Former Wet 'n Wild Site

disney4life2008

No idea but things seemed have gotten started. Doubt they would spend the money for demo without a plan for the property. Could very well be another hotel/resort, the CEO said he wanted to add many many rooms. He has but I don't remember how many he was shooting for? 10,000? I don't know what the room count will be after the Cabana towers and the new hotel are finished but it's not 10,000 rooms. I believe the number of rooms now stands at around 5,200? Looked it up and the CEO said he was aiming at 10-15,000 rooms.

I would say 99% likely hood that a big resort or two is coming to WnW.

I am thinking a hotel and shopping district. That is prime area that is somewhat underdeveloped.

DDLand

any news about what is going to happen at the site after demo ?
The last rumor that was going around claimed the project would be a new hotel Resort with thousands of hotel rooms going after the Disney Value market. That makes sense, but we'll see.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...ersal-orlando-wants-massive-hotel-on-wet.html

http://www.clickorlando.com/entertainment/new-hotels-proposed-for-wet-n-wild-property

No idea but things seemed have gotten started. Doubt they would spend the money for demo without a plan for the property. Could very well be another hotel/resort, the CEO said he wanted to add many many rooms. He has but I don't remember how many he was shooting for? 10,000? I don't know what the room count will be after the Cabana towers and the new hotel are finished but it's not 10,000 rooms. I believe the number of rooms now stands at around 5,200? Looked it up and the CEO said he was aiming at 10-15,000 rooms.

I would say 99% likely hood that a big resort or two is coming to WnW.
I believe their ultimate goal is 15,000 rooms. Though that was a from a couple years ago. Upon completion of their currently announced hotel projects they'll have made it to 6,200 rooms. They still have quite a ways to go, and Wet'n Wild is the last major development parcel by the look of things before they dig into their new parcel. Park 3 seems like it's coming sooner rather then later.

JoeCamel

With the new rooms hopefully they up the attractions. If you are talking another 3-4,000 rooms that's a lot of people around that most likely wouldn't be there in the past.

I don't know a huge hotel seems like a leap to me. Can Universal actually fill that many more rooms? The new hotels seem to be do well now but there is a point out there where Universal just built to many rooms. Small hotels are less risky then one giant one.
They have a whole park they haven't built yet!

UCF

Interesting comment. Care to elaborate??
I'm sure Universal has doubling their existing facilities on their long term plan, so they are more comparable to at least what Disney has today. They bought the land to do it. As the demand comes, they'll build it. It is probably just gonna take like 20+ years to get there.

JoeCamel

I'm sure Universal has doubling their existing facilities on their long term plan, so they are more comparable to at least what Disney has today. They bought the land to do it. As the demand comes, they'll build it. It is probably just gonna take like 20+ years to get there.
Once they start building a lot of bloggers are getting an annual pass to the eye.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
So once upon a time I was involved with Loews Hotels... During my time with them they were telling us WnW was closing in the future and the plan at that time was to build a huge resort there catering to higher end business class. So much has happened since then and I'm not sure if that's still the plan. I know during that time they were saying the 15 year outlook had them adding 5 - 10 new resorts. They want to cut into the stay here play here market.

JoeCamel

That doesn't matter in the near term. A bunch of people staying in a hotel looking for what ever Universal has to offer doesn't care about the future. If it's not there and people get grid locked, then it doesn't matter at all.
The hotel is not for the near term. It will be a couple of years at the soonest and 3 - 4 at the outside. Plenty of time. They will break ground in two years with opening in 6 so it it all aligns.
They are pros, as long as the orange guy doesn't crash the economy it should work out.

Rider

Universal bought over 400 Acres of Land that Lockheed Martin owned. that could be used for 2 parks another water park and hotels and a possible 2nd shopping district
Hell they could fit 5 or 6 parks into that land. Their 3d movie in a box attractions dont take up much space!

Anyway... I don't think Uni needs to be worried about maxing out the number of rooms they can offer. They will steal business from all their hotel competitors before the Orlando market for more rooms dries up.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
too bad you have to create an account to read it

So basically just talks about documents show Universal is looking at the entire 64-acre land mass of Wet 'n Wild that is split by Universal Blvd. Plans show Universal is looking at 4,000 hotel rooms and three parking garages for the property — one on the east parcel where the water park was and two on the opposite end where guest parking was located.

The Orlando Sentinel also has this information no account needed.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ion-for-hotel-development-20170321-story.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom