Did Disney forget to reset their IT clocks?

disney4life2008

I've been unlucky enough to have always seen those kind of wait times there.
I would have loved to experience a non crowded Disney World.

Idk. Non crowded used to be January. The last January I recall it being dead was 2009. Literally everything was walk on. Since then, January has become overridden with tour groups.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The waits today at mk was crazy. And it didn't seem that crowded. But at one point, space mountain was 134 minutes.

I think its easier for me because its just me so i am able to find a lot of last minute solo reservations. But i think 2 or more on a day trip its next to impossible.

Sure is, unfortunately. Makes you wonder if it's really worth it.

Bandini

Original Poster
Yes. I do miss the walk on to haunted mansion and even more so spaceship Earth. But the latter can sometimes see waits up to 2 hours.
I miss IASW and WWPM being a walk-ons! FP+ has inflated all the SB lines.

Although some claim that it will be used at DLR, that's not going to happen. At DLR they will charge guests who want to make same day FP reservations via their phone, but the machines will still be in the parks.

FP+ works for some people, but it becomes increasingly cumbersome if you're trying to link reservations or book rides for large parties. IMO, it's a joke when this "technological marvel" is incapable of springing forward by 1 hour.

I also think the Shanghai isn't to blame for all of the upsells at WDW. If that was the reason, why aren't there just as many at DLR? I think the upsells, F&B, and merchandise increases allow Iger to pretend that MDE was a terrific investment. After all, MDE was supposed to drive people away from the attractions and into the stores an restaurants, but this hasn't happened.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I miss IASW and WWPM being a walk-ons! FP+ has inflated all the SB lines.

Although some claim that it will be used at DLR, that's not going to happen. At DLR they will charge guests who want to make same day FP reservations via their phone, but the machines will still be in the parks.

FP+ works for some people, but it becomes increasingly cumbersome if you're trying to link reservations or book rides for large parties. IMO, it's a joke when this "technological marvel" is incapable of springing forward by 1 hour.

I also think the Shanghai isn't to blame for all of the upsells at WDW. If that was the reason, why aren't there just as many at DLR? I think the upsells, F&B, and merchandise increases allow Iger to pretend that MDE was a terrific investment. After all, MDE was supposed to drive people away from the attractions and into the stores an restaurants, but this hasn't happened.

I can't tell you how many times I've walked onto Space Mountain in years past. Haven't been able to do that in about 5 years now.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Since the Disney empire covers the entire world, it takes them a bit longer to save daylight as opposed to most others. However, I can report that they did indeed save daylight which unfortunately means that the fireworks shows at WDW will henceforth be delayed by one hour. Ditto for DL.
Just checking as some seem unable to see it
635807161109124288-167399039_was-that-sarcasm.jpg

Lets Respect

I like FP+ but it's crappy for anyone who just wants to go to the park in the morning. Nothing decent was available at the parks this morning so that along with the 100+ minute waits by 11am made the sudden desire to drive an hour down to WDW turned into desire to do something else instead. More room for everyone else though, right?

If you are an hour away, do you have an AP? Don't you get a rolling 7 days worth of Fastpasses
Why would there be nothing left. I don't see where the wait times should be such a problem

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
If you are an hour away, do you have an AP? Don't you get a rolling 7 days worth of Fastpasses
Why would there be nothing left. I don't see where the wait times should be such a problem

Yes, I have an AP, yes we are supposed to get rolling 7 days within 30. The pot however was empty and the river had run dry which is normal unless you book a couple of weeks out. I could have gotten a fast pass for The Little Mermaid, but nothing worth anyone's time.

DisneyJoe

Not on a regular basis. But you could have a wait able wait time. Now waits are typically 45 minutes or longer
When? My life loves HM, and goes on it at least twice per trip, and never waits more than 20-25 minutes (because she won't wait longer than that), we were just there in early November. I know how long it is because I wait for her.

Lets Respect

Yes, I have an AP, yes we are supposed to get rolling 7 days within 30. The pot however was empty and the river had run dry which is normal unless you book a couple of weeks out. I could have gotten a fast pass for The Little Mermaid, but nothing worth anyone's time.

So you were talking about booking that morning
We go and stay offsite and it is not that bad at 30 days minus a few rides

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
So you were talking about booking that morning
We go and stay offsite and it is not that bad at 30 days minus a few rides

Exactly. The desire for a day trip turned into a do something else trip. If I wanted to plan 30 days out, it wouldn't be so bad.

It's spring break

That doesn't make it any less of an answer to your question.

A fastpass is available later..

Great, except it's no longer the same day as the original comment.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Surprisingly, there's a ton of FP available. More than I've ever seen while there. Everything except for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, and Space Mountain.

I wouldn't call it a lot of availability, but there definitely is some today. Unfortunately it's also a work day so it's sadly irrelevant and useless to me.

21stamps

Exactly. The desire for a day trip turned into a do something else trip. If I wanted to plan 30 days out, it wouldn't be so bad.

That doesn't make it any less of an answer to your question.

Great, except it's no longer the same day as the original comment.
I wouldn't call it a lot of availability, but there definitely is some today. Unfortunately it's also a work day so it's sadly irrelevant and useless to me.

I'm confused. 10:30pm is still today. March 13th.

Multiple times for almost every ride but 3 is a lot to me. In fairness, it's probably because I haven't seen that before.

ETA- Saturday has every single ride and M&G available for multiple times.. except for 7DMT.
Peter Pan and Space Mountain have plenty of availability.
Looks like this is a good week to be at Disney World!

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm confused. 10:30pm is still today. March 13th.

Multiple times for almost every ride but 3 is a lot to me. In fairness, it's probably because I haven't seen that before.

I didn't post the comment today:
Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 5.10.55 PM.png

Multiple FP+ times available doesn't mean that there are 1000 instances of each time. It could be a single slot. So you could be looking at a total of 10 or 20 available FP+ times for the whole park. It could be more too, but they obscure it so you can not tell unless it becomes unavailable as a selection.

21stamps

I didn't post the comment today:
View attachment 193709
Multiple FP+ times available doesn't mean that there are 1000 instances of each time. It could be a single slot. So you could be looking at a total of 10 or 20 available FP+ times for the whole park. It could be more too, but they obscure it so you can not tell unless it becomes unavailable as a selection.

I was responding to the wait time you posted of "right now".

HM is literally showing as a 75 minute wait right now.

xhXOXLAl.png

Sorry for the confusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom