Can I get from La Nouba to my ADR in time?

Marc Levin

I've got a Circle De Soleil La Nouba booking at Disney Springs at 6pm, and an ADR at Bongo's Cuban Cafe Diner at 8:10pm.

Just wondering if I'm going to be able to get from one to the other comfortably? All I can find on the web is that the show's duration is 90 minutes, and a few old threads where people ask what time it actually finishes, but without a definite answer. Is it a reasonably safe assumption that we can easily get out of the theatre and walk over to Bongo's to be there in time for our ADR at 8:10pm?

Marc Levin

Original Poster
Despite being able to easily make it, I'd suggest finding somewhere else to eat. Bongos is hands-down the worst place I've ever eaten in WDW...

-Rob

Truth be told I'm struggling to find anyplace in Disney Springs that doesn't seem to be considered the worst place they've ever eaten in WDW by quite a few people in the reviews, which is rather confusing as there seem to be an equal number of reviews declaring the same places the best culinary experiences on the planet.

Having said that, I did in fact change the ADR to Paradiso 37 after my original post, as that seems to get less negatives and more positives than Bongos, so thank you for your post making me feel like I made the right decision!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Despite being able to easily make it, I'd suggest finding somewhere else to eat. Bongos is hands-down the worst place I've ever eaten in WDW...

-Rob

Truth be told I'm struggling to find anyplace in Disney Springs that doesn't seem to be considered the worst place they've ever eaten in WDW by quite a few people in the reviews, which is rather confusing as there seem to be an equal number of reviews declaring the same places the best culinary experiences on the planet.

Having said that, I did in fact change the ADR to Paradiso 37 after my original post, as that seems to get less negatives and more positives than Bongos, so thank you for your post making me feel like I made the right decision!

Disney Springs is overpriced and i have yet to have a great meal. But you always have to base things on your opinion

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

People will always go out of their way to leave bad reviews on good ones. I personally did not like Bongos or Paradiso 37. However, we have had numerous wonderful trips to the Boathouse & STK. We hear nothing but good things about Homecoming as well.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Keep in mind that sometimes their basis for culinary reviews is based on where they live. If you live in a city with a lot of top notch restaurants, and the money to visit them, your bar might be quite high. If you live in a more suburban or rural town, the restaurants at WDW will seem more extraordinary. It can depend heavily on where you are from and your experience.

Upvote 0

Rob562

People will always go out of their way to leave bad reviews on good ones. I personally did not like Bongos or Paradiso 37. However, we have had numerous wonderful trips to the Boathouse & STK. We hear nothing but good things about Homecoming as well.

I agree.
My bad review if Bongos was based on poor service, but more importantly it's the only meal in my life that has made me physically ill. (A few hours after dinner it woke me up and I had to run to the bathroom to be sick...)

We got better and cheaper Cuban food at a place a mile away on Palm Parkway...

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Most Disney Springs restaurants are delicious. The only ones I don't recommend are Paradiso 37 and Bongos. So agree with the others there are better choices. Boathouse, Morimoto, Raglan Road, Homecoming, Frontera Cocina, STK, Splitsville (yes the food is really good including the sushi!), etc. So saying you can't find one with mostly great reviews surprises me and about the worst meal ever. Haha! Pretty much every WDW restaurant someone says that about them at some point. Lol. Minus V&A's which even for there some say they didn't like it!!!! The blasphemy!!! Haha! Most of these I listed get "mostly" great reviews and we enjoy a lot of them as well. ;)

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Hijack thread question, but which would you recommend for a late night dinner? Like after MK closes dinner? This would be with two children.

Upvote 0

LeighM

The food at Homecomin' was wonderful. Everything we had was great and I'm from a town that has great dining options. Raglan Road was also really good. Not the best ever but we loved the Irish music and dancing so the whole experience made up for average food.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Hijack thread question, but which would you recommend for a late night dinner? Like after MK closes dinner? This would be with two children.

Raglan Road, Homecoming, Splitsville(only late night menu with just pizzas after 11 though), etc would be great choices with kids after MK. ;)

Upvote 0

Marc Levin

Original Poster
Raglan Road, Homecoming, Splitsville(only late night menu with just pizzas after 11 though), etc would be great choices with kids after MK. ;)

Ended up changing my ADR to Raglan Road as it's getting good reviews across the board, but especially after reading that they invite the kids on stage to join in the dancing. That sealed the deal as I know a little someone that's going to need to let off some steam after sitting quietly watching a show for 90 minutes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marc Levin

Original Poster
Most Disney Springs restaurants are delicious. The only ones I don't recommend are Paradiso 37 and Bongos. So agree with the others there are better choices. Boathouse, Morimoto, Raglan Road, Homecoming, Frontera Cocina, STK, Splitsville (yes the food is really good including the sushi!), etc. So saying you can't find one with mostly great reviews surprises me and about the worst meal ever. Haha! Pretty much every WDW restaurant someone says that about them at some point. Lol. Minus V&A's which even for there some say they didn't like it!!!! The blasphemy!!! Haha! Most of these I listed get "mostly" great reviews and we enjoy a lot of them as well. ;)

Yeah, it was specifically Bongo's, Paradiso 37 that I was looking at, having discounted T-Rex and Rainforest because even though they have awesome theming that would no doubt have appealed to my kid, the reviews were terrible. Didn''t really spend too much time looking at the "fine dining" options, as they'd be wasted on my kid (their kid's menus seem the same as any other place best I can tell). So I should have in fairness qualified my statement by "Of the one's I'm looking at". Between Bongo's and Paradiso 37 the latter seems to have moderately less terrible reviews, so I changed my ADR to that initially.

But after reading a few replies on here mentioning it, I started looking at Raglan Road, which I'd initially discounted as I figured who wants to eat in an Irish Pub while on Disney. Looking at the reviews I ended up finalising on it, as it sounds awesome. Just goes to show I guess :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Yeah, it was specifically Bongo's, Paradiso 37 that I was looking at, having discounted T-Rex and Rainforest because even though they have awesome theming that would no doubt have appealed to my kid, the reviews were terrible. Didn''t really spend too much time looking at the "fine dining" options, as they'd be wasted on my kid (their kid's menus seem the same as any other place best I can tell). So I should have in fairness qualified my statement by "Of the one's I'm looking at". Between Bongo's and Paradiso 37 the latter seems to have moderately less terrible reviews, so I changed my ADR to that initially.

But after reading a few replies on here mentioning it, I started looking at Raglan Road, which I'd initially discounted as I figured who wants to eat in an Irish Pub while on Disney. Looking at the reviews I ended up finalising on it, as it sounds awesome. Just goes to show I guess :)

Raglan Road is a great choice. And the others I mentioned Homecoming and Splitsville, and Frontera Cocina are not fine dining and they are not signatures. Very relaxed and also great for kiddos. But RR you can't go wrong with it. Enjoy the show and your meal!!! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

I agree.
My bad review if Bongos was based on poor service, but more importantly it's the only meal in my life that has made me physically ill. (A few hours after dinner it woke me up and I had to run to the bathroom to be sick...)

We got better and cheaper Cuban food at a place a mile away on Palm Parkway...

-Rob
I've given Bongos two chances and both times I had bad service that completely ruined the meal for me. It takes a lot for me to thoroughly say I had a bad experience somewhere but no doubt I wouldn't go back there. Not even for drinks.

I would recommend quick service in DS over Bongos & Paradiso 37 at this point!

Upvote 0

LeighM

Just make sure you request the dining area with the stage for the best experience. The restaurant has areas and I'm sure that might affect some of the reviews. For example, we sat at the table directly in front of the stage. It was loud and hot that close to the dancing and lights but couldn't beat the experience.

The man to the left in the red shirt didn't realize anyone would be dancing behind him. When this guy started dancing, the man in red acted like he was shot. Then he turned his chair around so he could see better and not be surprised again LOL
2016-10-05 16.31.05.jpg

This was the view from our table. It's where the musicians and dancers perform throughout the evening.
20161005_160703.jpg

And here are the pictures of our food and the view of the bar from our seats. We were seated right at 5PM so the restaurant was mostly empty when the first show began.

DSCN1205.JPG

Fish and chips
2016-10-05 16.28.27.jpg

Chicken and mushroom pot pie with side salad. Sorry for the messy picture :)
2016-10-05 16.28.33.jpg

Their famous bread and butter pudding
2016-10-05 17.09.49.jpg

Not the dessert I ordered but found out later this was the pavlova I believe. Not the best dessert.
2016-10-05 17.09.56.jpg

Upvote 0

Marc Levin

Original Poster
That looks really good, thanks for sharing!

Can you request they give you the stage dining area in advance, or can you only do this at check-in time and hope for the best?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom