Which parks to book FP first

Patcheslee

Original Poster
I know there are a lot of guides and such written about FP+ priority for each park, but there doesn't seem to be anything about which parks to book first considering the whole of DW. Which is actually kind of strange with all the info out there.
I know that FEA is the first on our list but beyond that which seems to go quicker as a whole? We have AK June 3rd, HS June 4th, Free day June 5th, EP June 6th, MK June 7th/8th, EP again June 9th. Does it make more sense to just go in order after the FEA attempt, or skipping around?

Edit:spelling is not my friend in the mornings

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Regardless, for this summer only, I'd say:

1. DAK (Avatar)
2. Epcot (if you want Frozen)
3. Hollywood Studios (if you want Toy Story)
4. Magic Kingdom (Mine Train)
5. Epcot (if you don't want Frozen)

In general, you'd want to book the beginning of your trip first since those days are the END of some other peoples' trips, and they've been booking for a few days before you.

Schneewittchen

You should look at the extra magic hours for each day of the trip as well. According to undocumented folklore, the parks with EMH are going to be busier than a usual day with no EMH.

But I don't care about that, we go to WDW every year and crowds don't bother us.

And seriously, if you log in to do your Fastpasses at 7 am ET 60 days before your trip, you will get the ones you want (Frozen, Mine Train, etc.)

Patcheslee

Original Poster
You should look at the extra magic hours for each day of the trip as well. According to undocumented folklore, the parks with EMH are going to be busier than a usual day with no EMH.

But I don't care about that, we go to WDW every year and crowds don't bother us.

And seriously, if you log in to do your Fastpasses at 7 am ET 60 days before your trip, you will get the ones you want (Frozen, Mine Train, etc.)

FP just seems to be one of those unknowns about how difficult it might be until you're in the booking window. Depending on which site you read it seems like unless you are ready with your finger on the mouse at 6:59 for *insert ride name here* chances are it will be out.

SAV

What I like to do is start with my "Must Have's". Then fill in the rest. We also do 2 days at EPCOT and MK, so I start with the day furthest away since that is likely to have more availability than the days earlier in the stay. Once I am sure to get my Must Have, then I try to get a second FP+ for my Must Have earlier in the week in case I really like it. If not, I can release it and somebody gets a Surprise when they find availability on the day of or night before. This worked great for 7DMT when it opened.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
FP just seems to be one of those unknowns about how difficult it might be until you're in the booking window. Depending on which site you read it seems like unless you are ready with your finger on the mouse at 6:59 for *insert ride name here* chances are it will be out.
That's absolutely untrue. Just for fun, I ran FP+ availability for a party of four for TOMORROW. Available: Thunder, Peter, Pirates, Space, Splash, Soarin', Test Track, RnRC, Toy Story, Star Tours, Tower, Kilimanjaro, Everest, and every single "minor" attraction. The only things fully booked for a party of four literally one day in advance are Frozen, Enchanted Tales, Mine Train.

Patcheslee

Original Poster
That's absolutely untrue. Just for fun, I ran FP+ availability for a party of four for TOMORROW. Available: Thunder, Peter, Pirates, Space, Splash, Soarin', Test Track, RnRC, Toy Story, Star Tours, Tower, Kilimanjaro, Everest, and every single "minor" attraction. The only things fully booked for a party of four literally one day in advance are Frozen, Enchanted Tales, Mine Train.
How were you able to check FP availability? I just get taken to a screen to link tickets since our window hasn't opened.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
How were you able to check FP availability? I just get taken to a screen to link tickets since our window hasn't opened.

If you bought a package (like we did) then your tickets are locked until your check-in date, so you won't be able to make it through the fast pass process to the availability screen until your 60 day window. If you buy tickets outside of a package, they aren't locked which allows you to get to the availability screen but you still cannot book the fast passes until 30 days out (60 if you link it to a resort stay in the app).

There's a thread somewhere out there (I think on DisBoards) about practicing booking fast passes, but folks who have packages don't have that capability. There are a few photo tutorial threads though if you google it that walk you through the process screen by screen, and I found those helpful.

thomas998

Best option is to decide what you absolutely want and then on the day you are making fastpass reservations you hit that one for the first day if possible and if not you may end up having to move it to a later date.... That is the reason their is no one rule because you are still at the mercy of what ride is already booked. Assume you want to put Mine Train on the first day of your trip... there is a chance you wont be able to because when your window opens up that same window has already opened up for other guests that had that same day at say the 2nd or 3rd day of their stay... So you have to be flexible especially when it comes to rides that are very popular.

Of course you also have to bear in mind you may have already made some dinner reservations that require you to be in a particular park at a certain time which can also impact what fastpass schedule you follow. I know for us we have dinner reservations set and then try and target fastpasses around those while minimizing required park hopes if possible.

RMichael21

If you plan on doing Avatar, do that first as it'll have opened about a week prior to your trip. Then do Frozen and then go in chronological order after that.

And if you don't get the reservation that you want right away, keep checking. Something almost always opens up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom