John Lasseter Pixar Shirt

TheHodge

Original Poster
This is a long shot but,

Spotted on here https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4fHJQUWIAAJbsc.jpg,

I prefer to wear shirts rather than t-shirts so when I saw this I thought I MUST HAVE IT.. but I've not spotted it anywhere..

It looks amazing but I figure it's probably one made for him internally (I hear he has good Disney contacts ;) )

I even emailed Pixar but got an autoresponder :(

Figments Friend

The shirt in your sample photo is one of a series of shirts that were custom made and sold to employees at Pixar Animation Studios and perhaps the Disney Studios as well.

There have been several designs over the years, usually offered to coincide with a Pixar film release.
Finding Nemo ones, a Wall-E version, and even a 'Tropical Olaf' design was released to tie in with 'Frozen' are just some of the ones I have seen.
John is known to collect them, and has often worn these shirts to various film and Theme Park publicity events.

The shirts are normally not sold to the general public or at the Parks , however this particular shirt in the photo sample I beleive WAS offered for general sale at one of the recent D23 Expos out in Anaheim, CA.
I think it was the 2015 Expo, as I remember hearing about them being offered for sale when I attended that year.
It was a limited edition, like all the 'Pixar Hawaiin Shirts' have been over the years, and if I am remembering correctly they were expensive to purchase.....about $100 a shirt.

Your best bet for finding one would likely be in the secondary collectors market or eBay.
Be prepared to pay a steep price however...but you never know, you might find a seller that offers it at a much more realistic number ($60)

Good luck!
:)

-

Last edited:

TheHodge

Original Poster
Thanks thats great news, they arn't cheap on eBay but lets see if I can convince the wife for a special christmas gift this year ;)

Figments Friend

@TheHodge -

There is currently a 'Moana' themed Hawaiian shirt for sale through The Disney Store website.
40% off at the moment...so only $31..!

It is not one of the limited edition 'Lasseter' shirts you seek but it is in a similar style.
Not sure if you are a fan of 'Moana', but I thought I would mention it here anyway in case you wanted to check it out.

-

TheHodge

Original Poster
@TheHodge -

There is currently a 'Moana' themed Hawaiian shirt for sale through The Disney Store website.
40% off at the moment...so only $31..!

It is not one of the limited edition 'Lasseter' shirts you seek but it is in a similar style.
Not sure if you are a fan of 'Moana', but I thought I would mention it here anyway in case you wanted to check it out.

-

Thanks, I've just had a sneaky look but they only seem to have S in stock... and the chances of me EVER fitting in an S are slim...unlike me ;)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I got the shirt pictured at the 2015 D23 Expo. They were released for sale at the Expo in limited edition. $100/ea.

They sold out the entire edition at the Expo.

No, mine's not for sale. ;)

TheHodge

Original Poster
I got the shirt pictured at the 2015 D23 Expo. They were released for sale at the Expo in limited edition. $100/ea.

They sold out the entire edition at the Expo.

No, mine's not for sale. ;)

No problem Monty :) thanks for the heads up, there are a few on eBay around the $180 mark.. that's gonna be a tough conversation with the wife

Figments Friend

Currently there is a cool WDW 'Blizzard Beach' Hawaiian styled employee-only shirt up on eBay for $54.
I noticed it today while browsing Cast items.....i think it was a size XL.

-

TheHodge

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom