Booking 4th FP+

doctornick

Original Poster
I haven't been able to find an answer for sure, but after using your first 3 FP+ and you go to book an additional (4th or beyond), do you need to be in the park in question to do it? If you were planning to park hop, could you pick up one for a different park using the app on the phone or do you have to be inside the park for where the FP+ is being booked?

disney4life2008

Once you scan the 3rd, the app will update to say you can choose a 4th pass. You do not need to be in the park. For example, I have completed my 3 at magic kingdom by 5pm then once I scan my 3rd, i can do a 4th for fantasmic at Hollywood studios. Of course, the 4th is based on availability which is typically limited if you are going to a different park but always worth to try.

thomas998

Once you scan the 3rd, the app will update to say you can choose a 4th pass. You do not need to be in the park. For example, I have completed my 3 at magic kingdom by 5pm then once I scan my 3rd, i can do a 4th for fantasmic at Hollywood studios. Of course, the 4th is based on availability which is typically limited if you are going to a different park but always worth to try.

I believe you are mistaken. Unless they have changed things that was not the case for us on our last trip. We had one day where we finished all the FP+ rides at Studios, I then tried to set up another ride online at MK for that evening online... It wouldn't work. I then went to one of the kiosks and it still wouldn't work.... I asked a CM to help me do this and was then told that it would not let me setup a 4th FP+ at MK because I was still showing as inside Studios on their computer... I was told in order to do a MK FP I would need to go to a MK and enter their gates before the system would let me do a FP there. That was our experience in 2016.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I believe you are mistaken. Unless they have changed things that was not the case for us on our last trip. We had one day where we finished all the FP+ rides at Studios, I then tried to set up another ride online at MK for that evening online... It wouldn't work. I then went to one of the kiosks and it still wouldn't work.... I asked a CM to help me do this and was then told that it would not let me setup a 4th FP+ at MK because I was still showing as inside Studios on their computer... I was told in order to do a MK FP I would need to go to a MK and enter their gates before the system would let me do a FP there. That was our experience in 2016.
I was in the MK on 2/19/17 and made my 4th FP for RnR at DHS using my phone. Additionally, I was able to make a 4th for a different park from my phone several times in 2016, so perhaps the system was changed after your visit?

disney4life2008

I was in the MK on 2/19/17 and made my 4th FP for RnR at DHS using my phone. Additionally, I was able to make a 4th for a different park from my phone several times in 2016, so perhaps the system was changed after your visit?

I think the system went through a upgrade. But from my experience, you can be in the original park once your 3 are done and immediately reserve the 4th on the app for any park.

thomas998

Our last visit was summer 2016, during that visit we couldn't make the 4 FP unless we went to the park that had the ride. Hopefully it has been changed because it was very annoying.

NeedMoreMickey

You are now able to reserve a 4th FP online for any park whether you are there or not, as long as you've used your first 3 or the window has passed for the last one.
This will work great for us. We could only get Frozen at 5:00 the day we arrive but are planning on heading down to HS for the fireworks and maybe catch a FP+ there for something. We scheduled other FP+ for earlier so if we miss them we won't be do upset.

JohnD

I've done my three FP+ in Epcot and scheduled my fourth (ST) while on the boat from the Intl Gateway to HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom