No fanfare for the 50th anniversary of Pirates

Disney Analyst

???

People create expectations in their head. When these expectations aren't met, they tend to get upset, and yes, opinions form. That's another thing that ain't nothin' new.

Roll your eyes and walk away then. If you're interested in partaking in these festivities, go up to the park and enjoy your time. Don't worry about what those who aren't as interested do what their time. Personally, I never complained about the content itself, just its short length of stay. Heaven forbid I want it to last longer.

I guess my point is, originally when this post started it was about how nothing was happening to commemorate the 50th... now they've announced all this stuff for 4 days, and people are still complaining. It just confuses me. We went from people expecting nothing, to people expecting more then they got.

Earl Sweatpants

DSC_3721 copy.jpg

Practical Pig

Well from the complaints it sure sounds like they were... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't know about that. I've read the same thread with the same comments, and haven't seen anything that I think supports the level of hyperbole you launched into orbit. Proportional reactions are a good thing.

Having said that, I guess I may as well weigh in. It seems to me that POTC is historically Disney's signature attraction, and worthy of a little celebratory attention, which is what they are giving it. People are going to form opinions about what form that takes, and express them on a message board that exists for that purpose of discussing and expressing those opinions about DLR.

Your milage varies.

mickEblu

Personally, I think the festivities sound.... ok. I'm most disapointed in the fact that there doesn't seem to be any cool merch associated with this anniversary. For the parks 50th, when I was 24 years old and Disney wasn't really on my radar, I understand they sold replicas of the talking skull. I was hoping for some unique offerings like that.

Curious Constance

Personally, I think the festivities sound.... ok. I'm most disapointed in the fact that there doesn't seem to be any cool merch associated with this anniversary. For the parks 50th, when I was 24 years old and Disney wasn't really on my radar, I understand they sold replicas of the talking skull. I was hoping for some unique offerings like that.

Your wife had something to do with the lack of cool merch. She said you spend too much as it is. :D

Practical Pig

I knew you'd be all about the merch. ;) You may still get some satisfaction. In Phruby's post #119, it's noted:

Limited-edition anniversary merchandise will also be available in New Orleans Square while supplies last. Disney promises “Collectible cards” as well.

Hopefully they'll cough up something you'll like.

mickEblu

I knew you'd be all about the merch. ;) You may still get some satisfaction. In Phruby's post #119, it's noted:

Limited-edition anniversary merchandise will also be available in New Orleans Square while supplies last. Disney promises “Collectible cards” as well.

Hopefully they'll cough up something you'll like.

Thanks! I saw that. I guess Im not expecting much as we are only days away and the only thing they actually mentioned are the cards. As if they are the highlight offering.

Californian Elitist

I guess my point is, originally when this post started it was about how nothing was happening to commemorate the 50th... now they've announced all this stuff for 4 days, and people are still complaining. It just confuses me. We went from people expecting nothing, to people expecting more then they got.

Things will always be that way, and not just with Disneyland. I don't think anyone was expecting absolute zilch. That's why this thread was created, we were wondering where the announcements were.

Pirates is arguably Disneyland's most iconic attraction and a fan-favorite. In my opinion, it deserves something that should last longer than four days. Coincidentally, I had already made plans to go up to the parks this Sunday, so I'll be able to catch it, but it would have been nice to get more time.

Disney Analyst

Things will always be that way, and not just with Disneyland. I don't think anyone was expecting absolute zilch. That's why this thread was created, we were wondering where the announcements were.

Pirates is arguably Disneyland's most iconic attraction and a fan-favorite. In my opinion, it deserves something that should last longer than four days. Coincidentally, I had already made plans to go up to the parks this Sunday, so I'll be able to catch it, but it would have been nice to get more time.

Well I expect a full report on how it all is, it is one of my favourite attractions after all :)

mickEblu

Exactly. The only day I can go this week is Sunday and by then, any limited merch, whatever that is as they have been extremely vague, will probably be gone.

Californian Elitist

Exactly. The only day I can go this week is Sunday and by then, any limited merch, whatever that is as they have been extremely vague, will probably be gone.

Right. We can probably kiss our chances of getting any limited merchandise goodbye. The mega fans will be on the prowl, while I'll be working on Thursday and Friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom