Club 32 Lounge

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
It would probably start by going down the rabbit hole. In the room with the talking door, there could be an illusion where guests "grow" then "shrink". After that, guests can go through scenes such as the caucus race, tweedle dee and tweedle dum encounters, the tulgey wood, the Mad tea party, the castle courtyard, the croquette game, maybe the trial?
What if it wasn't a dark ride the whole time?

What about making it like Tower of Terror. You fall down the rabbit hole, the car moves through a 5th dimension type dark ride scene, then it fall and rises like a tamer, shorter tower of terror through different scenes. The different drop towers can have different scenes so that every ride is different.

Brer Oswald

What about making it like Tower of Terror. You fall down the rabbit hole, the car moves through a 5th dimension type dark ride scene, then it fall and rises like a tamer, shorter tower of terror through different scenes. The different drop towers can have different scenes so that every ride is different.
Interesting idea. It was going to be a LPS ride though.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Hm What if we switched the Frozen drop tower with an LPS and made Alice the drop tower instead?

I'm very interested in this pitch! It'd be a great way to incorporate the zany Dr. Strange type scenery!

Brer Oswald

I'm sorry I feel so strongly about this :hilarious:. It just kinda negates our whole plan to go Wild with it if we just focus on going down the rabbit hole (such a small part of the movie), and a drop tower almost sets the ride into a linear more narrative approach. We could have the first part drop guests down, and then guests could go on a non linear ride through wonderland. Regardless, I feel like a drop tower doesn't suit Fantasyland very well either.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm sorry I feel so strongly about this :hilarious:. It just kinda negates our whole plan to go Wild with it if we just focus on going down the rabbit hole (such a small part of the movie), and a drop tower almost sets the ride into a linear more narrative approach. We could have the first part drop guests down, and then guests could go on a non linear ride through wonderland. Regardless, I feel like a drop tower doesn't suit Fantasyland very well either.
Not necessarily. The drop tower could be one component of the attraction -- technically Tower of Terror is a trackless guided ride, so it would be using similar technology just on a more kid friendly scale.

This was the idea behind the Frozen Mountain, but I actually like it a lot better here. I think it fits.

Brer Oswald

Not necessarily. The drop tower could be one component of the attraction -- technically Tower of Terror is a trackless guided ride, so it would be using similar technology just on a more kid friendly scale.

This was the idea behind the Frozen Mountain, but I actually like it a lot better here. I think it fits.
So could the teacups gather into a room, drop down, and then move freely through wonderland with the LPS design? Wouldn't it be better to give a more slow weightless feeling when going down the rabbit hole like in the movie?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So could the teacups gather into a room, drop down, and then move freely through wonderland with the LPS design? Wouldn't it be better to give a more slow weightless feeling when going down the rabbit hole like in the movie?
I think like @Pionmycake was saying there could be multiple drop shafts so you get a new ride each time. But essentially you'd fall down the rabbit hole (the drop shaft) and that's where all the wacky, zany fun could happen on the attraction.

I'd much prefer to walk through the Tugly Woods in person -- which is why an interactive maze and the queue for the attraction could be highly immersive in its design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom