The youngest you would take a kid

contrariwise

Well, I think the biggest question is are you going for you, or are you going for the baby? If you're going for you, GO!

I totally agree with the above.

I will say this, if it matters. We took my daughter when she was 5 or 6 for the first time. She doesn't remember it. She does remember the trip we took when she was 7. So if you really want to go now, just go. If you wait until your child will remember it, you will be waiting a long time (though it will go fast!).

jaklgreen

I totally agree with the above.

I will say this, if it matters. We took my daughter when she was 5 or 6 for the first time. She doesn't remember it. She does remember the trip we took when she was 7. So if you really want to go now, just go. If you wait until your child will remember it, you will be waiting a long time (though it will go fast!).

And there is no guarantee that if you wait until 7,8,9 that they will remember the experience either. They might remember going and a few highlights. How much memory is "enough" to go? I went to Washington DC in 8th grade but I don't remember that much from the trip. Our youngest was 18 months when we took them. Yes, we went mostly because I wanted to go. But we really enjoyed watching them enjoy it and experiencing something new and different. Plus if you wait until they are too old then they know the characters are not real. And there is a real magic seeing your little one's face light up when they meet Minnie, or Pluto, etc. It's like only giving your kids Christmas presents after they know that santa is not real.

Capsin4

We went when our daughter was 6 months. People will tell you there's no point because she won't get anything out of it, but if you like disney, you will. You'll have great memories and great pictures. We had older kids too so the rider swap was great. If it's just the three of you, you can essentially get double FPs on height restricted rides when you pair them with rider swap. The only reason I'd say wait is if you won't be going back.

DiSnEyF@n

We went when our daughter was 6 months. People will tell you there's no point because she won't get anything out of it, but if you like disney, you will. You'll have great memories and great pictures. We had older kids too so the rider swap was great. If it's just the three of you, you can essentially get double FPs on height restricted rides when you pair them with rider swap. The only reason I'd say wait is if you won't be going back.

Yup! Agree... I took my daughter on her first trip at 6 months old.. The pictures and videos are precious and I cherish that time... Also, she's 3 now and loves watching the videos that we took of our trips! So, even though she doesn't remember, I have it documented and we watch the videos often!

Thecorsi4

Took my youngest when she was almost three. she did fine. take lots of breaks and remember they are little and the sights and sounds can get overwhelming for them.

correcaminos

Whatever age you want to take them. My son was 5 months old on his first trip. We had fun and some great pictures of him as an infant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom