MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

SorcererMC

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Worth repating here, Cinemagique is expected to close at the end of March, to be replaced by a Marvel show in 2018.
%#$+!!!!

I wish I'd known, then I would've done one last ride when i visited this year, I pretty much just got back. They announce closures far, far too late. That just doesn't show any respect for the fan. Let us wave goodbye to our favourites! And for management looking down with disdain at grown-ups with an emotional attachment to theme park rides: well that is the business you're in. You sell sentimentality and attachment.

Also:

$#&@!!! Marvel encroachment. :hungover:

Last edited:

peep

I'm quite upset by this rumour/news. Cinemagique is one of my favourite things in Paris and I didn't get time to see it on my last trip.

Apparently it'll be similar in style to the Pirates show in Shanghai (which is great imo). I do feel like this show is in the wrong place? Probably because I just had it in my head that Marvel was going into Backlot, not Production area. Intrigued but so disappointed.

Kev1982

This might be already on here somewhere. I appologise if it is but am i the only one thinking that MSEP might be coming back to europe after it ends in anaheim?

brb1006

This might be already on here somewhere. I appologise if it is but am i the only one thinking that MSEP might be coming back to europe after it ends in anaheim?
I don't think so at this point, besides can we have MSEP finally rest in peace (It's almost 50 years old at this point).

peep

Yeah if anything I'm hoping Paris gets a new Paint the Night or something original. I love the MSEP soundtrack but overall the parade is pretty dated.

peep

Paris certainly doesn't have the funds to get a new night parade anytime soon, but by the time the 30th anniversary rolls around, I think we could potentially see something.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster

Paris already has Fantallusion. Why would they bother shipping MSEP across the Atlantic and converting all the electricty outlets on the floats?

Kev1982

I know MSEP is old and oh my god it is so dated. Was thinking to have some kind of night parade that timing kind of fitted.
Also if they still have fantillusion why do they not run it?
Wasnt that bad of a parade. Not like the original in Tokyo but still.
No matter how great the castle show will be or is,a light parade is still a big miss for me. That is how i got interested about 32 years ago in the whole Disney themepark industry...

brb1006

I know MSEP is old and oh my god it is so dated. Was thinking to have some kind of night parade that timing kind of fitted.
Also if they still have fantillusion why do they not run it?
Wasnt that bad of a parade. Not like the original in Tokyo but still.
No matter how great the castle show will be or is,a light parade is still a big miss for me. That is how i got interested about 32 years ago in the whole Disney themepark industry...
"Not like the original in Tokyo but still"

I'm confused with that statement

Kev1982

Yes it had more floats in all 3 sections of the parade.
I remember seeing it in Tokyo with a Evil Queen en Chernabog float in the villains section. Was awesome...

The Empress Lilly

Lack of darkness doesn't help. In the busy months, when you would want to run a night parade, it gets dark barely in time for the video projection show. A parade would have to run long before that, for the logistics of riding through the hub and Main Street.

In the months when the park does have early sunsets, the parks close early because of low visitor numbers. The park does not stay open long enough for both a parade and video projection show. (Although my recent winter visits showed DLP is doing a fairly good job nowadays of filling the parks in the off season :'( )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom