from the skies to the waters with a more integrated set of fountain effects. I attended the Disneyland 60th and enjoyed their projection/firework show last year, but it in no way could even try to compare to when I saw Disney Dream in Paris this year. Even without the fireworks, the layering of projections, pyro, lasers, and fountains created such an overwhelming and immersive experience.

Is there a reason that the Magic Kingdom cannot have fountains? It seems like with the way that they have the mote setup (even with it now cut off a little bit), they may not be able to do as much right in front of the castle, but could create a really cool 180-270º water fountain effect surrounding the hub where the majority of people are. With all the work they recently did on the hub and the new show that is coming, I'd hope they would have thought about this. Does anyone know of a reason why this couldn't be possible? It seems like the natural next step for the shows and for the penny pinchers in corporate the fountains while not cheaper than nothing, are rather cost effective when compared to the impact they have.

Its really simple they COST MONEY and do nothing to drive revenue and since WDW is now basically a mall with a cover charge they had to go

rushtest4echo

Due to the air, water and noise pollution caused by fireworks WDW needs to scale back the pyrotechnics in favor of other entertainment elements.

No.

That may be the case in California, but WDW is under no obligation to meet standards like that down here in the swamps. Not to mention they've added another (usually) nightly show that makes heavy use of pyro over that the Studios.

Its really simple they COST MONEY and do nothing to drive revenue and since WDW is now basically a mall with a cover charge they had to go

Your contribution, as always, is much appreciated. :bored:

rushtest4echo

Just to add to your (nonsensical, negative, over-dramatic) standard dog-chasing-a-car ramblings.

Disney has added new or redone night shows to almost all of their parks in the last few years despite your claims overwise. The shows obviously drive revenue because they cause people to stay later, thus spending more. Which part of the parks do you think Disney operates that DON'T have a revenue motive? This isn't a "it's a bizznes" argument either, it's just idiotic to assume that additions or subtractions to the company revolve around money- just as it was under Walt.

Walt Disney Studios (added projection/stage show)
Disneyland Paris (multiple fireworks/projection shows)
Tokyo Disneyland (parade additions, retooled fireworks)
Tokyo DisneySea (added night show, retooled fireworks)
Hong Kong Disneyland (retooled fireworks, night parade)
Shanghai (obviously a new park, fireworks/projections)
Disneyland (retooled Fantasmic, multiple fireworks shows)
California Adventure (added multiple water/projection shows)
Disney's Hollywood Studios (multiple fireworks shows)
Animal Kingdom (added night time show, projection show)
Magic Kingdom (added projection shows, retooled fireworks show)

And in return, the TOTAL LOSSES of major night time entertainment has been that Magic Kingdom, DCA, and DL Paris don't run a night parade anymore (which stinks). EPCOT seems to be the only park that's unchanged actually. I'm glad about that- they can run Reflections of Earth for another 10 years and I'd be happy just to see some updates here and there. Still, Disney has massively increased their offerings for night time entertainment despite your claim of them "not driving revenue" (though it most certainly does).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Methinks my Ignore list is getting a (healthy, or is that unhealthy? heh...) layer of dust wiped off of it, and getting at least one poster added to it soon. Seriously... "heavy metal pollution". As if California and others wouldn't have been all over like that white on rice decades ago, yet there are still fireworks in Anaheim.

DisneyFan 2000

Really? Disney is far from tip top shape but the sky is NOT falling. All these posts come off just as uneducated as the ones coming from Pixie Dusters. Pardon the bad joke but jee, let it go.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Really? Disney is far from tip top shape but the sky is NOT falling. All these posts come off just as uneducated as the ones coming from Pixie Dusters. Pardon the bad joke but jee, let it go.

Then why are AP holders giving up AP's. and DVC members renting out points instead of visiting,

You DO know that all areas in WDW are managed now by sales per square foot now that we have a retail guy in charge of P&R Gee just like a mall. THAT's why I call WDW a mall with a cover charge because now it IS ONE.

Phil12

No.

That may be the case in California, but WDW is under no obligation to meet standards like that down here in the swamps. Not to mention they've added another (usually) nightly show that makes heavy use of pyro over that the Studios.
wmd_map.gif

The real answer is yes. The water from the WDW area flows all the way to the Everglades and is critical for water quality protection.
All of WDW (the Reedy Creek Improvement District) must adhere to the regulations and permitting requirements of the South Florida Water Management District. They are mandated by both state and federal law to improve the water quality of the various Everglades watersheds. The primary goal is to keep excess nutrients and pollutants out of the waterways and preserve the natural ecosystems.

WDW has done a great job with their water, energy and waste management and pollution abatement programs. The new pyrotechnics site was chosen in part to reduce and/or contain excess pollutants and prevent their spread into the water system. WDW is doing a good job in this area and I expect they'll continue to reduce toxic fireworks emissions.

DisneyFan 2000

Then why are AP holders giving up AP's. and DVC members renting out points instead of visiting,

You DO know that all areas in WDW are managed now by sales per square foot now that we have a retail guy in charge of P&R Gee just like a mall. THAT's why I call WDW a mall with a cover charge because now it IS ONE.
As I've said, the place is not perfect but every post of yours reads as if we've reached the end of days. You do know there is a middle ground somewhere right?

stitchcastle

I'm surprised by all the negativity around this, wasn't Paris' "Dreams" show originally designed for MK? I'm sure if it were launched in the Magic Kingdom, without the fireworks restrictions that Paris has, Disney Dreams would've been even more incredible.

It's sad that the complacency and general low expectations that WDW management has earned over the years has completely been instilled in the resort's fans.

TTA94

I'm surprised by all the negativity around this, wasn't Paris' "Dreams" show originally designed for MK? I'm sure if it were launched in the Magic Kingdom, without the fireworks restrictions that Paris has, Disney Dreams would've been even more incredible.

It's sad that the complacency and general low expectations that WDW management has earned over the years has completely been instilled in the resort's fans.

Id like to think Happily Ever After will be WDWs version of Dreams, and honestly it should be that Plus to make up for no nighttime parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom