Pre-Trip I"M GOING TO DISNEY and I'M STAYING IN A DELUXE!

So I wasn't planning on doing a pre trip report so soon but since I have the day off thanks to the past presidents I figured I'd get it started rather then get on the tread mill. Plus Tuvalu looks like she might be taking a few weeks off and I'll have nothing else to look forward too. :)

I'm so excited for this trip! We will be staying in our very first Deluxe! This could be bad for us, I may get spoiled!! This is also our first time renting points. Everything went smooth and hopefully nothing happens between now and our trip.

A few of the details:

WHO: Just J and I will be taking this trip
IMG_0571.JPG

Unfortunately this photo is a year old. It's the only one I have on hand at the moment that doesn't have one of us making a face.

WHEN: September 14-18. It'll be an awesome 4 nights over our anniversary weekend!!

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village!! Whoop Whoop!

amjt660

Premium Member
Not yet! :( My best friend is getting married at the end of June so the plan is to head south as soon after the wedding as possible. My birthday is July 14 and I'm hoping (insisting) that we're settled by then.. I WILL spend my 25th birthday at the Magic Kingdom. :inlove: Monthly trip reports?? How about WEEKLY! :joyfull: Though I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fill @Tuvalu's shoes. :)

Dylan says I've come a long way since we started dating and takes full responsibility for the little bit of tolerance I've built up since then. It's still embarrassing compared to the average person. :hilarious:
Weekly TRs? Can't wait to read them!!

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
We have progressed from Value to Mod to Deluxe and I will tell you it is very hard to go back.
In March 2016 we stayed off property at DLR at a Sheraton
We have stayed at the Grand Californian for the previous 5 stays.
You should have heard the whining, complaining, moaning, crying, etc.
And that was just from me!!!!!!

Max

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
YOU WILL. Kidani Village was our first deluxe too (rented points), and we are totally spoiled now :joyfull:. But it's ok, it'll be worth it! Hope you have the best time!
Thanks!! I do believe i'll be renting lots of points in my future :happy:

We have progressed from Value to Mod to Deluxe and I will tell you it is very hard to go back.

Max
We have stayed at both moderates and values, our trip this past summer we decided to stay at a value again. Well, I don't think I'll be staying at one again. It was a very nice trip but going back to a value was an eye opener. I also had moments of whining and moaning. :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Max
I never gave my poor wallet a chance. First time I took my wife (then girlfriend), we stayed at Yacht Club, Club Level. I created a Disney snob monster. Just seeing the long lines at the All Star bus stop at MK on a crowded night is enough to prompt her to tell me that she would rather save up for as long as it took to stay at a Deluxe before having to deal with that.

I love the snobby Disney monster I have created, but it comes at a price. Damn $13 Orange Mango Fire Margaritas at La Cava!!!!:greedy::arghh::D

amjt660

Premium Member
I never gave my poor wallet a chance. First time I took my wife (then girlfriend), we stayed at Yacht Club, Club Level. I created a Disney snob monster. Just seeing the long lines at the All Star bus stop at MK on a crowded night is enough to prompt her to tell me that she would rather save up for as long as it took to stay at a Deluxe before having to deal with that.

I love the snobby Disney monster I have created, but it comes at a price. Damn $13 Orange Mango Fire Margaritas at La Cava!!!!:greedy::arghh::D
I have created an entire family of snobby Travel monsters.
It no longer is contained to Disney resorts and now applies to every overnight stay
We grab a park and fly and it has to be a "good" (read: expensive) hotel.

Max

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
DITTO!! Which why we now have 3 DVC contracts :cautious:. I love POP but sadly can't ever return :(.
I have created an entire family of snobby Travel monsters.
It no longer is contained to Disney resorts and now applies to every overnight stay
We grab a park and fly and it has to be a "good" (read: expensive) hotel.

Max
We are all mad scientists!!! I just look at my wife and tell her, (in my Darth Sidius voie) "Good, Good, let the snob flow through you!"

emperor.jpg

kaitertot5249

Your trip sounds awesome. I have promised my boyfriend that our next trip will be a more relaxed one. I have a really hard time relaxing when I'm not in Disney so this will be a tough promise to keep... I just need to convince him to go on a longer trip next time so we can get the best of both worlds!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Happy planning!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Your trip sounds awesome. I have promised my boyfriend that our next trip will be a more relaxed one. I have a really hard time relaxing when I'm not in Disney so this will be a tough promise to keep... I just need to convince him to go on a longer trip next time so we can get the best of both worlds!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Happy planning!
I totally understand what your saying. When I first brought up the idea to J I was really hoping to spent two days at the parks because who can go to Disney and not go to MK! Unfortunately J had a request of no MK!! :eek: We did throw around the idea of going to Epcot for F&W also, but in the end all the talk of relaxing and soaking in all other things at Disney really got us excited about just visiting AK and taking it easy. Now I'm all excited again tonight!!:joyfull:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
WHAT?! Magic Kingdom IS Disney to me! I guess everyone has their own Disney style though and I'm glad you both will be able to enjoy this trip and the more relaxed approach to WDW. I hope to learn from you and do the same someday.
LOL.. I know!! It is so hard imagining taking a trip to Disney and not walking down Main Street. Hopefully I won't have a breakdown while I'm there from not going to MK.

MK can be crazy busy
We have been shifting our time from MK to Epcot/DHS/AK as the girls grew from grade school to high school to now university age.
I can see why you want a relaxing, soaking it all in , only AK trip.

Max
I'm still a little in shock of how excited I am for a short, one park trip. Maybe it's the diet I'm on and I'm excited about all the new food options were going to try. :D

amjt660

Premium Member
LOL.. I know!! It is so hard imagining taking a trip to Disney and not walking down Main Street. Hopefully I won't have a breakdown while I'm there from not going to MK.

I'm still a little in shock of how excited I am for a short, one park trip. Maybe it's the diet I'm on and I'm excited about all the new food options were going to try. :D
I have never done a short / 1 park trip to WDW. ( as you know I did TDR as a short trip but never the World)
It has always been 7 to 8 days of Disney and sometimes Uni/SeaWorld where we must go to all 4 theme parks at least once.
I am looking forward to reading your report, hearing about all the great non park stuff you will do and to know your thoughts/reflections when it is all done.

Max

thomas998

How I'm dreaming our days will go:

Arrival - depending on what time I can get flights for I would definitely like to just soak in the AKL and explore. If we're not to tired I would like to head to Disney Springs. The main reason is to stop by the Art of Shaving that I heard about from @dclfan . J's beard isn't quite as impressive yet but he's getting there. I really think J will love some pampering. Then possibly check out Raglan Road or Jock Lindsey's.

Our 1st full day - Pool, Pool, and some more Pool. Maybe some bread service from Sanaa. Maybe a few drinks. Probably a nap. Eventually we should clean up and go to CG for some dinner, then some Wishes. Oh wait no, I'll never get to see Wishes again. :cry: I guess I'll have to settle for some Happily Ever Something Show. o_O Then to drown my sorrows over Wishes I'm going to have to drink around the Monorail. We'll try to get into Trader Sam's then stop at Grand Floridian for another. :D By then J will have to carry me back to the resort because I'm a light weight or a cheap date, whatever saying works for you.

Day 2 - I'm guessing some more pool time but a little less of it. By the afternoon I'd like to head to Boardwalk and stop at Big River Brewery for J. I don't want to eat here maybe just watch J drink beer. :) Because where I want to go is II Muliano for some pizza :hungry:. Later in the evening is when I might want to add Yatchmans to our reservations. This evening could also be a drink around the Monorail if previous day doesn't work out.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom day!! Tiffins for Dinner!! I'm sure we'll take a mid day break. J doesn't like to stay at park from open to close. He needs to take a break. He is older than me :). And thanks to @TrolleyFollower91 there is a little place that sells delicious adult drinks next to Tusker House. Dawa Bar?

Departure Day - Not sure when we'll have to leave yet. Hoping we'll get a few hours to just stay at the resort and enjoy the atmosphere.

This is how I see it in my head but as you all know Disney plans never seem to go as planned.

Normally I would say get a rental car cause AKL is in the middle of nowhere... but with all the drinking you have planned the bus might be the best option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom