Planning AK and MK day trip

wxnerdz

Hello everyone! Looking for a little advice for our trip to WDW on Thursday, April 20. We've been to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios several times but we want to hit up Animal Kingdom this time around. We will have a one-day park hopper pass.

Below is the list of rides we DEFINITELY want to ride during the span of our one day.

I'm trying to figure out which park to start at and how to use our fast passes. Any advice would be appreciated!

Magic Kingdom
Seven dwarfs mine train
Space Mountain
Big thunder mountain railroad
Splash mountain

Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kali river rapids
Safari (maybe)

Hollywood Studios
Rock N roller Coaster (probably will save this for last if we have time and use single rider line)

Last edited:

mousehockey37

Hello everyone! Looking for a little advice for our trip to WDW on Thursday, April 21. We've been to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios several times but we want to hit up Animal Kingdom this time around. We will have a one-day park hopper pass.

Below is the list of rides we DEFINITELY want to ride during the span of our one day.

I'm trying to figure out which park to start at and how to use our fast passes. Any advice would be appreciated!

Magic Kingdom
Seven dwarfs mine train
Space Mountain
Splash mountain

Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kali river rapids
Safari (maybe)

Hollywood Studios
Rock N roller Coaster (probably will save this for last if we have time and use single rider line)

There aren't enough hours in the day for all this.

Also, your MK rides are all the same tier. You'll only get 1 FP. Keep that in mind as you plan your day.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@wxnerdz, start your day at rope drop at AK. Ride Everest first, then Dinosaur, Kali and Safari (if you want).

If Rock N Rollercoaster is the only attraction you want to do at Hollywood Studios, go there next and ride single rider.

Make your fastpasses for MK mid-afternoon. Since MK has the most attractions, you have a good chance of getting additional fastpasses after you use your first three.

The key to your plan is to start early and drive yourselves (or Uber) to the parks. You will lose a lot of time relying on Disney transport.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Hello everyone! Looking for a little advice for our trip to WDW on Thursday, April 21. We've been to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios several times but we want to hit up Animal Kingdom this time around. We will have a one-day park hopper pass.

Magic Kingdom
Seven dwarfs mine train
Space Mountain
Splash mountain

Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kali river rapids
Safari (maybe)

Hollywood Studios
Welcome to the boards! As a new member I want to let you know that if anyone knows how to navigate the parks it's @Tuvalu . If you want to get the most out of your to do list I would do as she says. :D

Upvote 0

Rob562

I second (third?) @Tuvalu 's itinerary suggestion. It's actually really close to what I gave to friends who are going later this week and wanted to do a single AK/MK day while they were passing through Orlando.

I also agree with the suggestion of using your own vehicle and not relying on Disney transportation.

That being said, you might want to at least look into the new express transportation option.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...cing-express-transportation-ticket-option.htm

If you end your AK visit at the Safari, it picks up right there. It would also deliver you to the Studios right next to RnRC for a quick ride or two. Then hop back on and it drops you into MK next to Buzz, easy to get right to Space Mtn.
Might be worth the $19 per person to skip two trips through security.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom