Late July trip, evening Epcot EMH...how bad will it be?

jasmine217

My husband and I are planning a WDW trip for July 21-26 of this year. I am well aware that this is a less desirable time to visit because of the high crowds and temperatures, but being childless and in good shape, we generally get along just fine. We actually visited last July and had a great time, but we were only there for a couple of days so our goal is to go back this year for a longer period and have more in-depth experiences.

Most touring sites online advise against visiting parks with EMH because of higher crowds. However, I am wanting to take advantage of Epcot's evening EMH on the Tuesday evening that we will be there. My main reason for this is that last year, we visited Epcot midday, and the heat was unbearable because Epcot is so expansive and lacks the shade that is more plentiful in other parks. My thought is that visiting during evening EMH will give us the chance to walk around the park late at night when temps have dipped, and since it will be peak time, the park could be open until 12 or even 1 - we could potentially outlast a lot of families at that hour.

Will the park be just insane because of the EMH? Is this a bad idea, or am I on the right track?

RMichael21

My husband and I are planning a WDW trip for July 21-26 of this year. I am well aware that this is a less desirable time to visit because of the high crowds and temperatures, but being childless and in good shape, we generally get along just fine. We actually visited last July and had a great time, but we were only there for a couple of days so our goal is to go back this year for a longer period and have more in-depth experiences.

Most touring sites online advise against visiting parks with EMH because of higher crowds. However, I am wanting to take advantage of Epcot's evening EMH on the Tuesday evening that we will be there. My main reason for this is that last year, we visited Epcot midday, and the heat was unbearable because Epcot is so expansive and lacks the shade that is more plentiful in other parks. My thought is that visiting during evening EMH will give us the chance to walk around the park late at night when temps have dipped, and since it will be peak time, the park could be open until 12 or even 1 - we could potentially outlast a lot of families at that hour.

Will the park be just insane because of the EMH? Is this a bad idea, or am I on the right track?
Well, what I would recommend is to visit Hollywood Studios in the morning/afternoon, as there are more indoor activities and attraction over there. Then, shortly before dinner time, jump over to Epcot using the boat and eat at World Showcase and enjoy the evening.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Think of it this way...the parks will no doubt be both busy and hot that time of year...that's a given. But if many of those people read the same advice against EMH as you did, quite possibly it won't be as bad as anticipated due to the crowds being "scared off". Sometimes I check the wait times on the app over dinner and make our evening park choice based on the which park seems lighter.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Epcot's EMH is from 9-11 pm since the park closes following Illuminations at 9 pm. The only time the park closes later than 9 pm is during Christmas week.

There will be a lot of people exiting after Illuminations but some non-resort guests will linger -- however they will not be allowed on any of the attractions that are open for EMH resort guests. While it will not be "insane" it will be busy, but your waits will still be shorter than during regular operating hours.

I would stick with your plan. :)

Upvote 0

jasmine217

Original Poster
Epcot's EMH is from 9-11 pm since the park closes following Illuminations at 9 pm. The only time the park closes later than 9 pm is during Christmas week.

There will be a lot of people exiting after Illuminations but some non-resort guests will linger -- however they will not be allowed on any of the attractions that are open for EMH resort guests. While it will not be "insane" it will be busy, but your waits will still be shorter than during regular operating hours.

I would stick with your plan. :)

Gotcha, I didn't realize that - I thought it was possibly like MK where they extend hours during peak times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom