Hotel Options by Disney Springs

parkhopper1213

Original Poster
Planning 2 trips to WDW, which means we have to stay in a budget. The value properties on property are close to $200 a night (including taxes) Would like to stay by Disney Springs. Any experiences or recommendations to share? I found one that had good prices but awful customer feedback. Appreciate your thoughts.

NiarrNDisney

I have stayed at many of the resorts on Hotel Lane most recently the Lake Buena Vista Hilton which was a beautiful resorts with lots of amenities and very well priced especially for the week of Thanksgiving.
I also have also stayed at the Doubletree, Hilton, and the Holiday Inn all of which were affordable especially if you are a rewards member of these companies.

parkhopper1213

Original Poster
I have stayed at many of the resorts on Hotel Lane most recently the Lake Buena Vista Hilton which was a beautiful resorts with lots of amenities and very well priced especially for the week of Thanksgiving.
I also have also stayed at the Doubletree, Hilton, and the Holiday Inn all of which were affordable especially if you are a rewards member of these companies.
Thank you so much!

DPN

Check out the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Reasonable prices for huge villas and a great resort. It is a time share so I would recommend renting (if you do) directly from an owner on redweek.com. The resort is actually on Disney property and super close to Disney Springs. We've stayed there twice and love it. They don't push the timeshare sales at all, just decline once at check in and enjoy your time!

drwadadli

We stayed at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista in February of this year. It is the closest resort to Disney Springs as it is directly across the street but that being said, to my wife and I it looked like an old motel that is need of a lot of update. The lobby looks great and inviting until you get the rooms. A friend of mine has an AP and was able to at ASM cheaper than we were staying at the Wyndham.

Just to make a suggestion, if you are planning 2 trips in a 365-day period, you may want to look at getting an AP. You would save on dining and resort stays which might offset the initial cost of getting an AP. My friend with the AP has AP pricing discount for Saratoga Springs which is next door to DS. Just food for thought.

Emadsen

I've stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. It was clean, it was comfortable, and we were able to walk (about 15 minutes) down the road to Disney Springs. I know they also had park transportation available, we just didn't use it as we had a car. I would definitely stay there again if I wasn't able to stay on site.

parkhopper1213

Original Poster
We stayed at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista in February of this year. It is the closest resort to Disney Springs as it is directly across the street but that being said, to my wife and I it looked like an old motel that is need of a lot of update. The lobby looks great and inviting until you get the rooms. A friend of mine has an AP and was able to at ASM cheaper than we were staying at the Wyndham.

Just to make a suggestion, if you are planning 2 trips in a 365-day period, you may want to look at getting an AP. You would save on dining and resort stays which might offset the initial cost of getting an AP. My friend with the AP has AP pricing discount for Saratoga Springs which is next door to DS. Just food for thought.
We do have an annual pass. There are no resort specials yet for the time of year we want to go. We will be there for almost 2 weeks.

parkhopper1213

Original Poster
Thanks for the recommendations. After pricing out the options, we are going to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista. Its 1 mile from Disney Springs. Wish it was a bit closer, but the price difference was enough to decide on this place. It was one of the few offsite hotels that offered free parking and did not charge a resort fee. That's about a $40 a day savings right there. We are going to be there for almost 2 weeks, so those fees added up quickly. We got a car with our package and saved over $500 from Disney's value resorts.

slappy magoo

Raegansmommy

We stayed at the Wyndham by Disney Springs in December for one night. It was supposed to be 2, but there was a room available at POP where we were staying, so we were able to move there a night earlier. It was hotel. We honestly only slept and showered there though. They charge you per day to park. It was actually cheaper for us to stay at POP though as it ended up only being around $100. Once they added parking and fees the Wyndham would have been over $300 for the 2 nights. Sure it was nicer than a value resort, but I like the convenience of the Magical Express.

draybook

I've stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. It was clean, it was comfortable, and we were able to walk (about 15 minutes) down the road to Disney Springs. I know they also had park transportation available, we just didn't use it as we had a car. I would definitely stay there again if I wasn't able to stay on site.

Same here. Stayed there twice during cheer comps. 5-15 minute walk, depending on your speed, and easy access to local amenities.

parkhopper1213

Original Poster
Thanks for the recommendations. After pricing out the options, we are going to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista. Its 1 mile from Disney Springs. Wish it was a bit closer, but the price difference was enough to decide on this place. It was one of the few offsite hotels that offered free parking and did not charge a resort fee. That's about a $40 a day savings right there. We are going to be there for almost 2 weeks, so those fees added up quickly. We got a car with our package and saved over $500 from Disney's value resorts.
Follow up- We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista for 2 weeks. The location was ok, but the hotel room was sub-par. We had a 1 BR suite with kitchentte. With the exception of the coffeemaker and supplies, there were no dishes, utensils or paper towels. Rooms needed maintenance repairs and housekeeping was not good. Since we prepaid for our vacation the hotel didn't address our concerns while staying there. Once we got home and shared our experiences on social media they contacted me and made things right. You have to have a car to be in this area, and there is always traffic on International Parkway. It doesn't matter time of day.

thomas998

Planning 2 trips to WDW, which means we have to stay in a budget. The value properties on property are close to $200 a night (including taxes) Would like to stay by Disney Springs. Any experiences or recommendations to share? I found one that had good prices but awful customer feedback. Appreciate your thoughts.

Kind of depends on how close you want to be to Disney Springs. When we want to be near that part of the Disney Grounds we like to stay at the Courtyard Marriott Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway.... I is a little further from Disney Springs than some hotels, precisely 1.5 miles from the hotel entrance to the Disney Spring's lime garage.... but because it is not right on Hotel Plaza Blvd, you have food places very nearby.

Know that there are two Courtyard Marriotts in Lake Buena Vista near Disney Springs off Vineland road. To get to either one you go east on Hotel Plaza Blvd from Disney Springs to Vineland RD... The more expensive one is south on Vineland Road the Cheaper one that I would recommend is north on Vineland and then right on Palm Parkway (right by an Olive Garden).... We stayed there earlier this weak at the rooms with a AAA discount were $83 a night and much better than what you will get in a Disney Value... Probably comparable to the Moderates at Disney. On one trip we use the suites which will give you a separate room with its own TV pretty much like what you get at Universal's Cabana Bay... But they a bit more, we would have used them but we were only there two nights so we didn't need room to really spread out.

Now the one downside to being off park is you will have to pay $20/day for parking so factor that in to your budget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom