Pre-Trip I"M GOING TO DISNEY and I'M STAYING IN A DELUXE!

So I wasn't planning on doing a pre trip report so soon but since I have the day off thanks to the past presidents I figured I'd get it started rather then get on the tread mill. Plus Tuvalu looks like she might be taking a few weeks off and I'll have nothing else to look forward too. :)

I'm so excited for this trip! We will be staying in our very first Deluxe! This could be bad for us, I may get spoiled!! This is also our first time renting points. Everything went smooth and hopefully nothing happens between now and our trip.

A few of the details:

WHO: Just J and I will be taking this trip
IMG_0571.JPG

Unfortunately this photo is a year old. It's the only one I have on hand at the moment that doesn't have one of us making a face.

WHEN: September 14-18. It'll be an awesome 4 nights over our anniversary weekend!!

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village!! Whoop Whoop!

lostpro9het

Well we have hit 180 days.. And we now have the following dining reservations

5:00 pm II Mulino at the Swan
10:00 am Kona Café at the Poly for breakfast
7:10 pm California Grill at the Contemporary
5:45 Tiffins at Animal Kingdom
9:50 Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for breakfast

We're not a 100% sure about our breakfast yet, we were going to go @lostpro9het and @Tuvalu style with donuts in the room but we have never gone out to breakfast while at Disney so we're mulling it over. Also they don't have ROL dining packages out for Tiffins in September yet so I just went ahead and made a regular reservation at Tiffins until then.
Nothing wrong with Entenmann's for a few days with some home brewed coffee. I'd recommend the Sanaa breakfast since you're in Kidani and since it's pretty good. Otherwise, if you're looking to get out for breakfast then Kona.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I just finally read you PTR. My trip also overlaps yours by a couple days and we're staying at Kidani renting points also!
I'm so excited! I hate that it's still so far away. But honesty I wouldn't want to go any other time of year for this trip. Have you stayed at Kidani before? As I've said before I know this is going to ruin me. :)

MotherofaPrincessLover

I'm so excited! I hate that it's still so far away. But honesty I wouldn't want to go any other time of year for this trip. Have you stayed at Kidani before? As I've said before I know this is going to ruin me. :)
This will be my first time there. I'm really excited to check it out. I'm hoping to take some time to spend at the resort but the parks are always so alluring...

amjt660

Premium Member
Just a very small change. I have cancelled our Trail's End Breakfast Reservation and moved Kona Cafe Breakfast to our departure day. I've decided this is a relaxing vacation and I'll eat breakfast at Sanaa instead of running all over property in the morning to get to breakfast. :)
I am okay with this change as long as Kona breakfast makes the cut!!!:rolleyes:

Max

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Park hours for our dates just changed, not sure if will affect your plans but it affected mine so i thought id let you know. Just animal kingdom, but its now showing open until 9pm instead of 7!! :D:D:D
:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: This is such good news!!. Where did you see this? I was just trying to look up calendars for AK but didn't see anything updated yet.

PrincessL

Soooo late to the party! But I had to check out your plans you mentioned for your sans kids trip:) They look great!

We are also from Indiana and have a trip planned for September with out the kiddos. I'm currently looking at flights out of Indy which are pretty cheap via SW!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
78 Days to go!! @PrincessL and @amjt660 got me excited to make a post since it's been quite awhile.

Not many of our plans have changed. Still just one park, which I'm ok with. I'm still so excited and checking my countdown daily.

Our 4 ADR'S are

II Mulino for dinner
California Grill for a late dinner and then HEA!
Tiffins with ROL seating
Kona Cafe for breakfast.

I've broke my own rules and watched HEA on Youtube. I loved it. I will miss Wishes but am very excited to watch HEA in person.

I've booked our flights through Delta and were cheaper than I had thought. We are arriving later than I had hoped and should get to AKL around 7pm. I'm guessing we'll explore the resort and enjoy the atmosphere there for the night.

Departure day we will have until 3pm or so until we will have to board the not so magical express.

FP+ will be made in a couple of weeks and I haven't even thought of how we'll tour the park yet!! :eek: Not sure if we'll sleep in or hit the parks early. Do I want to put off Pandora until the morning rush has left or run there at opening. Do I book FP+ around 10 like I do at MK or do I put it off until later!? These may seem like ridiculous questions but we're really trying to go slow and enjoy are day, I don't want any strict schedules for this trip. :)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
@MerMom1981 and @Courtney6682 I said I'd let you know about our trip to Tennessee. It was a wonderful time with a lot less wifi, more game time and spending time together. We did some ziplining, white water rafting and hiking.
Here are just a few pictures of our vacation
IMG_2893.JPG

Our Weekly rental.
24BB07CD-2264-4E61-958F-7BD676CA409A.JPG

C didn't enjoy the hiking as much as the rest of us.
EFB7465C-D41A-4302-B873-D025AB8C6B20.JPG

It rained in the middle of our hike. We attempted to huddle under a rock ledge to stay dry. I thought of @TheMouseFan at this moment.
5D6BF1BD-8937-49AF-8857-B6BA6196C482.JPG
07A8A057-4E30-4DEC-BCB9-30129E112090.JPG
0A5EF511-898F-4F1F-85CB-E5893B03758D.JPG
E082A247-86F5-4C66-95C0-573BEA89D2DB.JPG
CD8F40AA-8216-40BB-8EBF-80BBFA945CFD.JPG
1BBA05D5-A08B-47B7-9DA1-2170B6C46E0A.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Omg! Sounds like a great trip! What a beautiful place! That was all in Gatlinburg?
It was all around Gatlinburg. Our cabin was about 15 minutes away. We actually only went into town once. We were trying to stay away from the hoards of people.

Gorgeous sunset photo! And the daytime rolling green hills/mountains shot could have been taken with my camera during our trip to TN two summers ago. :)
Thank you. It was so beautiful. We will definitely be going back, my next goal is to get a cabin by a creek. And not get a speeding ticket.:oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom