Apps for DLP

TiggerDad

Original Poster
To plan for our September return to DLP, I downloaded the official park app and have been trying to watch wait times. It seemed to not always have wait times available, so I tried an unofficial app. It seems to always be working, but the times are often quite different. Our last visit was 2012, and I don't remember using an app back then in the dark ages.

So my question for the DLP experts here is what app(s) do you recommend for use in the parc? Or is it not needed? Also is there wifi?

Thanks

Den Carter

I've been using the new DLP official app for my visits over the last few months and found it quite reliable. The challenge at DLP in winter is that ride stoppages are much more common than in the summer because of the cold weather (Big Thunder, I'm looking at you). It causes surges at the rides that are open, and the wait times get thrown out of sync real quick. You should be fine in September though.

There have been rumours for a couple of years that wifi would arrive in the parks for the 25th, but so far that hasn't happened. You can pick up the wifi from the Disneyland Hotel near the Main St station but that's as good as it gets for now. 3G signal is still patchy in some areas of the park, in my experience, but has improved in recent years.

There are wait time boards at the castle hub and outside Studio One in WDSP. Both are easy to view, but I still prefer the app for convenience.

felipenor

The challenge at DLP in winter is that ride stoppages are much more common than in the summer because of the cold weather (Big Thunder, I'm looking at you).
I noticed that too. I was there last january and every time I tried to ride BTM it was closed for maintenance. What happens?

Den Carter

I noticed that too. I was there last january and every time I tried to ride BTM it was closed for maintenance. What happens?

DLP's BTM is still the best version of the ride in the world, but it is susceptible to winter closures when the temperature hovers around or drops below freezing. Someone explained the issue to me once. Something to do with the brakes being less effective in the cold, and Disney being very cautious.

felipenor

DLP's BTM is still the best version of the ride in the world, but it is susceptible to winter closures when the temperature hovers around or drops below freezing. Someone explained the issue to me once. Something to do with the brakes being less effective in the cold, and Disney being very cautious.
That makes sense. Thank you.

Too bad I didn't get to ride it. I spent 4 days at Disneyland, but every time I tried to ride it, it was either shut down or a 120 minutes waiting line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom