Pre-Trip Our (Hopefully Pandora Thrown In) F&G Trip 2017

Hi fellow Disney fanatics! It's me @MySmallWorldof4 and welcome to my first Pre-Trip report @figmentfan423 , @ajrwdwgirl , @MinnieM123 , @21stamps , @Songbird76 , @Zipitidoda , @betty rose , @donaldtoo , @MOXOMUMD , @Courtney6682 , @Mr Ferret 88 , @Goofyernmost , @imahistorygeek , @Scoppin @Tony the Tigger , @TheMouseFan , @Ciara @Tuvalu @StarWarsGirl @Gabe1 and everyone else that I know I am forgetting. Sorry don't mean to forget. Too many of us crazies on this board.;)

Here are the basics for now.

Who is going Me, My DH, DD(15), DS(13), DD(9), and DD(6).

Here is a pic of my brood in front of the train station at MK before they put up the barrier. Taken in 2013
kids2013.jpg

Here is a pic of me and my used to be little guy.:arghh:
disney2013meandb.jpg

You may not be seeing me again, as I am generally the one taking the shots.;)I don't look any different, I swear! :D

We are staying in The Cabins at Fort Wildnerness. This has been a favorite of my kids since 2015. They love driving around in the golf carts. This will be our 3rd stay there.

Our tentative plans are:

We are driving 13-14 hours from PA after DH is done with work on May 18 and sleep over in South Carolina, or we will leave here at 1 or 2am and drive straight through and hopefully get on Disney property by 4pm on the 19th.

Friday May 19
Arrive at Disney Springs. We have a 5pm at Raglan Road. Hopefully we get to see the Irish dancers.
Check into FW and go enjoy the pool.

Saturday May 20
EPCOT
Fastpasses
Test Track
Living With The Land(mine and my DH's favorite place in all WDW).
Spaceship Earth
No ADR's on this day. We plan to try the food from the kiosks or grab something for picky eaters along the way.
Maybe play some mini golf at Winter/Summerland after. Pool in the afternoon.
For dinner, we will try Territory lounge. The fondue sounds awesome!
If we are up for more roaming we may catch the MK fireworks at Poly or GF. If we are too tired we will just call it a night.

Will continue plans later.

Thanks for reading!:)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Okay, so now it is time for Friday, our last full day. :cry::cry: Why, why WHY is it so sad even when you type it?:arghh::arghh:

MK has EMH so we will be there early so we can make the most of that extra hour!

FP's today are:
Buzz
7DMT
Space Mountain(Not my favorite ride because my head gets knocked around too much.) DD6 has never been but when DD9 went on it for the first time and loved it she was determined to go on it the next trip. Well to be honest, I am not sure she will be tall enough, and her sitting by herself does not thrill me. Yes, a bit overprotective here, but she is my last baby.:arghh: You have to understand people!

I am guessing since it is EMH we will probably do 7DMT first and then Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Carousel for DD6, and then head to Sleepy Hollow for waffles. If someone wants a cinnamon roll we will split the troops with some going with DH to get the waffle order in and then me and cinnamon roll lover DD9 heading to Gaston's where I may or may not get a chocolate croissant and a LeFou's Brew. Decisions, decisions,....

Then we will just hit all our favorites like The Tiki Room, Magic Carpets, Peter Pan, Small World, Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, People Mover, Laugh Floor, COP, Barnstormer, Carousel, etc. between our fp's.

Lunch today will probably be Cosmic Ray's. Or not. Depends on what everyone feels like eating and where we are when the "I'm hungry" starts.;):rolleyes:

Our evening plans are for EPCOT so I don't know what time we will leave MK. We could leave around 2 and head back to FW so I can finish packing everything but for our pj's and clothes we will wear on Saturday.:arghh:

I will try and get fp's for TT since that is the kid's favorite ride. We will see what else we can do before dinner which will be at Garden Grill. This is a later ADR for us usual early eaters. It is at 6:50. I wanted to make sure we see Illuminations, which is usually our last show on the night before we leave.:cry:

After Illuminations we will sadly call it a night.:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Okay, so now it is time for Friday, our last full day. :cry::cry: Why, why WHY is it so sad even when you type it?:arghh::arghh:

MK has EMH so we will be there early so we can make the most of that extra hour!

FP's today are:
Buzz
7DMT
Space Mountain(Not my favorite ride because my head gets knocked around too much.) DD6 has never been but when DD9 went on it for the first time and loved it she was determined to go on it the next trip. Well to be honest, I am not sure she will be tall enough, and her sitting by herself does not thrill me. Yes, a bit overprotective here, but she is my last baby.:arghh: You have to understand people!

I am guessing since it is EMH we will probably do 7DMT first and then Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Carousel for DD6, and then head to Sleepy Hollow for waffles. If someone wants a cinnamon roll we will split the troops with some going with DH to get the waffle order in and then me and cinnamon roll lover DD9 heading to Gaston's where I may or may not get a chocolate croissant and a LeFou's Brew. Decisions, decisions,....

Then we will just hit all our favorites like The Tiki Room, Magic Carpets, Peter Pan, Small World, Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, People Mover, Laugh Floor, COP, Barnstormer, Carousel, etc. between our fp's.

Lunch today will probably be Cosmic Ray's. Or not. Depends on what everyone feels like eating and where we are when the "I'm hungry" starts.;):rolleyes:

Our evening plans are for EPCOT so I don't know what time we will leave MK. We could leave around 2 and head back to FW so I can finish packing everything but for our pj's and clothes we will wear on Saturday.:arghh:

I will try and get fp's for TT since that is the kid's favorite ride. We will see what else we can do before dinner which will be at Garden Grill. This is a later ADR for us usual early eaters. It is at 6:50. I wanted to make sure we see Illuminations, which is usually our last show on the night before we leave.:cry:

After Illuminations we will sadly call it a night.:(
I vote CR and see if you can change your GG ADR to just a bit earlier because if they're busy you may get seated a bit after 7 and character meals can drag on just a bit. Good luck Your plans sound great!

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Saturday May 27 our check-out day. :cry:

First thing first is after packing the car we will drop off the golf cart. Then head off to AK for Pandora, NOT! DH said no way was he going to fight with the crowds with 4 kids. Okay, I get that. It is not like we will never be there ever again, plus maybe we will have gotten lucky with a soft opening on the previous Monday.;)

So, we are going to EPCOT where we will hope for lower crowds. Watch everyone will think AK will be too crowded and do the same thing.;):p

I have no FP's yet because although DH has an AP which we use for discounts, the rest of us have a 5 day hopper plus water parks and more ticket. Parksavers had a sale on those back in October or November. They were at a price I could not pass up. It was under $400 for each of the rest of the 5 of us. But because of that I could not book fp's for Saturday. Our plan is to upgrade the remaining tickets to AP's because we hope to be back in July for DD15's 16th bday. We also plan on going back next May so it makes sense to upgrade.

We will go right to TT and then go have breakfast in France. After that we will wander around and hit all the countries we didn't do on our previous days. We will do Living with the Land one last time. SE will probably be the last ride. We will see.

But let me end this post with a couple of my favorite pics from previous trips.
kk.jpg

k.jpg

kel.jpg

kids.jpg

golf.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Saturday May 27 our check-out day. :cry:

First thing first is after packing the car we will drop off the golf cart. Then head off to AK for Pandora, NOT! DH said no way was he going to fight with the crowds with 4 kids. Okay, I get that. It is not like we will never be there ever again, plus maybe we will have gotten lucky with a soft opening on the previous Monday.;)

So, we are going to EPCOT where we will hope for lower crowds. Watch everyone will think AK will be too crowded and do the same thing.;):p

I have no FP's yet because although DH has an AP which we use for discounts, the rest of us have a 5 day hopper plus water parks and more ticket. Parksavers had a sale on those back in October or November. They were at a price I could not pass up. It was under $400 for each of the rest of the 5 of us. But because of that I could not book fp's for Saturday. Our plan is to upgrade the remaining tickets to AP's because we hope to be back in July for DD15's 16th bday. We also plan on going back next May so it makes sense to upgrade.

We will go right to TT and then go have breakfast in France. After that we will wander around and hit all the countries we didn't do on our previous days. We will do Living with the Land one last time. SE will probably be the last ride. We will see.

But let me end this post with a couple of my favorite pics from previous trips.
View attachment 195532

View attachment 195533
View attachment 195534
View attachment 195535
View attachment 195536
Very cute:joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
As per advice from @figmentfan423 I changed our GG ADR, but could only get 4:05, but realized that if I kept the 6:50 we may not get to see illuminations seeing as how others had 2 hour meals there lately. This just means that we will need to have an early lunch at MK and maybe dh and I will share that falafel burger. Yes I know @figmentfan423 you did make it sound too goood to share, but I need to save room for Land veggies. ;)

I have as of yet not been able to change Art Smith's ADR yet, but will keep trying. No biggie.

My dd15 made this little beauty yesterday.
IMG_0222.JPG
I always think that making your own things may be cheaper then buying them at the parks, but the Michael's bill was ouch. :eek: Oh well. It is unique and she has enough supplies now to make more for her sisters. :) And for anyone who would like to pay good money for them. ;):D:p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you for the tag--sorry for the delay here--only so many hours in the day. But I'm finally getting caught up with my favorite threads this morning. :happy:

Looking forward to reading more pre-trip planning details, as they become available! By the way, your children are adorable! Love that first picture you posted. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Thank you for the tag--sorry for the delay here--only so many hours in the day. But I'm finally getting caught up with my favorite threads this morning. :happy:

Looking forward to reading more pre-trip planning details, as they become available! By the way, your children are adorable! Love that first picture you posted. :)
Thank you! And I swear they never ever ran around on the grass and flowers. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom