One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

tmthomas52

Hey there welcome!:)

This is a great area to get started -- since this will start in April, in the meantime if you want to start with some beginner armchair imagineering -- we have an ongoing brainstorming thread called Club 32

We are working on designing the Ultimate Fantasyland -- feel free to have a look and stop in with any ideas you might have!:bookworm:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/club-32-recaps-and-final-projects.925202/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/club-32-lounge.924999/page-66

Thank you! I found some of those concepts the group is working and you guys are doing great work. I will definitely have to jump in.

Daveeeeed

Prompt 8
Re-Animated
HollyWood-Studios-Entrance.jpg

-Scenario-
Animation Courtyard in Hollywood Studios lost the animation studio that anchored the land a few years ago. It was replaced with Star Wars Launch Bay (which is destined to close when Star Wars Land opens). So, in a short couple of years, this land will need a new focus point to replace Star Wars Launch Bay. Maybe this would be a good time to upgrade the rest of the land as well.

IMG-0007.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to replace the Star Wars Launch Bay and to either update/reivigorate Animation Courtyard or replace it with a new land for Hollywood Studios! The Studios has a lot of wiggle room for what will and will not fit thematically (probably more than any other park), so you have a lot of freedom with this.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures.
You get the bigger submissions back as an option in case you want more space to talk about your land. Of course, you don't need to use all your sentences. One sentence could easily beat 5 in this competition). The deadline will be at 12 noon on Thursday, March 2nd.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your land to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
Uptown Alley
02-music-row-bg-1280.jpg

Amidst the glitz and glamor of old Hollywood, a new land will explode your ears -- through music! Uptown Alley will transport you from Sunset Boulevard to where the neon world of music thrives!

Uptown Alley will stretch from The Rock n' Rollercoaster to a newly redone central Hub in front of The Great Movie Ride, replacing Animation Courtyard in the process.

A few unique features:

• A shop that contains every Disney song ever made... including theme park music (Disney will partner with Apple to allow the purchase of Disney Park Music in the iTunes store only through the store)... this is my butterbeer:p.
  • A jazz club
  • A D-ticket ride themed to MUSIC -- it uses state-of-the-art "PeopleMover" with a simulator on top technology.
  • An epic production of The Nightmare Before Christmas like the former Aladdin at Disney California Adventure.
  • Expansion plot for a small IP-themed land; it could be the Nightmare Before Christmas, or it could be Monsters Inc.

--------
I would also add this to Walt Disney Studios Paris... that park needs it even more. :D

P.S. This may be late:p
P.P.S. Uptown Alley the name I have thought up for a bit, and felt like using it for this -- I will probably end up using it again in the future.
P.P.P.S. This is very late actually:eek:

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Uptown Alley
02-music-row-bg-1280.jpg

Shifting off from the bustling world of old Hollywood, a new land that transports you from Sunset Boulevard to where music thrives.

Boasting

Uptown Alley will stretch from The Rock n' Rollercoaster to a newly redone central Hub in front of The Great Movie Ride.

A few unique features:

• A shop that contains every Disney song ever made... including theme park music (Disney will partner with Apple to allow the purchase of Disney Park Music in the iTunes store only through the store).
  • A jazz club
  • A D-ticket ride themed to MUSIC -- it uses state-of-the-art "PeopleMover" with a simulator on top technology.
  • An epic production of The Nightmare Before Christmas like the former Aladdin at Disney California Adventure.
  • Expansion plot for a small IP-themed land; it could be the Nightmare Before Christmas, or it could be Monsters Inc.

--------
I would also add this to Walt Disney Studios Paris... that park needs it even more. :D

P.S. This may be late:p
P.P.S. Uptown Alley the name I have thought up for a bit, and felt like using it for this -- I will probably end up using it again in the future.
Now, I now I can be pretty lenient on deadlines, but I think I might not be able to count you in the running for the medals on prompt 8 lol.
Very creative, very well done nonetheless. And I do love that name. BUT instead of reviewing you, im gonna let @Sephirenn , our fabulous host for season 3 episode 2, do the review!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom