Team Mist: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Seven Open Brainstorming

kmbmw777

Lol it can be easy to do. And as far as it fitting Fronteirland, I think it's fine with the separation of the river as long as visually it fits.

Like, even if it has nothing to do with the Fronteir or Liberty Square, I personally think that's ok as long as the middle earth stuff is hidden behind trees.
I completely agree. Pi, what were your thoughts on this story
Plot
-We are picked up by the eagles after the events in mordor and are just flying home. We could witness aargorns coronation on the trip (screw accurate timelines ;):hilarious:) and eventually land in the shire
/QUOTE]

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I completely agree. Pi, what were your thoughts on this story
That story sounds good (Like I said, I'm no expert). Maybe we don't need to start at Mordor though. Maybe just have it as a journey to see the King's Return and his coronation. We can have some little trouble with Orcs or whatever on the way, but mostly just a trip through Middle Earth journeying to the coronation.

Like I said, I'm faaaaar from an expert so feel free to over rule me on anything I say. I just hesitate to start a ride at the end of the last battle of the last movie. Might be tough for people who don't know the plot.

Also, like I said earlier, the downside of using TSI is that space will be very limited there. So, we need to keep that in mind and design something compact.

kmbmw777

That story sounds good (Like I said, I'm no expert). Maybe we don't need to start at Mordor though. Maybe just have it as a journey to see the King's Return and his coronation. We can have some little trouble with Orcs or whatever on the way, but mostly just a trip through Middle Earth journeying to the coronation.

Like I said, I'm faaaaar from an expert so feel free to over rule me on anything I say. I just hesitate to start a ride at the end of the last battle of the last movie. Might be tough for people who don't know the plot.

Also, like I said earlier, the downside of using TSI is that space will be very limited there. So, we need to keep that in mind and design something compact.
Man, missed a day, sorry y'all! My vote is the water coaster in HS where INDY is. Can explain thinking process a bit more later, but in short: the space, the place, the type, the hype
Pi, your story does make more sense and o like it.
I also think the location of replacing Indy is decent. I am biased tho cuz I love Indy but I get it's not a classic or anything.

Snoopy

Yeah, sorry I've been absent as well. Busy work week, but I have a day off now. :)

I don't think putting the attraction in DHS would be a bad idea at all; there would certainly be the room for it, and from a narrative standpoint DHS is (or was) traditionally the home of non-Disney properties in WDW for a long time. I think thematically in the Magic Kingdom the only place an attraction like this would make sense in is in Fanasyland. If we really wanted to go retro, we could say that Disney acquired the rights in the early 1980s and put it where Storybook Circus is now.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Man, missed a day, sorry y'all! My vote is the water coaster in HS where INDY is. Can explain thinking process a bit more later, but in short: the space, the place, the type, the hype
If we do the boat ride water coaster thing. Maybe the Hobbit would be a better focus. The queue and facade could be lake town with the actual show building being the Mystic Mountain. We get an exciting encounter with Smaug inside the Mystic Mountain, a flume splash into a flaming lake, the guy with the special bow shoots Smaug, and we ride past Smaug's body with the special arrow sticking out before the exit.

Just spitballing here. Though that set up may work better for a half flume ride. Again, no expert. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong. I just remember alot more water and boats in the Hobbit than in the original trilogy.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, sorry I've been absent as well. Busy work week, but I have a day off now. :)

I don't think putting the attraction in DHS would be a bad idea at all; there would certainly be the room for it, and from a narrative standpoint DHS is (or was) traditionally the home of non-Disney properties in WDW for a long time. I think thematically in the Magic Kingdom the only place an attraction like this would make sense in is in Fanasyland. If we really wanted to go retro, we could say that Disney acquired the rights in the early 1980s and put it where Storybook Circus is now.
I love me some alternate timelines almost as much as I love simple rhymes. So, you're argument feels compelling as well lol

Magic Feather

To elaborate:
The Space- Plenty of room to do what we want
The Place- It fits well with DHS by transporting you into the place
The Type- DHS needs a water ride. Badly.
The Hype- It fits with the thrilling "uppity" vibe of DHS
BONUS
The Theme- Brings a new, forested area
The Team- We got this!

kmbmw777

the-hobbit-remastered-deluxe-edition-screen-shot-7.jpg

I actually think the idea of giving MK a fourth mountain could be really fun!

kmbmw777

Storybook Circus Replacement
-We can move the train underground or move it through the mountain, and kinda of hide it
-Much more Fantasy-like than a circus
-Plenty of Room for one e-ticket

kmbmw777

To elaborate:
The Space- Plenty of room to do what we want
The Place- It fits well with DHS by transporting you into the place
The Type- DHS needs a water ride. Badly.
The Hype- It fits with the thrilling "uppity" vibe of DHS
BONUS
The Theme- Brings a new, forested area
The Team- We got this!
That is a solid argument. The only negative of HS is it has a lot of thrill rides and IJ appeals (more) to young ones.

Magic Feather

I see how both could work. I still lean towards DHS, but we should not go back and forth over this small detail. Let's try to have this decided by the end of the day.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, we seem to all be leaning towards the water coaster (correct me if I'm wrong). These are the three things we should try to decide today:

Team Leader:
right now @kmbmw777 and @Magic Feather seem the most active, but anyone could step up if they want and haven't been leader in a bit.

Magic Kingdom - Storybook Circus

Story:
Coronation of King Aragog
Mystic Mountain/Smaug

Of course, other ideas can still be thrown out.

And, if possible, please phrase your vote in the form of a rhyme

kmbmw777

That could be cool!
Really an idea that could rule.
I was thinking we could post it in Elvish first. Then repost it in english. Might not be the worst.
If we are using the hobbit
then the idea of dwarvish should be bopped in

(dwarvish not elivish is what im badly rhyming)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom