Did Disney forget to reset their IT clocks?

Bandini

Original Poster
I cannot think of a more pointless thread topic. We really do have some seemingly quite bitter people on the forum, don't we?
If you find this thread so pointless, why bother posting on it? If I have that opinion of a thread, I just move on. But I guess you wanted to include your statement about bitter people. Good job!

EvilChameleon

Just because you like it, doesn't make it great. If it was so great, why hasn't it been implemented in every park and on every cruise ship? Answer: it's horribly flawed and expensive.

Answer: what the right hand does is irrelevant to the goings on of the left hand or the feet.

peter11435

Just because you like it, doesn't make it great. If it was so great, why hasn't it been implemented in every park and on every cruise ship? Answer: it's horribly flawed and expensive.
Disneyland will be receiving it's version of Fastpass+ later this year. And there is no need on the ships. They already use rfid for everything and there is no need for the long range capabilities onboard.

Bandini

Original Poster
Disneyland will be receiving it's version of Fastpass+ later this year. And there is no need on the ships. They already use rfid for everything and there is no need for the long range capabilities onboard.
DLR's FP system is totally different and you know it. They will not be getting rid of legacy FP.

drizgirl

Yes. The previous way was utter garbage. I will never understand this pure hatred for the new system because its honestly one of the best vacation planning tools Disney has rolled out. But if you prefer running around the park like a fool at opening trying to get return times, too each their own I guess.

Running around like a fool? You must have been doing it wrong.

But yes, I did prefer a system that let me ride ALL of the headiners by fastpass, many of them more than once.

But yes, to each their own.

rob0519

But does it beat inserting your ticket in a machine and pulling out a return time?

Actually, that is probably an individual preference. For the family that has just one or two days at the park or due to work or personal reasons cannot plan a vacation 60+ days in advance, the paper system was possibly more fair to them. Additionally, for anyone technically challenged with smart phones or PCs, obviously the paper system would be easier.

For others there is a certain sense of security knowing that in 60 days, their family will show up at one of the parks and be guaranteed at least 3 attractions that do not involve an insane wait in the standby lines.

drizgirl

I know it's different. That is why I said "their version."

As for legacy Fastpass... Just give them time. Remember legacy Fastpass and FP+ both existed here for a time too.

There are other substantial differences, not the least of which is that there won't be advance reservations. No waking up to schedule a 2 minute ride 2 months in advance only to find out you can't access the system.

drizgirl

Actually, that is probably an individual preference. For the family that has just one or two days at the park or due to work or personal reasons cannot plan a vacation 60+ days in advance, the paper system was possibly more fair to them. Additionally, for anyone technically challenged with smart phones or PCs, obviously the paper system would be easier.

For others there is a certain sense of security knowing that in 60 days, their family will show up at one of the parks and be guaranteed at least 3 attractions that do not involve an insane wait in the standby lines.

Absolutely a personal preference, which I think is lost on locals and people who make it to the park many days over the course of the year. But for the occasional traveler who has 1 day in a given park every couple years, the tiering is maddening.

peter11435

There are other substantial differences, not the least of which is that there won't be advance reservations. No waking up to schedule a 2 minute ride 2 months in advance only to find out you can't access the system.
Unless you're booking a FP for frozen or mine train there's no need to do that. And if we were still using Legacy FP you would have needed to get to the park at opening and get your Fastpass within the first hour of operation or would have missed out.

drizgirl

Unless you're booking a FP for frozen or mine train there's no need to do that. And if we were still using Legacy FP you would have needed to get to the park at opening and get your Fastpass within the first hour of operation or would have missed out.

The only ones that ran out in the first hour were the hottest ticket items (like FEA and 7DMT are now). It's not true that others ran out that fast unless you were there during peak crowds.

peter11435

The only ones that ran out in the first hour were the hottest ticket items (like FEA and 7DMT are now). It's not true that others ran out that fast unless you were there during peak crowds.
Exactly. Thats the point. Only the hottest ticket items ran out within the first hour. And those are also the only attractions you need to book two months in advance. Looking at tomorrow I can book every attraction in the magic kingdom except mine train. Heck I can still book every attraction for today except mine train and enchanted tales with belle.

drizgirl

Yet, as usual, you provide no evidence to back up this claim.

Funny because I was able to ride Splash, Thunder, and Space Mountains this past Wednesday with this "flawed system"; so try again

Just because it's possible doesn't mean I could count on it happening on the one day I happen to be there. I could almost always count on it before.

The_Jobu

If you find this thread so pointless, why bother posting on it? If I have that opinion of a thread, I just move on. But I guess you wanted to include your statement about bitter people. Good job!

All of us are here because we have nothing better to do. The sooner people realize that and stop criticizing people for criticizing things, the better off we'll all be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom