No more hammocks at the Polynesian

21stamps

People forget that Seven Seas Lagoon is man made, and therefore it's entirely reasonable to expect Disney to get off their lazy arses, get creative, and do something about it. One idea: reconfigure the Poly layout so the watercraft rentals and such are closest to the TTC and the beach is closest to GF. Then redesign the lake and beaches so there's a zero visibility barrier between the two from the Poly to GF. One side is the lake, the other side is a new Typhoon Lagoon type pool. Use islands, wetlands and shallows to keep craft from getting too close on the lake side, while from the Lagoon side you'd have no idea, other than water color, that it's actually two different bodies of water. Then you can return to the wonder days of letting people lay on the beach, go into the water, and God forbid, ENJOY IT ALL!

I for one would absolutely hate to see the Poly Marina moved closer to the TTC.
I'd also hate to see a waterpark between Poly and GF.. that's such a peaceful trail and pretty beach.

They will never let people return to the water, and it isn't because Seven Seas Lagoon is man made. Man made is irrelevant to a body of water of Florida. It's part of the ecosystem now. It also means that alligators, amoebe, and whatever else will be in said body of water.
It's just part of being in Florida. Disney can't stop it.

CRO-Magnum

I for one would absolutely hate to see the Poly Marina moved closer to the TTC.
I'd also hate to see a waterpark between Poly and GF.. that's such a peaceful trail and pretty beach.

They will never let people return to the water, and it isn't because Seven Seas Lagoon is man made. Man made is irrelevant to a body of water of Florida. It's part of the ecosystem now. It also means that alligators, amoebe, and whatever else will be in said body of water.
It's just part of being in Florida. Disney can't stop it.

Did you ever get to experience the Polynesian Resort when its beach was usable and you could swim? How about the Grand Floridian? A "Polynesian" or "Floridian" resort without a usable beach and waterfront is just a resort. Disney can do better, and they should.

The Empress Lilly

People forget that Seven Seas Lagoon is man made, and therefore it's entirely reasonable to expect Disney to get off their lazy arses, get creative, and do something about it. One idea: reconfigure the Poly layout so the watercraft rentals and such are closest to the TTC and the beach is closest to GF. Then redesign the lake and beaches so there's a zero visibility barrier between the two from the Poly to GF. One side is the lake, the other side is a new Typhoon Lagoon type pool. Use islands, wetlands and shallows to keep craft from getting too close on the lake side, while from the Lagoon side you'd have no idea, other than water color, that it's actually two different bodies of water. Then you can return to the wonder days of letting people lay on the beach, go into the water, and God forbid, ENJOY IT ALL!
You for WDW president!

21stamps

Did you ever get to experience the Polynesian Resort when its beach was usable and you could swim? How about the Grand Floridian? A "Polynesian" or "Floridian" resort without a usable beach and waterfront is just a resort. Disney can do better, and they should.
I did, yes. Not the Grand Floridian, but Poly as a child, annually.

I have said several times that I have issues with the fences, but I understand why it had to be done. I blame society, not Disney on that one. I do want the chairs and hammocks back.

I'm ok without swimming in a lake. One of my favorite vacation spots is on the beachfront of a part of the ocean that isn't for swimming.. surfing ok, but not swimable. There are also plenty of places in this country where you can stay in front of a body of water, but you can't swim in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom