Lenses at WDW

WDI 1998

I am going the second week of April and am wondering what lens would be good for the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom? I have a 70-200mm and a 28-70mm. I have read that you are not allowed to take your camera bag so I need one lens to cover the whole time..

NowInc

I am going the second week of April and am wondering what lens would be good for the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom? I have a 70-200mm and a 28-70mm. I have read that you are not allowed to take your camera bag so I need one lens to cover the whole time..

You are more than allowed to bring your camera bag on all rides (except maybe kali river rapids but even then you wouldn't want to).

To answer your question, however...you cant go wrong with the 70-200 :)

Jahona

NowInc is almost right. You can take a bag with you almost anywhere in the park. The tour you're going on doesn't allow you to take a bag with you and your camera has to be secured to you. You're going to need reach and the 70-200 will be fine, especially on a crop sensor, for getting shots of the animals at distance.

thomas998

NowInc is almost right. You can take a bag with you almost anywhere in the park. The tour you're going on doesn't allow you to take a bag with you and your camera has to be secured to you. You're going to need reach and the 70-200 will be fine, especially on a crop sensor, for getting shots of the animals at distance.

Big question is what camera are you using and how good is the high ISO on it because most 70-200 lenses are pretty slow... and if you are using a slow zoom you will need decent high ISO and hopefully a sensor stabilization to get good shots. If you were going on a real safari somewhere I would suggest you rent a good f2.8 zoom.... but I wouldn't do that for a Disney trip since it is really more like taking pictures in a zoo.

What are the specs of the camera you are going to use? Because if it is good enough with a high enough pixel count I might go with the 28-70 if it is a lot fast than the other lens and then assume I was going to have to crop the photos quite a bit.

WDI 1998

Big question is what camera are you using and how good is the high ISO on it because most 70-200 lenses are pretty slow... and if you are using a slow zoom you will need decent high ISO and hopefully a sensor stabilization to get good shots. If you were going on a real safari somewhere I would suggest you rent a good f2.8 zoom.... but I wouldn't do that for a Disney trip since it is really more like taking pictures in a zoo.

What are the specs of the camera you are going to use? Because if it is good enough with a high enough pixel count I might go with the 28-70 if it is a lot fast than the other lens and then assume I was going to have to crop the photos quite a bit.

I will be shooting with a Nikon D750 using a Tamron 70-200 f2.8. It seems like a really big lens to truck through the 3 hour tour....I am going to do some more research on the tour and see if it will get knocked around and banged up during the trek.

thomas998

I will be shooting with a Nikon D750 using a Tamron 70-200 f2.8. It seems like a really big lens to truck through the 3 hour tour....I am going to do some more research on the tour and see if it will get knocked around and banged up during the trek.
Here's a link to someone's go pro version of the tour... Looks like the only possible concern would be when your going across all the rope bridges... why they make missing rungs is beyond me... I know they want to try and make you feel like its a real safari but I just find it humorous that they go to the trouble of leaving rungs off the bridge but then make the things like the hippo pool look so much like a concrete swimming hole...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom