Best way to get to parks from cabana bay

Cathyk

Original Poster
First time ever going to universal. staying at cabana bay. If We are using early entry, what time should we get to the bus stop? Wondering if it makes more sense to walk or go to another resort and take the boats. Thanks

JoeCamel

First time ever going to universal. staying at cabana bay. If We are using early entry, what time should we get to the bus stop? Wondering if it makes more sense to walk or go to another resort and take the boats. Thanks
Use the bus, they put several on at that time and you should get there about thirty minutes before the early entry time. They often let people in 15 minutes before time and it only takes a few minutes to ride the bus. The rest of the time is walking in, clearing security and catching a better place in line.

thomas998

the bus- super fast, nothing like WDW. Never really have to wait.
Yep... If Disney's buses were as fast and efficient as Universals I would never rent a car on our trips...

That said the we have had to wait maybe 10 minutes for a bus from Cabana Bay when we tried to leave early enough for the early entry to Potter land... Seemed like everyone else was doing the same thing so by the time we got in line there was enough people that we had to wait for a second bus.

I would never recommend walking, that isn't going to be any faster from where you are at Cabana Bay and considering the amount of walking you'll have to do just to get from the entrance to either of the theme parks, save your feet as long as you can.

You didn't mention which part of Cabana Bay you are staying in... If you still have an option of picking or switching places in the hotel I would recommend the Americana or Continental Towers they are closer to the bus stops, restaurant and lazy river... The other three parts of Cabana Bay feel like they are a long ways from everything.

Ekohlby

Just chiming in with another - take the bus!! The busses at CB are wonderful. We never had to wait for one and you get there fast. The security is much faster than it used to be to, making taking the boats over to save time not end up saving time anymore. As for what time to get there, it depends on how high the crowds are that day.

lebeau

We were pleasantly surprised with the bus service at Cabana Bay. At Disney, you always wind up waiting as multiple buses come and go. At Cabana Bay, the opposite was true. There were always multiple buses waiting for us when we arrived.

Cathyk

Original Poster
Yep... If Disney's buses were as fast and efficient as Universals I would never rent a car on our trips...

That said the we have had to wait maybe 10 minutes for a bus from Cabana Bay when we tried to leave early enough for the early entry to Potter land... Seemed like everyone else was doing the same thing so by the time we got in line there was enough people that we had to wait for a second bus.

I would never recommend walking, that isn't going to be any faster from where you are at Cabana Bay and considering the amount of walking you'll have to do just to get from the entrance to either of the theme parks, save your feet as long as you can.

You didn't mention which part of Cabana Bay you are staying in... If you still have an option of picking or switching places in the hotel I would recommend the Americana or Continental Towers they are closer to the bus stops, restaurant and lazy river... The other three parts of Cabana Bay feel like they are a long ways from everything.

I booked a courtyard family suite poolside. Are the towers better than the courtyard rooms?

Eckert

I booked a courtyard family suite poolside. Are the towers better than the courtyard rooms?
The only difference between the towers and courtyard suites are the style of room. Courtyard Suites are motel-style with a big window by the door and an outside entrance to your room vs. the Tower suites being hotel-style, as in no window by the door and the room being indoors.

If you've got young ones (which I assume you do), they'd be more keen to courtyard just because it's closer to the main pool and it's a little more active outside your door. Some would consider it "louder", but having stayed at both I've found out that the difference isn't really noticeable.

If you're not feeling the amazingly efficient buses, you could always walk over to Sapphire Falls via the walkway and take their water taxi. It'll be a longer process, but you'll be arriving in style.

I personally have never been the biggest fan of EPA; I've always felt like you get there one hour early to only be able to ride one ride and that's it. It's not like the entire park is open.

thomas998

The only difference between the towers and courtyard suites are the style of room. Courtyard Suites are motel-style with a big window by the door and an outside entrance to your room vs. the Tower suites being hotel-style, as in no window by the door and the room being indoors.

If you've got young ones (which I assume you do), they'd be more keen to courtyard just because it's closer to the main pool and it's a little more active outside your door. Some would consider it "louder", but having stayed at both I've found out that the difference isn't really noticeable.

If you're not feeling the amazingly efficient buses, you could always walk over to Sapphire Falls via the walkway and take their water taxi. It'll be a longer process, but you'll be arriving in style.

I personally have never been the biggest fan of EPA; I've always felt like you get there one hour early to only be able to ride one ride and that's it. It's not like the entire park is open.

Not sure if they really have a main pool, the real difference between the pools is that the towers area pool has a lazy river area while the courtyard has a water slide.

The biggest difference is the proximity to everything. If you have a car you can park very close to your room if you are staying in courtyard, but then that assumes they aren't crowded as it is possible that you will have to use the hotel's parking garage and if that is the case the parking garage is closest to the towers. For convenience the towers are your best bet, from a tower room you don't need to go outside to get to the hotel restaurant, or other indoor facilities, from the courtyard you do. The sizes of the rooms were pretty much identical, and we did notice it was louder when we stayed at the courtyard than in the tower so if you want less noise the tower wins.

I suggest you look at the link below for a map of the hotel, the left side are the towers the right side are the courtyards, it shows you where things are located so you can decide for yourself which one meets your needs.

http://yourfirstvisit.net/wp-conten...ort-Family-Suite-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

JoeCamel

Not sure if they really have a main pool, the real difference between the pools is that the towers area pool has a lazy river area while the courtyard has a water slide.

The biggest difference is the proximity to everything. If you have a car you can park very close to your room if you are staying in courtyard, but then that assumes they aren't crowded as it is possible that you will have to use the hotel's parking garage and if that is the case the parking garage is closest to the towers. For convenience the towers are your best bet, from a tower room you don't need to go outside to get to the hotel restaurant, or other indoor facilities, from the courtyard you do. The sizes of the rooms were pretty much identical, and we did notice it was louder when we stayed at the courtyard than in the tower so if you want less noise the tower wins.

I suggest you look at the link below for a map of the hotel, the left side are the towers the right side are the courtyards, it shows you where things are located so you can decide for yourself which one meets your needs.

http://yourfirstvisit.net/wp-conten...ort-Family-Suite-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

And my experience has always been the opposite. The inside hall makes the towers more noisy for me and I don't think the walls are insulated as well as the Courtyard. I always ask for the outer side (3 times now) and it is very quiet compared to the 5 times I have stayed in the towers. If I am there more than 3 nights I always get the courtyard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom