How late can you be to a table service restaurant reservation?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes you shouldn't have any issues 15 min late. I don't recommend this at all but I have even been 45min ++ late and was still let in. But 15 min the reservation line even tells you this is an acceptable amount of time you can be late. Now if it is close to closing time though they could turn you away but if it's not near closing 10-15 min you should not have any issues. We never have. ;)

JIMINYCR

Disney does give you that 15 minutes grace time, they realize you might have been caught on a ride, had to fight crowds, had to walk from across the park, had bus issues and many other reasons to be late. They work hard trying to turn tables over and get diners in and out as quickly as they can to open more tables for other guests that walk up without reservations and get those extra meals served, so they would prefer your are there on time. If you are late it might mean more of a wait for you as you wait for the next table to open up.

mousehockey37

Ever been turned away?

Earliest I've seen someone turned away was 45 minutes late at Sci Fi.

These threads kill me. I understand things can happen that would make you late for a ressie, but if your trip is a good bit away, and you're asking this question, then your planning sucks (to be blunt). Do everything in your power to be on time. It's a courtesy to the people at the restaurant as well as the other patrons.

And to answer your question: I'm a person that actually makes it a point to arrive EARLY to my reservations.

redsfan4life

I try to arrive 15 minutes before reservations . I consider I am late if I arrive 1 minute after my reservation , but understand and have been a victim of circumstances making me late

Hockey89

These threads kill me. I understand things can happen that would make you late for a ressie, but if your trip is a good bit away, and you're asking this question, then your planning sucks (to be blunt). Do everything in your power to be on time. It's a courtesy to the people at the restaurant as well as the other patrons.

And to answer your question: I'm a person that actually makes it a point to arrive EARLY to my reservations.
Could not agree more.... And it screws up the table for next group.... Just show up on time...

ToTBellHop

Could not agree more.... And it screws up the table for next group.... Just show up on time...
And if the monorail is unexpectedly closed? Bus takes 40 min to arrive?

Sometimes things occur beyond someone's power. Granted I agree it's odd to be almost PLANNING for that.

Hockey89

Sometimes things occur beyond someone's power. Granted I agree it's odd to be almost PLANNING for that.
With all due respect, I have gone to Disney for 30 years.... 7 dinners each time and never had a problem showing up on time. If you are taken a bus, make sure you leave with plenty of time where it could take 40. It's not hard to figure out..

danyoung56

I don't see anything odd if knowing what the parameters are. For instance, if the OP found out that disney was hardline on their rez times, then they'd either try harder to make the rez time or they'd blow it off and do something else. Knowing that Disney is somewhat lenient on rez times gives them the peace of mind to not worry so much about it. As long as a reasonable attempt is made to be there on time, I don't see the problem.

Phonedave

I don't see anything odd if knowing what the parameters are. For instance, if the OP found out that disney was hardline on their rez times, then they'd either try harder to make the rez time or they'd blow it off and do something else. Knowing that Disney is somewhat lenient on rez times gives them the peace of mind to not worry so much about it. As long as a reasonable attempt is made to be there on time, I don't see the problem.

That's a very resonable attitude. My wife and I are both the type of people who feel that if we are less than 15 minutes early, we are are late. In "normal" life it is not hard to make things like dinner reservations on time. However WDW presents a number of logistical issues. ride go 101 while you are in line (or on them). kids have bathroom emergencies, transportation takes 3X longer than usual, etc. We make an effort to be early as well, and most of the we are. however there have been times where we were 5-10 minutes late. Once we were 30 minutes late, and we apoligized profusely, and they accomidated us.

-dave

danyoung56

I agree, dave - I have the same attitude. I like to get to a restaurant 10 to 15 minutes early. But it's nice knowing I have the leeway if I'm running late through no fault of my own.

mousehockey37

If you run into situations like this, that's why you call guest services and get in touch with the restaurant. But if you're going in the summer, during the daily thunderstorm and you happen to be on the monorail when lightning hits the beam, that's poor planning. If you know the possibility exists that you could get stuck on the monorail and you HAVE to be somewhere, don't take the monorail. Buses usually are not 40 minute waits. Traffic problems can arise though.

Again, if you have an issue on the way to a meal, the number is on the app, call. Be proactive. They'll work with you on it.

Tom P.

You don't think it's also part of good planning to plan for what to do, and what is permitted, if unexpected events occur?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom