Busch Gardens Tampa: A Complete Renovation.

What should be done with the Gwazi space?

• Add a new roller coaster in the space.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Create a D or E ticket dark ride

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Do nothing: The park already has enough rides

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New animal experiences.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
I say that the idea of having a (South African) mining riverfront village is a great one; but make sure you don't have any dwarves though.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster

STANLEYVILLE:

f9134cefab65933e340a7524c4baa6f5.jpg

Exiting from the jungle paradise of Madagascar, we hit a fork in the path. One leads to a further dense jungle, and the other leads to a large village. We'll take the latter this time.

Stanleyville has the appearance of an abandoned river village, lost to the seas of time. Large clay-like towers rise from above. Red roller coaster tracks dive into one of the cracked towers and into the nearby murky lagoon. All of this is done by the addition of new facades and structures.

Aesthetics
aside, Stanleyville isn't really that big. However, some big changes have come here.

img_0221_106.jpg

Stanley Falls Flume has been completely removed. Other than old-school charm, the log ride doesn't have a theme and isn't really a top-notch attraction. With a new flume-style ride just down the road, it seems more unnecessary than ever.

In its place stands one of the park's few non-kiddie flat rides.

maxresdefault.jpg

Similar to the Top Spin in Phantasialand, Nyamia Ama (named after an African water god) finds you spinning in one of the abandoned towers, screaming in enjoyment as water soaks you. Although not as themed as one may hope, the ride still adds variety to the park.

After walking by the unchanged Zambia Smokehouse, we approach SheiKra, arguably the park's signature coaster.

maxresdefault.jpg

This B&M Dive Coaster (named after a speedy native hawk) has you climb 200 feet to the edge of a 90-degree drop that inches you mercilessly over the edge—and stops, allowing you a birds-eye view of Tampa.

Then surrender to speed as you dive straight down into a 70 mph coaster whirlwind with an Immelmann loop, a second dive into an underground tunnel and a splashdown finale into the murky lagoon that drenches SheiKra fans waiting to catch their own piece of the fun.

I wouldn't really change a thing about the ride, other than maybe increasing the detail of the queue.

Having rode Sheikra, we take a backtrack in the road and head towards the aforementioned jungle canopy. Who knows what we'll find when we get there? ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This plan is finally back after a loooong hiatus. :D:p

Next time, we'll hit the new mini-land replacing the Tidal Wave flume ride. Hopefully you won't have to wait a month for it. :hilarious:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster

Zzzzzzzz.

*wakes up*

Wait, it's been nearly a month? :eek:o_O

Eh... *falls back to sleep*
/----------------------/

I'm sorry to say this, but this project is under hiatus again... I've just lost interest in it and don't really have the needed work ethic anymore. :(

I'm really sorry, and hopefully I'll have newer material soon.

I'm just going to summon the devil now... @Monorail Blood Red. ;):rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom