Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

Curious Constance

That seems like an awfully large and irregularly shaped prop to move every night.

Doesn't it look like there are tracks that the boat can be recessed down towards the water?

IMG_4359.jpg

Curious Constance

Thats what I thought, I said it a few days ago hoping no one would think I'm dumb lol.
lol I must have missed that. I went out on a limb there myself. lol

In fact every time I comment on construction I run the risk of not only making a fool of myself, but of having everyone question whether I'm human or maybe one of those prototype computer programs mimicking a human.

Last edited:

Nland316

Original Poster
I hope they somehow manage to keep atleast some of Jane Ethridge Correa's vocals in the new show. I know rumors point to a new princess medley, and different "modern" soundtrack elements, which would unfortunately not be recorded using Jane's voice due to her passing a few years back, but it'd be nice to keep some of those amazing vocals from a great talent intact.

VJ

I mean, he is the head of Nighttime entertainment, so he typically ends up being at all the night testing for the Disneyland shows.
I guess what's being asked is if he's involved in the development of the show itself. I believe(?) he was involved in the 2009 technical refresh.

jrhwdw

I guess what's being asked is if he's involved in the development of the show itself. I believe(?) he was involved in the 2009 technical refresh.
Hopefully he wasn't responsible for the dragon back then! Maybe he wasn't since he's still there! I guess I didn't realize that he was in charge of all DL's nighttime Entertainment. I thought he was just given specific projects like DL
60, FOF, also DLP 25 I think?

Disney Analyst

Hopefully he wasn't responsible for the dragon back then! Maybe he wasn't since he's still there! I guess I didn't realize that he was in charge of all DL's nighttime Entertainment. I thought he was just given specific projects like DL
60, FOF, also DLP 25 I think?

I mean, he is VP of parades and spectaculars, so he's kind of in charge of a lot of it to some extent. But he doesn't work on everything. I would assume he's involved in some level on everything, but shows like Remember, Magical, Paint the Night, Wishes, world of color, festival of fantasy, soundsational, Disneyland forever... those are all him and his team specifically, he works first hand on those. Typically he is the creative force behind them.

Now Rivers of Light, the new fireworks at MK is a different team. I'm unsure if Steve gives approval for these shows or is completely uninvolved?

brb1006

I mean, he is VP of parades and spectaculars, so he's kind of in charge of a lot of it to some extent. But he doesn't work on everything. I would assume he's involved in some level on everything, but shows like Remember, Magical, Paint the Night, Wishes, world of color, festival of fantasy, soundsational, Disneyland forever... those are all him and his team specifically, he works first hand on those. Typically he is the creative force behind them.

Now Rivers of Light, the new fireworks at MK is a different team. I'm unsure if Steve gives approval for these shows or is completely uninvolved?
Wasn't PTN made for HK originally?

sponono88

Here we go! Not too many details yet but confirmation of some of the new scenes that were rumored

Speaking of nighttime spectaculars, Fantasmic! will return to the Rivers of America this summer, enhanced with brand-new scenes and effects. Mickey Mouse will be featured in more scenes than ever before (you can never have too much Mickey, right?), and the show will highlight new moments from favorite films including Aladdin (starring everyone’s favorite Genie!), Rapunzel, The Lion King, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

https://d23.com/everything-you-need...nd-resort-this-summer/?share_token=880644f227

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom