Passholder discounts Summer 2017

21stamps

Original Poster
Sure. It makes no sense for Disney not to release summer discounts for anyone by April. People plan summer vacations months in advance. Does anyone ever pay full price anymore unless free dining is offered? Besides part of our reason for getting AP's is for the room discount.

I paid full price for 4 out of the 9 nights of my last trip..our first night at GF, and our 3 nights at WL. That is the first and only time I have ever paid full price at WDW.. I swore to myself that I won't do it again... I'm keeping that promise.lol

I bought the AP bc the discount on the other 5 nights at GF, combined with MM and food/merchandise discounts pretty much covered the cost of my AP. I want that same discount again!!

MySmallWorldof4

I paid full price for 4 out of the 9 nights of my last trip..our first night at GF, and our 3 nights at WL. That is the first and only time I have ever paid full price at WDW.. I swore to myself that I won't do it again... I'm keeping that promise.lol

I bought the AP bc the discount on the other 5 nights at GF, combined with MM and food/merchandise discounts pretty much covered the cost of my AP. I want that same discount again!!
Didn't you get the free dining plan with WL? Or maybe I am remembering it wrong.

p.a.m.

I paid full price for years until I finally stumbled upon a couple of Disney forums and realized what a terrible bargain shopper I am. It makes me a little sick thinking about how much money I wasted on our first several trips. (Some of those trips were even club level no less. Ugh)

21stamps

Original Poster
Didn't you get the free dining plan with WL? Or maybe I am remembering it wrong.
No!! I PAID for it!! That's why I was so upset about the credits!!
Free dining wasn't going on then. Not that I know of anyway.. I hope my TA would have told me.lol. I booked in September for December 1-4. It was the only room left that was a not a suite...at least the only one out of the Epcot resorts and AKL Savanna View, which were the only resorts that I was willing to switch to. I had to book the stupid more expensive Bunkbed room bc it was the only one available.
The frustrating part was when we tried to switch my reservation to a room only, after I bought the AP and knew I would receive food discounts. We were told that it wasn't able to be changed...and that it would cancel my reservation and we chance losing it.
My TA called multiple times.. no luck. So, I threw away quite a bit of money on that wasted plan. They aren't getting another non discounted room booking from me as well!

MySmallWorldof4

I paid full price for years until I finally stumbled upon a couple of Disney forums and realized what a terrible bargain shopper I am. It makes me a little sick thinking about how much money I wasted on our first several trips. (Some of those trips were even club level no less. Ugh)
When we stayed club level it was always with at least a 30% discount.

21stamps

Original Poster
I always got the Florida Resident rate, until 2015.. but I booked a 30% room only on that trip..then added the dining plan to it. Same thing I mistakingly did in '16 lol

MySmallWorldof4

No!! I PAID for it!! That's why I was so upset about the credits!!
Free dining wasn't going on then. Not that I know of anyway.. I hope my TA would have told me.lol. I booked in September for December 1-4. It was the only room left that was a not a suite...at least the only one out of the Epcot resorts and AKL Savanna View, which were the only resorts that I was willing to switch to. I had to book the stupid more expensive Bunkbed room bc it was the only one available.
The frustrating part was when we tried to switch my reservation to a room only, after I bought the AP and knew I would receive food discounts. We were told that it wasn't able to be changed...and that it would cancel my reservation and we chance losing it.
My TA called multiple times.. no luck. So, I threw away quite a bit of money on that wasted plan. They aren't getting another non discounted room booking from me as well!
Did you wait too long to change it? I have as of yet never had a problem with room rate changes.

21stamps

Original Poster
Did you wait too long to change it? I have as of yet never had a problem with room rate changes.
No, they said when you add the dining plan then it is considered a "ticketless package" and you can not change from that to a room only reservation without cancelling and rebooking.

Have you had a different experience recently? (I'm almost scared to hear this answer)

MySmallWorldof4

I always got the Florida Resident rate, until 2015.. but I booked a 30% room only on that trip..then added the dining plan to it. Same thing I mistakingly did in '16 lol
We haven't done the dining plan in years. Ever since my ds(13) became an adult(10) we stopped. He doesn't eat and if he does it is a minimal amount. We don't do buffets too often anymore anyway. Just not worth it for us. Actually non of my kids eats enough to make a dining plan worth it.

MySmallWorldof4

No, they said when you add the dining plan then it is considered a "ticketless package" and you can not change from that to a room only reservation without cancelling and rebooking.

Have you had a different experience recently? (I'm almost scared to hear this answer)
I get that. I haven't booked a ticket package for a few years. A la carte seemed cheaper. :) I think once I did though and they booked a new reservation, then canceled the old one and put what I payed toward the old one to the new one.

21stamps

Original Poster
I get that. I haven't booked a ticket package for a few years. A la carte seemed cheaper. :) I think once I did though and they booked a new reservation, then canceled the old one and put what I payed toward the old one to the new one.

Yeah. That's what we were so afraid of..canceling and rebooking. It was the only room at WL. I just checked, we booked on October 2nd. It says "package-dining plan", and apparently that falls under "package" rules. I was furious. But we were told multiple times that it was not able to be done unless cancelled and rebooked, and that they did not have a way to hold the room in the meantime. I wasn't willing to take that gamble. Full price at WL with the full price dining plan was still cheaper than a 2 bedroom suite at Boardwalk with a passholders discount.lol.
I think that room was $1200 per night including the discount.lol

deeevo

Wait, what?? How?? What percentage off was that? I had a 30% and my room was like $540ish per night.
It was a standard view from Monday to Friday. Here is my confirmation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170320-193032.png
    Screenshot_20170320-193032.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 44

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah. That's what we were so afraid of..canceling and rebooking. It was the only room at WL. I just checked, we booked on October 2nd. It says "package-dining plan", and apparently that falls under "package" rules. I was furious. But we were told multiple times that it was not able to be done unless cancelled and rebooked, and that they did not have a way to hold the room in the meantime. I wasn't willing to take that gamble. Full price at WL with the full price dining plan was still cheaper than a 2 bedroom suite at Boardwalk with a passholders discount.lol.
I think that room was $1200 per night including the discount.lol
:jawdrop: But, well, you did have an awesome, I need to make it up to T trip for having been a too obsessive mom(which we all have been) trip. ;):)

21stamps

Original Poster
It was a standard view from Monday to Friday. Here is my confirmation
Wow!!! We were there over Labor Day and the following week. I didn't realize there was that much of a price difference in a Standard vs Theme Park View.

21stamps

Original Poster
:jawdrop: But, well, you did have an awesome, I need to make it up to T trip for having been a too obsessive mom(which we all have been) trip. ;):)
You had me ready to throw a fit about the dining plan. Lol. I had to look it up!!
It was blacked out during our dates.. but it looks like it ended in July even if they would have fit. I still don't understand why the first few days of December were excluded from so many discounts. Almost everything was sold out, so maybe that's why?

IMG_2377.jpg

deeevo

Wow!!! We were there over Labor Day and the following week. I didn't realize there was that much of a price difference in a Standard vs Theme Park View.
Yeah, I just can't bring myself to pay for a theme park view but I did pay $406 for 2 nights in December at WL no discount just because I wanted to go over and stay at WL for the weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom