Pandora Dining?

Bairstow

Yeah, I was always under the assumption the QS would be in the former outpost's "Hell's Kitchen" commissary, which was confirmed at D23.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/theme-world-extreme-park-makeovers/34724138

As such, I expect the menu to be cafeteria-style, "mess hall grub" with stews, casseroles, that sort of thing. Think anything you'd find in a typical institutional setting. In the above picture, I see fruit cups, eggs, toast, ketchup, that sort of thing, so I doubt we're going to get Nav'vi cusine, though it's possible they throw in an exotic ingredient and call it a Pandoran fruit.

Another possibility could be since this is the remnants of the Hell's Gate complex and RDA has been kicked out in favor of a welcome center, the infrastructure might not be there to support a fully-operational dining hall. As such, could we get some sort of futuristic MRE? Menu itsef would probably be similar to a normal mess hall situation, it could just be packaged in a bag of some sort instead of a tray like in the picture above.

All I know is SOS better be on the menu.

Can you even imagine how much fun Imagineering could have with a place like that, decorating the walls with little bits of backstory, like sinister-looking RDA motivational posters half-torn off the walls, little notes and such from field researchers on the bulletin boards, and long-forgotten taped-up flyers and other ephemera peering into the lives of the private military contractors who used to live there and the researchers who live there now?
I consider Restaurantasaurus to be something of a neglected masterpiece of storytelling through scenic design, and given enough time, a team working on this project could top it.

Restaurantosaurus-071.jpg

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Yeah, I was always under the assumption the QS would be in the former outpost's "Hell's Kitchen" commissary, which was confirmed at D23.

PRESENTavatar-13.JPG

latest

As such, I expect the menu to be cafeteria-style, "mess hall grub" with stews, casseroles, that sort of thing. Think anything you'd find in a typical institutional setting. In the above picture, I see fruit cups, eggs, toast, ketchup, that sort of thing, so I doubt we're going to get Nav'vi cusine, though it's possible they throw in an exotic ingredient and call it a Pandoran fruit.

Another possibility could be since this is the remnants of the Hell's Gate complex and RDA has been kicked out in favor of a welcome center, the infrastructure might not be there to support a fully-operational dining hall. As such, could we get some sort of futuristic MRE? Menu itsef would probably be similar to a normal mess hall situation, it could just be packaged in a bag of some sort instead of a tray like in the picture above.

Ehhh I can't say I like it! It seems like it will be cold and honestly kind of reminds me of DHS Backlot Express. Don't get me wrong BlE has great food and I do enjoy some of the props but its overall environment is kind of drab and dirty. Hopefully the menu is good!

zooey

But aren't we humans in this world? The guest isn't a Navi, so I don't know if that will be the angle or not. I can see a restaurant being set up in an old military mess hall or something like that. I don't know if they will try to go exotic with the food or not.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
BTW where are you seeing "burrito ish items" or stews anywhere on that wiki list?
All I saw was "food wraps" and "shish kabobs"!

I said I'd drop the conversation, but as you are determined to push your middle eastern menu into a space that deserves it's own "blue milk"..

Not familiar with burritos ? They are a mixture of various ingredients wrapped in a tortilla. Contents vary based on the type. You could also call a gyro a food wrap.

Teylu are grubs and only look like shrimp so where's the bugs on a stick on your menu ?

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I said I'd drop the conversation, but as you are determined to push your middle eastern menu into a space that deserves it's own "blue milk"..

Not familiar with burritos ? They are a mixture of various ingredients wrapped in a tortilla. Contents vary based on the type. You could also call a gyro a food wrap.

Teylu are grubs and only look like shrimp so where's the bugs on a stick on your menu ?

Yes you did mention that you were going to drop it. However comma I did not! I am simply asking you to clarify where you found your information since its clear that you did not read the wiki page considering that you asked why I picked shrimp in loo of grubs since it stated that Taylu are much like shrimp.

By no means am I determined to push my menu! As I explained in my original post this thread was a place where everyone was free to comment on and imagine their own menus for a TS or CS restaurant. Though its clear to me that my imagined menu is offensive to you and by no means do you want to have anything to do with it. Be my guest and hate but please do so elsewhere as I am no longer interested in your rude, trolling behavior and from here on out am choosing to ignore you. Good day!

Fox&Hound

I wonder if the sequel will address some dining options or food/drink items. Two aspects missing from the original Avatar that are needed for a theme park experience: signature food/drink items and some merchandise material: gadgets/tools (like the light saber is for SW) or some kind of furry mascot/animal sidekick. I feel like there really aren't a lot of options to pull from the first movie so maybe the sequels will address this.

On a side note, I hope the new Pixar area comes with some signature dining/drinks. Maybe Flo's at some point?!?

Cmdr_Crimson

I consider Restaurantasaurus to be something of a neglected masterpiece of storytelling through scenic design, and given enough time, a team working on this project could top it.

Restaurantosaurus-071.jpg

Anytime I'm there I seem to hear Grazin in the grass once I enter and when I hear it on the radio it takes me back..

And I agree there's so much storytelling in the restauraunt alone..My favorite is the newspaper clippings, notes and other things including articles about the CTX Timerover..
IMG_5762.JPG

Last edited:

NonnaT

Well now that the D23 Expo has created a huge to do on WDW's future by releasing information, confirmed some rumors, and stirred the pot of speculation!

What do you think the dining experiences are going to be like in Pandora?

How is the Mouse going to create menus for this new land in DAK?

We have got a small sneak peek on a few of the items envisioned for the Star Wars Land with the Rebel Hangar but I personally can't really grasp what they could do with the menus!

Exactly what do Na'Vi eat? Is their diet primarily vegetarian? Do they plan on serving us bugs? :hungover:

Thought's?!
Great thread! Following just for fun!

SamN'Dean

PRESENTavatar-13.JPG

latest

UGH, that looks awful! I would not want to eat there.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I can't help but be curious- what is this "bean hugger outpost" you refer to?
I believe they are referring to either the Gardens Kiosk on Discovery Island or Mr.Kamal's in Asia which both offer Vegetarian/Vegan friendly options. However both are limited and I would not consider them much of anything for those of us who have these select diets that are looking for a more wide range of options.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I believe they are referring to either the Gardens Kiosk on Discovery Island or Mr.Kamal's in Asia which both offer Vegetarian/Vegan friendly options. However both are limited and I would not consider them much of anything for those of us who have these select diets that are looking for a more wide range of options.

I was referring to their hummus-centric menus. (garbonzo, gram and sometimes erroneously chickpea...peas have more sugars ... beans more fiber).

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
BUMP

We are only a short time away from the opening of Disney Animal Kingdoms new land and I am curious has there been an news or rumors of restaurants and menus?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
BUMP

We are only a short time away from the opening of Disney Animal Kingdoms new land and I am curious has there been an news or rumors of restaurants and menus?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/satuli-canteen/

satuli-canteen-09.jpg

Discover healthful dishes and familiar flavors from another world—wholesome grains, fresh vegetables and hearty proteins.

Between your aerial adventures on Avatar Flight of Passage and family-friendly voyages aboard Na’vi River Journey, tuck inside the Quonset-hut structure called Satu’li Canteen—long ago an RDA mess hall, now a peaceful dining facility adorned with Na’vi art and cultural items.

Owned and operated by Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE), Satu’li Canteen supplies travelers all the comforts of home—courtesy of a unique, fast-casual menu that’s been crafted from Pandora’s natural abundance.

Featuring international-inspired cuisine, vegetarian options and specialty libations, it’s the perfect place to refuel as you venture through the Valley of Mo’ara.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster

satuli-canteen-09.jpg

Discover healthful dishes and familiar flavors from another world—wholesome grains, fresh vegetables and hearty proteins.

Between your aerial adventures on Avatar Flight of Passage and family-friendly voyages aboard Na’vi River Journey, tuck inside the Quonset-hut structure called Satu’li Canteen—long ago an RDA mess hall, now a peaceful dining facility adorned with Na’vi art and cultural items.

Owned and operated by Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE), Satu’li Canteen supplies travelers all the comforts of home—courtesy of a unique, fast-casual menu that’s been crafted from Pandora’s natural abundance.

Featuring international-inspired cuisine, vegetarian options and specialty libations, it’s the perfect place to refuel as you venture through the Valley of Mo’ara.

Thank you for posting this!

I'm a bit surprised that my imagined menu matches their concept a little.

yedliW

satuli-canteen-09.jpg

I'm eagerly watching for reservations to open for this place.. I'm not exactly sure what this dish is, but it looks good and I am probably going to order it when we eat there when we are down there in September..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom