Pre-Trip 4 Princes and a Princess--May/June '17

Hello!

I'm going to give this pretrip reporting a try because I love reading everyone else's and I'm just too darn excited! Since this is my first, introductions are in order:

Left to right- DH, T(6-1/2...that half is very important!), Shark(4-1/2), and me
This is a pic from Spring Break 2016

And joining us for the first time this year K(2-1/2). We will be celebrating his 3rd Birthday during our trip. He will technically still be 2 thus free and the reason we have taken all of the boys for their first trip at that age.

Trip details:

When- Sunday May 28- Monday June5th

Where- May 28- June 3rd Poly

This will be our first stay at a deluxe resort. Previous stays at AoA family suite x2 and CBR last spring. Thanks to renting DVC points, we will be in a studio and will be requesting the Tokelau long house. Being on the monorail, theming and pool were the main reason for this choice. The ease of coming back to the resort if rest is needed is key. In the past I have booked every second and by the last two days the littles are just over stimulated and over it. No fun for anyone. So I'm TRYING to not go crazy with the planning.

June 3-5th YC garden view
This was an add on as the discount rates came out and I thought I got a great deal. Also, BC and YC are my dream resorts I've always wanted to stay at and we are huge fans of Epcot. Reading some of the other trip reports inspired me to do a split stay...thought never occurred to me before!

Plans: 6-day base tickets, DDP

Saturday May 27-
Start 16 hr drive from Indiana

Sunday May 28-

Arrive at Poly late afternoon
Pool time/check-in
O'Hana 5:35pm

Monday May 29-
MK
CP 8:10am
Nap
Captain Corks
Pirate pal fireworks cruise @ Contemporary

Tuesday May 30-
Epcot
Les Boulangerie for lunch
Nap
Beirgarten 5:35pm (may surprise some but this is our favorite:) )

Wednesday May 31-
Sleep in
Pool day
*holding breath for AK ROL dinner pkg and pandora opening
Kona 5:30pm

Thursday June 1-
HS
Mama Melrose fantasmic pkg 11:30am
Nap
Captain cork
Fantasmic

Friday June 2-
MK
Nap/pool
BoG 5:30pm (I am most excited for this one!)

Saturday June 3-
Check-out Poly
Chef Mickey's 11:30 am
Check-in YC
Storm along bay!!
Yatchmen steak house 5:45pm - did not realize how popular Captains grille and beaches and cream are. Couldn't get an ADR... a little hesitant to take boys to a signature.

Sunday June 4-
Epcot
Via Napoli 5:30pm

Monday June 5-
Check-out and drive home:(

*All subject to change! Planning is half the fun!

Let the countdown begin. We had fun yesterday making a 101 day countdown with fun Disney related things to do each day. This really is a magical time!!

thrupaytonseyes

Check out Undercover Tourist for park tickets. They often run specials that give you a day free with purchase of specific number of days. When comparing prices, keep in mind that their price includes tax. Disney doesn't include tax. There are a few other reputable discount places as well.... maple leaf tickets and parksavers are 2. Sometimes you can even find bigger discounts by getting codes from various Disney fan blogs

PrincessL

Original Poster
Check out Undercover Tourist for park tickets. They often run specials that give you a day free with purchase of specific number of days. When comparing prices, keep in mind that their price includes tax. Disney doesn't include tax. There are a few other reputable discount places as well.... maple leaf tickets and parksavers are 2. Sometimes you can even find bigger discounts by getting codes from various Disney fan blogs
Thanks! I ended up getting them from park savers:) Did not know about the discount codes...doh! Next time!

PrincessL

Original Poster
After all that yesterday DH and I sat down last night and decided to cancel the last 2 nights at YC. We've decided instead...to put that money towards a couples trip for W&F in September!!!!! We will be celebrating our Anniversary a month late but it will be at DISNEY!!!!

WDWDarling

After all that yesterday DH and I sat down last night and decided to cancel the last 2 nights at YC. We've decided instead...to put that money towards a couples trip for W&F in September!!!!! We will be celebrating our Anniversary a month late but it will be at DISNEY!!!!

Two Disney trips instead of one? Umm, yes!!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
9 days out from booking FPs!!!

Pins I ordered from eBay came today...took some advice from the pin trading board and only ordered pins that they sent what was actually pictured and from someone with 100% positive feedback. I'm pretty happy with the lot and boys are super excited! Easter bunny is bringing them each a tsum tsum lanyard and mystery tsum tsum pin pack...shhh:)

IMG_3117.JPG

Pictured are a few more of our countdown. Anyone remember the Disney yearbooks?? Anyone know if they still make them?
IMG_3116.JPG

PrincessL

Original Poster
FP+ Day!!!!!! Touring plans are finalized...at least that's what I'm telling myself:oops: I was able to get everything that we wanted.

However, HS has proven to be the most difficult with show times and wanting to do Jedi training...anyone have any tips???

@21stamps I saw in your TR that you accomplished Jedi training...did you get there right at rope drops and what was your wait time to sign up and did you have many options?

MySmallWorldof4

FP+ Day!!!!!! Touring plans are finalized...at least that's what I'm telling myself:oops: I was able to get everything that we wanted.

However, HS has proven to be the most difficult with show times and wanting to do Jedi training...anyone have any tips???

@21stamps I saw in your TR that you accomplished Jedi training...did you get there right at rope drops and what was your wait time to sign up and did you have many options?
Hurray on your FP's. Great day for sure! :)I think you need to be at rope drop for Jedi training.

crbrown25

My 9 and 4 year-olds did Jedi Training on Monday, Mar 27. The park opening was 9am that day. We arrived and got in line around 8:10 and were about 10 people back from the front of the line. They started letting people in around 8:35, and we walked directly to sign ups at the Indiana Jones Outpost. We were done sign-up at right around 9am. (which allowed us to go jump on Star Tours twice with no wait!) There were still several morning shows available, but we chose one after lunch to fit with our FP+ schedule. You'll return to Indiana Jones Outpost to check in 30 minutes before your scheduled show. They'll have the kids sit on blue dots in 2 lines outside of the Outpost. Based on what i'd read previously in posts here, i had my kids sit in the line further away from the Outpost, and closer to the rope in the check in area. This resulted in them getting onto the upper stage for the training and fighting Darth Vader. The line closer to the Outpost went to the lower stage and fought Seventh Sister. After those 2 were defeated, Kylo Ren came out for a battle. Both kids loved it. I hope you have a great time!

PrincessL

Original Poster
My 9 and 4 year-olds did Jedi Training on Monday, Mar 27. The park opening was 9am that day. We arrived and got in line around 8:10 and were about 10 people back from the front of the line. They started letting people in around 8:35, and we walked directly to sign ups at the Indiana Jones Outpost. We were done sign-up at right around 9am. (which allowed us to go jump on Star Tours twice with no wait!) There were still several morning shows available, but we chose one after lunch to fit with our FP+ schedule. You'll return to Indiana Jones Outpost to check in 30 minutes before your scheduled show. They'll have the kids sit on blue dots in 2 lines outside of the Outpost. Based on what i'd read previously in posts here, i had my kids sit in the line further away from the Outpost, and closer to the rope in the check in area. This resulted in them getting onto the upper stage for the training and fighting Darth Vader. The line closer to the Outpost went to the lower stage and fought Seventh Sister. After those 2 were defeated, Kylo Ren came out for a battle. Both kids loved it. I hope you have a great time!

This is so helpful! I did not know that they would let you in that early or about the lines at check-in. My guys would def prefer Darth Vader. Thank you! I hope you and your family had a wonderful trip!!

PrincessL

Original Poster
[COUNTDOWN=][/COUNTDOWN]
IMG_3270.JPG

Yay and yikes...only 32 day left and that means only 32 days left to get everyone ready:eek: Plus, all the end and of year school stuff going on. T is our oldest so our first to be in elementary school and who knew the end of the school year could be this hectic! God Bless amazing teachers!!!

These also came in the mail from Etsy. Still waiting on our family tsum tsum shirts and a Beaty and the Beast on for me:)
IMG_3268.JPG

Plans are finalized so really focusing on getting packed.

We've never been in the summer before... anyone have any brilliant ideas of thing to pack to combat the heat?!? Going to order some fan misters or frog clothes I think they are called. Or do I need both??

This morning our countdown stick was to look up Disney jokes. The one that got the most laughs in our house was...

How do you catch Chip n' Dale? (I don't know how to do the spoiler link so scroll down for the answer:p)

You climb a tree and act like a nut:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom