Closest Publix or Other Grocery Store to Disney Property?

DisneyPrincess5

Hi all!

We usually go to Publix upon our arrival at The World but were open to going to another grocery store. What is the closest Publix location to Disney property or equivalent other grocery option? We get a 24 pack of water, snacks, and hand soap so maybe even a Walmart would fit our needs.

I wasn't sure where to post this by the way so sorry if its incorrect.

Thanks!

mouse_luv

If you go off property past Animal Kingdom Lodge out to 536 and then to I-4 theres a Publix and a Super Target. I think you also pass a Super Walmart. We went to the Super Target last time and was able to get all the groceries, etc we needed. :)

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

If you are near the Downtown Disney area then instead of going to the supermarket opposite at The Crossroads shopping center in Lake Buena Vista, not even a 1 min drive down S Apopka Vineland Rd (turn left at the crossroads when exiting Disney) there is a Winn Dixie. For the things you listed it's definitely cheaper there than the supermarket at The Crossroads!

Upvote 0

luv

If you're at the WL, it doesn't make much difference. I agree with this:
If you are near the Downtown Disney area then instead of going to the supermarket opposite at The Crossroads shopping center in Lake Buena Vista, not even a 1 min drive down S Apopka Vineland Rd (turn left at the crossroads when exiting Disney) there is a Winn Dixie. For the things you listed it's definitely cheaper there than the supermarket at The Crossroads!
Just follow the signs to DTD, pass that up and continue down that road. When it curves to the right, it will take you down Hotel Plaza Blvd, which is curvy and has a bunch of hotels. When you get to the end of it, you'll want to turn left at the light. There is a Mickey sign there...you'll know you're leaving WDW property. :)

About a mile or two down the road, on the right, you'll find the grocery store. Although it would take me more than a minute, it isn't a ridiculously long drive. So if you're thinking, "It's been four minutes - we must have missed it!", don't worry. It's a decent one - well stocked with decent prices and not horribly crowded by tourists. If you want to stop at the counter, you can get one of their little discount cards. They offer them to out-of-town peeps. If you want. :)

Gooding's is closer, but is not always well stocked. I skipped too dings for that reason and not because I wasn't willing to pay their ridiculous prices. There is no point to going to a grocery store that is sometimes out of stuff, IMO. But if you want to go there, instead of turning left at that light, go straight. You'll quickly see it there, on the left.

Wal-Mart is probably as close, in the other direction...but it's horrid. I'm not one of those people who have a political issue with Wal-Mart, either. It's just a horrid one. Crowded, dirty, long lines. Yuck. The Winn Dixie is so much nicer and I don't think it'll take any longer to reach.

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

I would go to target or Walmart for groceries. There's a grocery store in downtown Disney area and omg, when we went there their shelves were perfectly stocked and when we looked at their prices, they were twice as high compared to what we paid at home. Price gouging lol. Walmart and target are in my opinion the best bet for cheap prices. Or go to a grocery store a couple miles away from Disney , where the prices may be more normalized.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

It doesn't sound like it, but are any of these places within walking distance? For instance, this one mentioned in walking distance to DTD?

Upvote 0

luv

It doesn't sound like it, but are any of these places within walking distance? For instance, this one mentioned in walking distance to DTD?
Depends on how far you want to walk!

If you're staying on Hotel Plaza Blvd, you could walk to Gooding's with no problem. Otherwise, most people would not consider any of it "walking distance."

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

I've stayed on Hotel Plaza Blvd before and whilst it was quicker to walk to The Crossroads (10 mins?) we did walk to Winn Dixie more than once (we had no car). It's just a straight walk down one road once you've left Disney and there are paths on both sides and crossings (you will have to cross the road). I would say it's about a 25 minute walk depending on how fast a walker you are! So it is possible.. but if you are not on Hotel Plaza Blvd it will be a longer walk.

Upvote 0

drwadadli

I hate to restart an old post but the subject matter is what I am asking about.

I read somewhere that there was a Publix on World Drive as you get between CR and MK and continue just behind Space Mountain. Is this true?????

Upvote 0

Rob562

I read somewhere that there was a Publix on World Drive as you get between CR and MK and continue just behind Space Mountain. Is this true?????

Google Maps has one where Reams Road meets SR-535, about a 4-mile drive from the Contemporary, behind the MK, out Center Drive and then a right on Reams.

If you're on the northern end of property, that's probably your closest option. When we're on the eastern end in POR or Saratoga we go with the Winn-Dixie on SR-435.

-Rob

Upvote 0

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

There is no Publix on World Drive. There is one on 192, and another by Orlando Premium Outlets.

Upvote 0

Rob562

There is no Publix on World Drive. There is one on 192, and another by Orlando Premium Outlets.

*On* World Drive, no.
*North* of property that requires exiting out via World Drive and Center Drive, yes. (See my post above) It's closer to the MK resorts than other Publix locations.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom