Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

Nland316

Original Poster
Did you see Season of Light?
Thank you, actually forgot to mention this. SoL really did surprise me, in that it did break the traditional Davison barrier. By no means is it a perfect show, but it is a great direction to head in. and I personally really liked it.

Disney Analyst

If you think Davison has any real power in terms of content you are delusional. He pitches ideas from his teams brain and his own and it gets turned into whatever corporate wants... Hence the mess that was Winter Dreams. Season of Light was a true look at what they can do with less restrictions. Festival of Fantasy is a great parade, Parade of Dreams, Soundsational. DIsney Dreams in Paris was great. RDCT is considered the best fireworks Disney has created... and he has been pushing the fireworks boundaries since.

When did this become a Davison sucks fest?

HMF

I'm still not convinced WoC was ever going to be good. I have yet to see a Davison show even approach the level of a Dorsey show.
Can't argue with that. Davison stuff is fine for Magic Kingdom-style parks but with having a broader more substantial message, Dorsey is the master.

dlpwishes

I think when you watch original videos setting out the 'story' of WoC (not that there was one in particular) and hear the original pre-release version of the soundtrack, it would have been a much, much better show that flowed, included things like Alice (rarely appearing in shows).. but, yay management!

SuddenStorm

This does make the point that we like when we see stuff in shows that we don't usually see.

Fantasmic! had Dumbo, Jungle Book, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, Snow White.

A lot of the bits featured properties that aren't as widely utilized by Disney in their night time entertainment, or at least different segments than other shows. I hope Fantasmic!! doesn't remove a lot of the "uniqueness" from this show in favor for the more "cut and paste" greatest hits shows that Disney has put out recently.

TP2000

Phroobar

Wow. Nice to see WDI breaking out of the 30 year old mold that says all park equipment must be covered up by fake themed barrels and fake themed boxes.

They're getting serious about this Fantasmic! thing. They must think it's going to actually stick around for a decade or two.
It's a dinghy-thingy-dinghy.

TP2000

If they weren't so cheap!

I saw the new Hub at the Magic Kingdom last year for my own eyes. It wasn't as bad as I'd feared. It wasn't good, and they definitely cheaped out in spots, but it wasn't as bad as it looks in photos.

As for Disneyland's already superior version of Fantasmic!, this new Fantasmic!! is really getting a beauty treatment. What kind of projector do they need a boat to cover up? And what covered up that projector originally?

I remember back in '09 when they went from the original 70mm film projectors to the new digital projectors and what a leap forward in clarity that was. There was suddenly details and stuff on the screens that had been there all along, but that no one could have made out with the human eye. With a full rethink of the show, and new digital print screen footage, they must need some heavy duty new projectors that are a generation newer than the nice ones installed back in '09.

TP2000

Answering my own question above, here's a Before shot from a couple years ago...
05-06-13-IMG_9426.jpg

The boat its where some Mandatory Themed Boxes used to be on the right of the stage. This shot was taken as the Island was being prepped for the show in early evening, with the center projector opening in the rocks already lowered and that black curtain there in front of the projector. The left projector is behind that little shack with barn doors on the left of the photo.

Disney Analyst

I saw the new Hub at the Magic Kingdom last year for my own eyes. It wasn't as bad as I'd feared. It wasn't good, and they definitely cheaped out in spots, but it wasn't as bad as it looks in photos.

As for Disneyland's already superior version of Fantasmic!, this new Fantasmic!! is really getting a beauty treatment. What kind of projector do they need a boat to cover up? And what covered up that projector originally?

I remember back in '09 when they went from the original 70mm film projectors to the new digital projectors and what a leap forward in clarity that was. There was suddenly details and stuff on the screens that had been there all along, but that no one could have made out with the human eye. With a full rethink of the show, and new digital print screen footage, they must need some heavy duty new projectors that are a generation newer than the nice ones installed back in '09.

The boats covering a newly added projector for projection mapping on the mill.

brb1006

And we'll still stuck with the pole Maleficent Dragon.

D.Silentu

That boat is nicely done, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. Do you think it will interfere with sightlines during the show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom