Passholder discounts Summer 2017

p.a.m.

Full price at WL with the full price dining plan was still cheaper than a 2 bedroom suite at Boardwalk with a passholders discount.lol.
I think that room was $1200 per night including the discount.lol
The suites at deluxe properties are always really expensive. I've found that we're better off getting a 2 bedroom DVC villa over a 2 bedroom suite when staying at the resorts that have both DVC and non-DVC rooms. The only thing is with DVC you can't get club level/lounge and with the suites you do have access even if they're on a different floor.

MySmallWorldof4

You had me ready to throw a fit about the dining plan. Lol. I had to look it up!!
It was blacked out during our dates.. but it looks like it ended in July even if they would have fit. I still don't understand why the first few days of December were excluded from so many discounts. Almost everything was sold out, so maybe that's why?

View attachment 195047
Maybe because it was right after Thanksgiving when you went. I know September is the cheapest month to go.

MySmallWorldof4

The suites at deluxe properties are always really expensive. I've found that we're better off getting a 2 bedroom DVC villa over a 2 bedroom suite when staying at the resorts that have both DVC and non-DVC rooms. The only thing is with DVC you can't get club level/lounge and with the suites you do have access even if they're on a different floor.
We did club level at Boardwalk. They have a few larger rooms (deluxe ones) that sleep 6. Those were a good deal with the discount.

21stamps

Original Poster
Maybe because it was right after Thanksgiving when you went. I know September is the cheapest month to go.
I don't know.. but seriously I was just furiously googling ready to call Disney and throw an absolute fit lol. Do certain resorts get excluded from free dining like they do with passholder discounts?

21stamps

Original Poster
We did club level at Boardwalk. They have a few larger rooms (deluxe ones) that sleep 6. Those were a good deal with the discount.
The 2 bedroom that I was talking about was club level. I can say with confidence that I will never be staying in that room lol.
I know POFQ usually gets excluded. Some others that I cannot recall also.
The Contemporary was excluded from all RO discounts during our week. They had one atrium level available, but I think that one was a 1 bedroom and also priced too high.
I was mad about paying for a bunk bed that I didn't need, I'll never book a suite at Disney for the 2 of us.lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Yeah, I just can't bring myself to pay for a theme park view but I did pay $406 for 2 nights in December at WL no discount just because I wanted to go over and stay at WL for the weekend.
What kills me about Poly, is the theme park view standard rooms are more expensive than club level rooms. That just seems odd. Not including TPV club level.. that one's about $200 more I think.

MySmallWorldof4

The 2 bedroom that I was talking about was club level. I can say with confidence that I will never be staying in that room lol.

The Contemporary was excluded from all RO discounts during our week. They had one atrium level available, but I think that one was a 1 bedroom and also priced too high.

I was mad about paying for a bunk bed that I didn't need, I'll never book a suite at Disney for the 2 of us.lol
We stayed club level 3 times in a row over 2 years at Boardwalk. We joked that we were hoping for having spent so much they would upgrade us to the 2 bdrm suite. Ha!! We did get upgraded to a 2 bdrm at OKW once from a studio. That was a nice upgrade. :)

p.a.m.

I've never done the deluxe rooms at Boardwalk but I did a deluxe room at Beach Club in February 2015. I didn't love it. Yes the room was larger and we had a huge balcony but club level access was basically useless because we were on the 2nd floor and in a part of the building that was only 4 stories high. Club level at BC is on the 5th floor, so it was basically a maze to just get a cup of coffee in the morning. I paid well over $600 a night with a discount (general discount because I didn't have an AP back then). It wasn't my favorite trip.
It sounds like your experience at BWI was better.

deeevo

What kills me about Poly, is the theme park view standard rooms are more expensive than club level rooms. That just seems odd. Not including TPV club level.. that one's about $200 more I think.
I am gonna do TPV at Contemporary someday with just the wife. I don't think I could do a week there. Not really my thing. We are Poly in the summer and WL in the winter and FQ for weekend trips.

21stamps

Original Poster
We stayed club level 3 times in a row over 2 years at Boardwalk. We joked that we were hoping for having spent so much they would upgrade us to the 2 bdrm suite. Ha!! We did get upgraded to a 2 bdrm at OKW once from a studio. That was a nice upgrade. :)
Nice! I can't believe how expensive the 2 bedroom suite at BWI was. I had no idea.
Eventually we will stay at BWI.. I know that T will love the pool..hopefully when Star Wars Land opens. Probably not club level though.

I've stayed in RPC at GF years ago.. but not since motherhood, and don't see ever paying those prices again.lol. We only went to Disney for 3 nights or so back then.

MySmallWorldof4

I've never done the deluxe rooms at Boardwalk but I did a deluxe room at Beach Club in February 2015. I didn't love it. Yes the room was larger and we had a huge balcony but club level access was basically useless because we were on the 2nd floor and in a part of the building that was only 4 stories high. Club level at BC is on the 5th floor, so it was basically a maze to just get a cup of coffee in the morning. I paid well over $600 a night with a discount (general discount because I didn't have an AP back then). It wasn't my favorite trip.
It sounds like your experience at BWI was better.
BW was way better than what you describe Beach Club. There are 2 floors of club. We were always on the floor with the dining area Not a maze at all. It was one long hallway. I would recommend it.

MySmallWorldof4

Nice! I can't believe how expensive the 2 bedroom suite at BWI was. I had no idea.
Eventually we will stay at BWI.. I know that T will love the pool..hopefully when Star Wars Land opens. Probably not club level though.

I've stayed in RPC at GF years ago.. but not since motherhood, and don't see ever paying those prices again.lol. We only went to Disney for 3 nights or so back then.
I did peak in it when they were cleaning it once. Very nice, but only if spending $50,000 was like spending $50.

21stamps

Original Poster
Are there no club levels facing MK?
Yes, they're like $200 more per night than regular TPV. I think they're over $900. Not positive though. I know in December they were over $1000.- and they sold out.
I am gonna do TPV at Contemporary someday with just the wife. I don't think I could do a week there. Not really my thing. We are Poly in the summer and WL in the winter and FQ for weekend trips.
I haven't stayed at the Contemporary since I was in high school. I originally had it booked for our November trip, before I changed the dates, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted the convenience of GF to Poly's dining options. I really do want to do a stay there soon. But, I'm with you I also only want a few days only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom