Pre-Trip 4 Princes and a Princess--May/June '17

Hello!

I'm going to give this pretrip reporting a try because I love reading everyone else's and I'm just too darn excited! Since this is my first, introductions are in order:

Left to right- DH, T(6-1/2...that half is very important!), Shark(4-1/2), and me
This is a pic from Spring Break 2016

And joining us for the first time this year K(2-1/2). We will be celebrating his 3rd Birthday during our trip. He will technically still be 2 thus free and the reason we have taken all of the boys for their first trip at that age.

Trip details:

When- Sunday May 28- Monday June5th

Where- May 28- June 3rd Poly

This will be our first stay at a deluxe resort. Previous stays at AoA family suite x2 and CBR last spring. Thanks to renting DVC points, we will be in a studio and will be requesting the Tokelau long house. Being on the monorail, theming and pool were the main reason for this choice. The ease of coming back to the resort if rest is needed is key. In the past I have booked every second and by the last two days the littles are just over stimulated and over it. No fun for anyone. So I'm TRYING to not go crazy with the planning.

June 3-5th YC garden view
This was an add on as the discount rates came out and I thought I got a great deal. Also, BC and YC are my dream resorts I've always wanted to stay at and we are huge fans of Epcot. Reading some of the other trip reports inspired me to do a split stay...thought never occurred to me before!

Plans: 6-day base tickets, DDP

Saturday May 27-
Start 16 hr drive from Indiana

Sunday May 28-

Arrive at Poly late afternoon
Pool time/check-in
O'Hana 5:35pm

Monday May 29-
MK
CP 8:10am
Nap
Captain Corks
Pirate pal fireworks cruise @ Contemporary

Tuesday May 30-
Epcot
Les Boulangerie for lunch
Nap
Beirgarten 5:35pm (may surprise some but this is our favorite:) )

Wednesday May 31-
Sleep in
Pool day
*holding breath for AK ROL dinner pkg and pandora opening
Kona 5:30pm

Thursday June 1-
HS
Mama Melrose fantasmic pkg 11:30am
Nap
Captain cork
Fantasmic

Friday June 2-
MK
Nap/pool
BoG 5:30pm (I am most excited for this one!)

Saturday June 3-
Check-out Poly
Chef Mickey's 11:30 am
Check-in YC
Storm along bay!!
Yatchmen steak house 5:45pm - did not realize how popular Captains grille and beaches and cream are. Couldn't get an ADR... a little hesitant to take boys to a signature.

Sunday June 4-
Epcot
Via Napoli 5:30pm

Monday June 5-
Check-out and drive home:(

*All subject to change! Planning is half the fun!

Let the countdown begin. We had fun yesterday making a 101 day countdown with fun Disney related things to do each day. This really is a magical time!!

lostpro9het

Your poll needs more options. IMO, the kids probably wont care for it much becasue the theming is not exactly little kid enjoyable. Sure they will get a paper menu they can color on but the restaurant wont be very appealing to them. They also wouldn't be the only kids there but that does not, IMO, make it any more kid friendly. IMO, Id probably keep trying B&C.

PrincessL

Original Poster
Your poll needs more options. IMO, the kids probably wont care for it much becasue the theming is not exactly little kid enjoyable. Sure they will get a paper menu they can color on but the restaurant wont be very appealing to them. They also wouldn't be the only kids there but that does not, IMO, make it any more kid friendly. IMO, Id probably keep trying B&C.
Thanks for the input! I keep looking daily lol!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Agree with @lostpro9het, Beaches and Cream would be a much better choice for kids. I am surprised Captain's Grill is not available, as that restaurant is huge and always has open tables whenever we have been there. Have you tried for an ADR at Cape May (Beach Club)? It is a buffet with lots of choices (even for non seafood eaters, which we are) and IMO more fun for kids than Yachtsman.

PrincessL

Original Poster
Agree with @lostpro9het, Beaches and Cream would be a much better choice for kids. I am surprised Captain's Grill is not available, as that restaurant is huge and always has open tables whenever we have been there. Have you tried for an ADR at Cape May (Beach Club)? It is a buffet with lots of choices (even for non seafood eaters, which we are) and IMO more fun for kids than Yachtsman.
Hmm...so I was looking and there is zero availability for the month of July at Captains Grille either. I called and she said the hrs were released but not taking reservations yet. Said to check back the beginning of Feb. Thanks for your input:)

PrincessL

Original Poster
Just scored a ROL dinning pkg at Tusker house for June 1st @ 6:05pm. So excited!!!

Anyone else planning on AK around this time? If so what's your touring plans looking like? Should we even attempt pandora since it opens on May 27th or do you think it's just going to be rediculously packed? Thoughts appreciated!

Up Next: Today the boys have a snow day so we will be making a Disney wreath countdown. Thank you Pinterest for this idea. I'll post pic if it turns out;)

PrincessL

Original Poster
Have you thought about Trail's End at Fort Wilderness? It is just a boat ride away from The Poly and the most reasonably priced buffet on property. The Hoop-Dee-Do Revue is a blast. My kids loved it.
So you can take a boat directly from Poly to Fort Wilderness? Or from TTC?

PrincessL

Original Poster
IMG_2912.JPG
I've started the Mickey ribbon countdown wreath but ran out of shear ribbon to wrap the foam wreath for step1:banghead: Off to Michael's for the third time!
IMG_2949.JPG

We have also begun our 101 day Disney countdown. The boys are having a blast with this and wake up each morning deciding who gets to draw the stick for the day.

So far we have:
-had a Moana dance party
-watched Fantasmic on utube
-done a 500 piece Disney puzzle (Beauty and the Beast)
-made a list of the top 5 things to accomplish at AK
-watch Sharks favorite Disney movie. He chose to pick one we hadn't seen yet from the library, Brave. It was a little to scary for them...I think it was the suspense that they didn't like.
- today they got to put on Cars tattoos which they thought was the coolest thing ever!

IMG_2960.JPG

So, we have had almost a weeks worth of fun for a whopping :greedy: $1.25 for the tattoos.

PrincessL

Original Poster
I think I've finally finalized our ADRs... no more opening show on the train at MK through a wrench in our first day. I was up at 6 am at our 180 day mark to make sure we got the 8am CP ADR (maybe it wasn't necessary to be up at 6 am for the one but I wanted to make sure)! The appeal was to get that castle picture with minimal people in the background and get a jump on getting to the rides. Now with the changes they've made, I switched to BoG breakfast and CP for lunch. Since BoG is a QS we will be able to get out of there hopefully before park opens and already in fantasy land. The first hour MK is open we like to get in as many rides in Fantasyland with minimal wait.

We switched Beirgarten to Garden Grille due to the fabulous reviews I've read on here. DH and I love Beirgarten but the boys will enjoy that more I think.

I was also able to grab an ADR for the new Bon Voyage Adventure breakfast at Tratorria al Forno before we check into YC. I don't feel that this change was very popular on here but I'm looking forward to having a character meal with princesses and a princes...I think this will be the only one to have multiple princes?!? We are huge Flynn Ryder fans in this house and they serve pastries out of frying pans! It's going to be great!!

More 101 day Disney countdown fun:

-watch Mama's favorite Disney movie... Beauty and the Beast
-list top 5 characters to meet(all of them besides Moana and Star Wars will be at Character meals:))
-play Disney eye found it
-decorate notebooks with Disney stickers for the car ride
-watch Disneyland sing-a-long DVD
-color Disney pictures
-order matching family t-shirts off etsy. We went with the embroiders characters in the shape of Mickey....what are some of your favorites???
-watch Dada's favorite Disney movie...Aladdin
-take our own Character pictures. Boys had so much fun doing this!
IMG_2981.JPG

K didnt really get the concept at first...lol!

And finally today's Disney fun item is to buy Moana!!!!! Anyone else love this movie as much as I do?!? The soundtrack has been on in our car for months now. I'm ready to see the movie again!!!

22 days out for our FP+ window. I may be posting some more questions about ride configurations as the logistics have changed for us with our first time going as a family of five!

Attachments

• IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 63

PrincessL

Original Poster
Anyone have experience with split stays??? Since we rented points for the first part of our stay, I bundled the park tickets with a MWY pkg for our last two nights. My question is will my FP+ window still open going by the first night of our stay?

WDWDarling

Anyone have experience with split stays??? Since we rented points for the first part of our stay, I bundled the park tickets with a MWY pkg for our last two nights. My question is will my FP+ window still open going by the first night of our stay?

I ran into this same issue at one point and spoke with a cast member about it. Unfortunately it's a little sticky.

From what I understand (and I could be wrong so anyone feel free to correct me), if you book your tickets as part of a MYW package, those tickets are not considered activated until you check-in (either online or in person) to the hotel that is associated with your package and My Disney Experience counts that day as your 60 Day start mark.

You can activate the tickets before that point for the days you're renting points but it has to be done at Disney Guest Services (windows in front of the parks and possibly Disney Springs?) but you will not be able to make FP+ reservations for days before your package check-in date. What really stinks about them being associated with your package is that you can't even make them at the 30 day off-site mark for those first few days either- they would have to be made after you scan yourself into the park you're going to that day.

The cast member told me that the best way to approach split stays is to book a room only reservation and your tickets separately so that MDE does not tie the dates together however it will still recognize the 60 window for that first stay as long as it's a Disney hotel and the confirmation number is attached to your MDE account.

The downside to that is that you can't convert a MYW package to something else, you have to completely cancel your current package (and wait for your money to be refunded) and rebook the room only and tickets separately.

That wasn't an option for me at the time as there were no more standard rooms available at the resort I picked so I had to shuffle my days around and go without FP+ made in advance for two days (you can make them on MDE once you're in the park). It worked out but I wish I would've known all that sooner and not been blindsided. I just thought a MYW package would be easier.

Again, that was just my experience and I welcome anyone to correct me if something was not stated accurately or if things have changed.

I would recommend giving Disney a call so they can look everything you have booked and let you know for sure. If nothing else, to give you peace of mind.

Sorry for the long post but hope it helps some!

Last edited:

PrincessL

Original Poster
I ran into this same issue at one point and spoke with a cast member about it. Unfortunately it's a little sticky.

From what I understand (and I could be wrong so anyone feel free to correct me), if you book your tickets as part of a MYW package, those tickets are not considered activated until you check-in (either online or in person) to the hotel that is associated with your package and My Disney Experience counts that day as your 60 Day start mark.

You can activate the tickets before that point for the days you're renting points but it has to be done at Disney Guest Services (windows in front of the parks and possibly Disney Springs?) but you will not be able to make FP+ reservations for days before your package check-in date. What really stinks about them being associated with your package is that you can't even make them at the 30 day off-site mark for those first few days either- they would have to be made after you scan yourself into the park you're going to that day.

The cast member told me that the best way to approach split stays is to book a room only reservation and your tickets separately so that MDE does not tie the dates together however it will still recognize the 60 window for that first stay as long as it's a Disney hotel and the confirmation number is attached to your MDE account.

The downside to that is that you can't convert a MYW package to something else, you have to completely cancel your current package (and wait for your money to be refunded) and rebook the room only and tickets separately.

That wasn't an option for me at the time as there were no more standard rooms available at the resort I picked so I had to shuffle my days around and go without FP+ for two days. It worked out but I wish I would've known all that sooner.

Again, that was just my experience and I welcome anyone to correct me if something was not stated accurately or if things have changed.

I would recommend giving Disney a call so they can look everything you have booked and let you know for sure. If nothing else, to give you peace of mind.

Sorry for the long post but hope it helps some!
Ahhh I wish I had thought of this sooner...going 5 days with out FP is not an option! Because we are renting points and can't bundle the tickets with our DVC stay I justified adding the YC for two nights because it gave us the 5th park day "free" with the MWY pkg. I'm going to call and see what the say... but what you are saying makes sense:banghead::eek:

WDWDarling

Ahhh I wish I had thought of this sooner...going 5 days with out FP is not an option! Because we are renting points and can't bundle the tickets with our DVC stay I justified adding the YC for two nights because it gave us the 5th park day "free" with the MWY pkg. I'm going to call and see what the say... but what you are saying makes sense:banghead::eek:

Yes, we did the exact same thing! I thought booking the package would just be easier and that fifth day free felt like a no-brainer. I was completely blindsided about and it and really couldn't find too much info on it.

I hope everything works out!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Yes, we did the exact same thing! I thought booking the package would just be easier and that fifth day free felt like a no-brainer. I was completely blindsided about and it and really couldn't find too much info on it.

I hope everything works out!
So...I feel like you know more than the CM that I spoke to!! Took about 45 min for her to confirm what you said and for her to figure out that she couldn't simply remove the tickets from the MWY pkg which I had already told her...after I was telling her I could just do it myself on MDE. Little annoyed :mad: but there was still YC room only summer rate availability so I did as you suggested and booked it all seperately. Crisis averted I think...lol:hilarious: Thanks for your help!!

WDWDarling

So...I feel like you know more than the CM that I spoke to!! Took about 45 min for her to confirm what you said and for her to figure out that she couldn't simply remove the tickets from the MWY pkg which I had already told her...after I was telling her I could just do it myself on MDE. Little annoyed :mad: but there was still YC room only summer rate availability so I did as you suggested and booked it all seperately. Crisis averted I think...lol:hilarious: Thanks for your help!!

It's definitely a tricky situation and I honestly think I just got a gem of a cast member - she was really helpful! I made sure to fill out a survey for her :).

I'm glad it all worked out in the end! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here :D.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom