Village Haus at Disneyland changing into the Red Rose Taverne

VJ

But maintaining customer good will and loyalty is a huge factor that shouldn't be ignored--it's what distinguishes a Disney (or at least the way Disney used to be) from a Six Flags. Of course, no one in Disney management cares about long-term effects these days, so ka-ching.
If someone buys 20 of the same item they're already better than the regular guest only buying one, in Disney's eyes. Doesn't matter what they do with the merchandise when they get home. They have no reason in their view to stop it from happening.

Phroobar

Disney has put limits on items in the past. Usually if something is selling really hot, they raise the price after the scalpers buy them all.

D

Deleted member 107043

Of course, no one in Disney management cares about long-term effects these days, so ka-ching.

I don't know about that, at least I certainly hope it isn't entirely true. There seems to be some friction in the balancing act between optimizing financial growth to pacify the board and shareholders while continuing to elevate the brand. In the one hand they are relentlessly grabbing every last penny from the purses and wallets of their customers while investing sizable sums of money on exciting new experiences at that will positively impact customer experience for decades to come in the other.

Phroobar

Peter Pan needs to be fixed NOW! There is no reason for the queue to ever get that long. It's a simple dark ride where you get to fly. They need better through put. The Magic Kingdom's version doesn't have massive lines like that.

Rich T

If someone buys 20 of the same item they're already better than the regular guest only buying one, in Disney's eyes. Doesn't matter what they do with the merchandise when they get home. They have no reason in their view to stop it from happening.
Exactly. They don't care about the 19 customers (most probably AP holders for this occasion) they just disappointed. They know darn well what Scalpy McScumbag's doing with his purchase, and they don't care.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

I'm kinda surprised to say this, but if Disney decides to make the Red Rose Tavern a permanent replacement for Village Haus, I'd be okay with it - at least in Disneyland. After all, Pinocchio is already well-represented there via the dark ride (which WDW doesn't have) and a Pinocchio restaurant doesn't have the same thematic zing as a Beauty and the Beast restaurant. Plus a pal of mine dined at Red Rose and loved it. Said the new menu is great and so is the themeing.

Now, of course in WDW, we have Be Our Guest, so no need for a Red Rose Tavern...but I do hope maybe Gaston's will get some of the menu items from Red Rose. My friend really loved the Poutine and the Lemon Rose cake *drool*. (And I also hope Gaston's gets expanded a bit - it's really too small IMO.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom