Club 32 - Fantasia, Fantasyland Project

kap91

Realistically like a theater with four sections would probably work better - but then you're talking a really small theatre and potentially even more theaters which at some point becomes infeasible due to the costs of duplicating animatronics and effects. Unless you find a way for one animatronic to serve 4 theaters lol.

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
Realistically like a theater with four sections would probably work better - but then you're talking a really small theatre and potentially even more theaters which at some point becomes infeasible due to the costs of duplicating animatronics and effects. Unless you find a way for one animatronic to serve 4 theaters lol.

Yeah, PM me bro!

Well, it's 12:30 New England time. Bright and early tomorrow!

spacemt354

Chili's
No, I just have a lot of stuff to do, still... have three huge tests Thursday so I need to study :arghh::arghh: It's so mids, but hopefully, no school tomorrow either and the extra work pays off.

With that, I won't be on today, but I will at the latest Thursday, good work so far, everyone!
Good luck on your tests! Study for those -- this can wait till after:) We'll hold down the fort for you!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Just posting this over here.

After watching Fantasia -- this would be my pick for the park icon
the-pastoral-symphony-003.jpg

The pastoral symphony mountain. As I was saying in the other thread...maybe I'm not thinking outside the box enough, but I can't see a castle being made out of this film -- I couldn't find much to pull from. But a natural icon (like a mountain) I could definitely see! But I'm curious to hear what others think!

kap91

I don't think the idea is to pull a literal castle out of the movie. Like all magic kingdoms the goal is to create an original castle that evokes the themes and emotions of the subject.

And sorry I'm dead for discussions the remainder of today. I'm trying my hand at digital painting for my adventure land concept and possibly bit off way more than I can chew. My brain is fried for creativity lol. I think I will be venturing back to more traditional ink and wash style art for the next few things I do and then try full on digital painting in the form of small studies before attempting it again.

orlando678-

Actually I think the image you sent of the Snow White castle could partly be our concept and although we have no clear image of what a Fantasia or sorcerer's castle would look like, we can always use influences from other castles. The interior however might be easier, because we actually see parts of Yen Sid's castle in Fantasia (fountains, yellow walls, staircases), we have the Yen Sid Workshop over at Disney's California Adventure and we have some scenes in Epic Mickey 1 and 2 which take place insidr his castle too so we could take some influences from there too. I remember seeing this telescope like thing, maybe we could make this our launch canon for the hypercoaster.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
So 2 versions

1826331072688983430%253Faccount_id%253D9

One on the left is my personal pick -- because we've had pink, white, blue, and other colors but never a purple castle -- and it feels like it fits the color of Fantasia
fantasia_wwuqe5.jpg

But the one on the right is an idea i had for an ever changing color pattern on the castle. I don't know how this would be done, but if the castle is painted white/purple throughout the day, and then at night constantly changes colors (but in different areas unlike Cinderella Castle that changes completely in the same color) You could even make a whole Fantasia night show with it.

Lemme know what you think!

I'll just post this over here as well -- I probably should have posted this in here to begin with:p

@MA Screamin' and everyone what do you think of these castle designs? :bookworm:

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
@MA Screamin' good luck on your tests tomorrow! (I remember you said you had 3) Best of luck!:)

Thanks buddy! Chem and Spanish I have locked, just History will be challenging due to me slacking off for the unit, thinking it'd be easy to remember... wrong. :( Here's to doing well and keeping all A's in my future, Lord willing :)

Will be contributing once my personal work clears up this week! Great work these past couple days, everyone. This sort of effort will keep us inspired and engaged in making this a project we'll remember for a long time!

spacemt354

Chili's
Thanks buddy! Chem and Spanish I have locked, just History will be challenging due to me slacking off for the unit, thinking it'd be easy to remember... wrong. :( Here's to doing well and keeping all A's in my future, Lord willing :)

Will be contributing once my personal work clears up this week! Great work these past couple days, everyone. This sort of effort will keep us inspired and engaged in making this a project we'll remember for a long time!
You got this!

And I agree -- I'm really happy to see so many people engaged and participating in this project (and hopefully more to come!) It's a lot of fun when we work together!:)

orlando678-

I think the walkthrough should be a tour through the castle a la Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour but lighter and touring the various magical rooms of the castle (observatory, library, study, greenhouse (?)) And the ride itself could have a small dock which brings you inside the castle (maybe takes you up a lift) and then brings you to the audio animatronic and screen show which we discussed before but maybe instead have Yen Sid and Mickey welcome you to the castle in his workshop. Then Mickey and Yen Sid demonstrate a few enchantments ending with the creation of a portal in one of the walls which leads us to various Fantasia and maybe even Silly Symphonies scenes. Then we could have a transition from the firebird to the sorcerers apprentice in which mickey tries to extinguish the fire and then sends you down a drop into the waters around our hub where we find dioramas with fountains and audio animatronic scenes of the ancient greek gardens of Fantasia (perhaps Hercules too)

FigmentPigments

Honestly, I'm not sure how my name got attached to this project. :hilarious: I'm still not in love with the Fantasia aspect ;) :pand really have no idea about a ride. So far I've only really had some vague thoughts about little touches like murals and animated stain glass windows. :)

But I will say that I thought someone mentioned a walk through and I kind of like that idea. I read somewhere ( maybe in Tokyo?) That there was a mystery tour where villains cropped up and ended with a guest facing down the Horned King. What if the castle were an actual space for people to enjoy (like Red said - balconies where people could relax) this walkthrough could involve going to different rooms of the castle like the workshop, the library, the ballroom and completing the quest assigned by Yen Sid and maybe even a climactic scene of the Firebird (AA) in the basement. With Bald Mountain in the Villains land visible from the castle windows, Yen Sid guides guests on a quest to rid the castle of evil.

There can be a simulator ride with the whales, a dining location in the ballroom, and meet and greets in the guest rooms.

??????

FigmentPigments

I think the walkthrough should be a tour through the castle a la Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour but lighter and touring the various magical rooms of the castle (observatory, library, study, greenhouse (?)) And the ride itself could have a small dock which brings you inside the castle (maybe takes you up a lift) and then brings you to the audio animatronic and screen show which we discussed before but maybe instead have Yen Sid and Mickey welcome you to the castle in his workshop. Then Mickey and Yen Sid demonstrate a few enchantments ending with the creation of a portal in one of the walls which leads us to various Fantasia and maybe even Silly Symphonies scenes. Then we could have a transition from the firebird to the sorcerers apprentice in which mickey tries to extinguish the fire and then sends you down a drop into the waters around our hub where we find dioramas with fountains and audio animatronic scenes of the ancient greek gardens of Fantasia (perhaps Hercules too)
Oops, posted too late. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom