Middle or end of August for lower crowds?

Courtney6682

Hi friends!

Is there a better time go to in that time frame? I know Southern schools go back at some point in August, just not sure when.

Thanks in advance!

kelliechris

Our schools start back mid-August, usually somewhere between the 13th and 18th. We're in northern KY. I read an article yesterday stating they were thinking of pushing the start date to the end of August. That could be nice for future trips for us!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
We were there last August and the first 2 weeks at Disney weren't bad at all. The third and into the 4th week we were over at UNI. 3rd week was very quiet and the 4th week we thought we had the place to ourselves. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I once went the last week in August and thought the crowds would be lower. Turned out that year had some of the highest crowd levels for the end of August LOL. Go figure! There was even a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and the crowds were still there. The winds kept the temps so nice...but then it went inland and the heat and humidity came back full force :)

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I agree, counting on August crowds to be better in early or mid August is not a pony to bet on. And I find the August humidity tougher than June or early July.
But if August is only time I could swing a summer visit I would still do it and I would be in parks at night , sleep til noon and do pools in afternoon. Actually we kind of keep that schedule even in June or July it just is more bearable.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom