DAK- Escaped Animal

DDLand

Hearing several reports about an animal escaping onstage for a short while today at DAK. Anybody there today or know more?
I don't blame it, if I was that close to Flame Tree BBQ I'd escape too! :D

Though in seriousness, I haven't found anything. Where did you hear this? There's nothing in the media, and I feel like this would have been a pretty big deal involving multiple first responders.

It would be a bad time when the park is trying to relaunch...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
15.jpg

Liberty6

Original Poster
I don't blame it, if I was that close to Flame Tree BBQ I'd escape too! :D

Though in seriousness, I haven't found anything. Where did you hear this? There's nothing in the media, and I feel like this would have been a pretty big deal involving multiple first responders.

It would be a bad time when the park is trying to relaunch...
Cast members who heard a "Signal 96E" (escaped animal) call go out over the Ops channel. They never heard what was loose.

While not a usual occurrence it only involves the Animal Science staff, Security and Managers when this happens. Unless someone is injured they wouldn't need any other first responders.

mousehockey37

Cast members who heard a "Signal 96E" (escaped animal) call go out over the Ops channel. They never heard what was loose.

While not a usual occurrence it only involves the Animal Science staff, Security and Managers when this happens. Unless someone is injured they wouldn't need any other first responders.

I bet the general public isn't supposed to know this...

DDLand

Thanks for the info!

Do you think they could keep it under the radar? Is there a government filing they have to put out for this, or is this just totally handled internally?

Seems interesting an Animal could get out and they could keep it completely quiet. That's interesting!

mousehockey37

Thanks for the info!

Do you think they could keep it under the radar? Is there a government filing they have to put out for this, or is this just totally handled internally?

Seems interesting an Animal could get out and they could keep it completely quiet. That's interesting!

Let me email WESH2 and let's see what happens... ;)

peter11435

96E's are not as unusual as you make it sound. It means an animal is out of its habitat. They happen regularly with certain species of birds in the park. Without more details this is basically a non issue.

Disney-Trains

I've been to a few flights of wonders shows where a bird has flown out of the theatre. Sometimes it pretty much flys right back. Sometimes it lands in a tree outside the theatre and a trainer goes to get it. But once the large African crane flew out onto the path. The show went in and towards the end two trainers walked the crane back through the theatre and backstage the way he came out. He must have been out in the park a good 5-8 minutes.

RSoxNo1

Apparently one of the elk/ antelope type animals made it to the unload area of the Kilimanjaro safari.
I've heard several stories of animals on the Safaris getting out of their "enclosure". The chains that go across the road are designed to prevent this, but it's hardly a guarantee. The story I liked the best was a cheetah escaping into the White Rhino habitat. There was a baby rhino at the time and the other rhinos protected it to the extent that cheetah wanted no part of being out of its habitat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom