Matterhorn Renov/Refurb

007mickey

Original Poster
WDW vet but we have our 2nd DL trip planned for early June and wanted to know what the current refurb at the Matterhorn was all about? I've seen several sites denoting its closing early Feb, with some not giving a re-opening date and others stating sometime in late April. I thought it was refurbed not too long ago? Just curious, thanks.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Was there last week and it was still closed. Whatever they are doing they are doing it quitely as we walked past several times and never heard and noise.

180º

Matterhorn goes down for lengthy refuges every year for routine maintenance. This year they're adding Fastpass, so I suspect some slight reworking of the queue.

TP2000

They have two lines I guess it's not as easy as making one FP and one SB.

They give out more than 50% of their capacity in Fastpass tickets, so it's not that easy.

@007mickey Matterhorn closes for refurbishment fairly regularly every year or two, as do most Disneyland E Tickets. (Disneyland/DCA have a very different refurbishment schedule than WDW, which runs their rides into the ground and can often go a decade or more between refurbishments, even for E Tickets). For instance, there are currently nine (9) attractions closed for refurbishment at the Disneyland Resort's two parks, four of which are major E Tickets (Matterhorn, Pirates, Grizzly River, Tower of Terror). As a comparison, there is currently only one (1) attraction closed for refurbishment in all four of the WDW parks combined, and it's the Hall of Presidents to add President Trump. Had it not been the winter after a new president was elected, that HoP closure wouldn't have happened and there'd be zero refurbishments at WDW this winter.

According to another website, Matterhorn Bobsleds is scheduled to reopen on April 28th, 2017. With Fastpass. :rolleyes:

007mickey

Original Poster
They give out more than 50% of their capacity in Fastpass tickets, so it's not that easy.

@007mickey Matterhorn closes for refurbishment fairly regularly every year or two, as do most Disneyland E Tickets. (Disneyland/DCA have a very different refurbishment schedule than WDW, which runs their rides into the ground and can often go a decade or more between refurbishments, even for E Tickets). For instance, there are currently nine (9) attractions closed for refurbishment at the Disneyland Resort's two parks, four of which are major E Tickets (Matterhorn, Pirates, Grizzly River, Tower of Terror). As a comparison, there is currently only one (1) attraction closed for refurbishment in all four of the WDW parks combined, and it's the Hall of Presidents to add President Trump. Had it not been the winter after a new president was elected, that HoP closure wouldn't have happened and there'd be zero refurbishments at WDW this winter.

According to another website, Matterhorn Bobsleds is scheduled to reopen on April 28th, 2017. With Fastpass. :rolleyes:

I just hadn't heard or read anything about the closure and with it being a possible 3 months of down time, I assumed it might be more than just regular maintenance. To add to your above statement, the lack of routine maintenance is one of the main complaints I have with WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom