No fanfare for the 50th anniversary of Pirates

mickEblu

Kind of annoyed the celebration will only last a few days. This should go one for at least two weeks.

Kind of sad. The original POTC Is legendary and it's 50th should have been bigger than this. This probably has to do with the fact that it came at a time where unprecedented change is happening at the park. Well, maybe aside from building DCA 1.0. Still though, it feels like they should have been able to carve out some time for something a bit more deserving.

So the merch consist of collectible cards? It's the only thing that has been called out specifically as if it's the highlight.

Yawn.

Disney Analyst

"Oh gosh, an attraction birthday only lasts 4 days... I wanted a year long pirate extravaganza with themed fireworks and a parade. HOW DARE Disney even try to push this event as something special and exciting for the anniversary if it isn't exactly what I would have done?!"

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Has Disney ever celebrate an attraction milestone in any really significant way? This is the first one that stands out to me, and they are certainly doing a lot more than I expected, including a refurbishment right before....

Disney Analyst

Guys, it's okay. I'm throwing the biggest birthday bash you could ever dream of for Pirates of the Caribbean, and you're all invited.

Will it last a full year and involve a full pirate overlay on the facade of your house, plus special fireworks, and a pirate parade? If not, I will still go, but I refuse to have any fun!

Californian Elitist

"Oh gosh, an attraction birthday only lasts 4 days... I wanted a year long pirate extravaganza with themed fireworks and a parade. HOW DARE Disney even try to push this event as something special and exciting for the anniversary if it isn't exactly what I would have done?!"

Your over-exaggeration is a bit much. I'm pretty sure NO ONE was expecting something huge.

Californian Elitist

Well from the complaints it sure sounds like they were... :rolleyes:

Disneyland's new slogan should be: "Damned if we do, damned if we don't"

Some of us think Disney could have done better. That's fine. Others are completely happy with what's being offered. That's fine as well.

Everyone is not going to agree. That ain't nothin' new.

Disney Analyst

Some of us think Disney could have done better. That's fine. Others are completely happy with what's being offered. That's fine as well.

Everyone is not going to agree. That ain't nothin' new.

I mean, obviously everyone has a right to an opinion, that's not a question.

But the opinions in question will be taken a lot less seriously when it sounds like you are basing an opinion off that fact that Disney didn't do what you (not you specifically) wanted in celebration of the anniversary.

This isn't an opinion based on experiencing the offerings and saying whether you enjoyed them or not... this is a childish, "I didn't get as much candy as I wanted to so I'm having a hissy fit" kind of opinion. The one where the parents just roll their eyes and walk away to go have a stiff drink around the corner out of sight of the child, kind of opinion.

dweezil78

I'm guessing the proximity to all the 60th celebrating probably played a role in having less fanfare around the 50th for PotC sadly... Plus, also consider that the new movie isn't coming out until late May, so it's a little early to tie-in with that as well. Bad timing. :(

Californian Elitist

I mean, obviously everyone has a right to an opinion, that's not a question.

But the opinions in question will be taken a lot less seriously when it sounds like you are basing an opinion off that fact that Disney didn't do what you (not you specifically) wanted in celebration of the anniversary.

This isn't an opinion based on experiencing the offerings and saying whether you enjoyed them or not... this is a childish, "I didn't get as much candy as I wanted to so I'm having a hissy fit" kind of opinion. The one where the parents just roll their eyes and walk away to go have a stiff drink around the corner out of sight of the child, kind of opinion.

???

People create expectations in their head. When these expectations aren't met, they tend to get upset, and yes, opinions form. That's another thing that ain't nothin' new.

Roll your eyes and walk away then. If you're interested in partaking in these festivities, go up to the park and enjoy your time. Don't worry about what those who aren't as interested do what their time. Personally, I never complained about the content itself, just its short length of stay. Heaven forbid I want it to last longer.

Phroobar

"We wants the radish! We wants the radish!!"
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom