Pandora Dining?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm eagerly watching for reservations to open for this place.. I'm not exactly sure what this dish is, but it looks good and I am probably going to order it when we eat there when we are down there in September..

No reservations will be available, it's fast casual (cafeteria).

The only place for reservations in AK are: Tiffins; Yak & Yeti; Tusker House; and, Rain Forest Cafe. Tusker is buffet with characters, the rest are table service.

This means no reservations or table service in Pandora. Pandora will have the Canteen mentioned above and a window service: Pongu, Pongu

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/pongu-pongu/

yedliW

No reservations will be available, it's fast casual (cafeteria).

The only place for reservations in AK are: Tiffins; Yak & Yeti; Tusker House; and, Rain Forest Cafe. Tusker is buffet with characters, the rest are table service.

This means no reservations or table service in Pandora. Pandora will have the Canteen mentioned above and a window service: Pongu, Pongu

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/pongu-pongu/

The list of restaurants at AK, Satu'li is listed as table service.. and the picture of the dish in china, not on disposable paper.. it is an easy mistake to make.. besides.. it still looks good. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The list of restaurants at AK, Satu'li is listed as table service.. and the picture of the dish in china, not on disposable paper.. it is an easy mistake to make.. besides.. it still looks good. :)

What list lists it as table service? Disney's site calls it "fast casual"...

upload_2017-3-18_13-11-56.png

We've been told specifically that Pandora will not have a table service restaurant, and the concept art for Satu'li doesn't show any waiters.

The non-disposable plateware would indicate this is a more upscale cafeteria. It's possible they'll be drink service, or it may be like BoG with food brought out to you. But, again, the conceptual art shows more a counter service.

I would imagine it being like the lunch restaurants on cruise ships.

KrzyKtty

On the Pandora website itself, it says Pongu Pongu is Quick Service. It says that Satu'li is "Fast Casual". My suspicion is that you will order at a counter, and then the food will be brought to you like BOG? In which case, reservations may be accepted eventually. Just my two sense.

KrzyKtty

The system sounds cool, but not sure I will be able to use the quick order feature since we have DDP. I love the food though, but the rest of my family might rebel a bit.

KrzyKtty

What does DDP have to do with it?
The article said that they are using a system where you could order your food over the phone. It also said that while DDP's were going to be accepted, the only way to pay with the phone based pre-order would be via credit card. So while the system sounds cool, I won't be able to make real use of it if I wanted to use my DDP.

Bairstow

The article said that they are using a system where you could order your food over the phone. It also said that while DDP's were going to be accepted, the only way to pay with the phone based pre-order would be via credit card. So while the system sounds cool, I won't be able to make real use of it if I wanted to use my DDP.
Odd. Sounds like exactly the type of application that the MDE/account system was designed to address... unless they're unsure of how much demand there will be on the prepay system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom