Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Cool cool...still in infant stages but getting ideas together. Tusker House CB for my son is a possibility and Germany in Epcot. Also, Paddle Fish at Disney Springs is on the radar. We will be staying at our Marriott timeshare near Sea World and the P's and my sisters family are at Old Key West...

Need to start a countdown.. :D

Yes!! A countdown is totally necessary! I think we'll be spending a fair amount of time at DS so that may be where our paths cross!

Seanual757

Many of you have seen me talking about this in other reports, but I'm so excited that I figured I might as well post here too. :) Dylan and I have made the decision to move to Florida in July. Our tentative plans are to settle somewhere in Lake County, which is about an hour (maximum) from WDW. I still can't believe that this is actually happening.. it doesn't seem possible! I've always dreamed about moving but wasn't sure that I'd ever actually do it.

I have a teaching degree and have just been subbing in PA while I complete my Master's degree. I'm graduating in May so it just seems like the perfect time to pick up and move before we have anything tying us down here. Dylan also has a teaching degree but is looking to get out of education, so he's currently exploring his options and trying to decide what he wants to do when we get there.

The thought of being an annual passholder and being able to go JUST BECAUSE on any day of the week is so surreal! I'll be able to go to all of the parties, F&W, and just so many other things that I'm not able to do being a teacher in PA. Disney date nights on a weekly basis? If that doesn't make you giddy then we can't be friends. ;)

So that's it for now! I'm 144 days out and am driving myself crazy because there's nothing else planning-wise that I can do right now! I guess I'll just devote my energy to preparing for our move. :)

Congrats you will love it my family and I are 20 minutes from WDW and nothing is better then being APH and DVC owners (VGF & Polly). Some people (ok most) think we are crazy to spend our time @ WDW since we live here not to mention spend vacations @ WDW. I mean come on we are locked in for 48 & 49 more years worth of vacations @ the mouse house or RCI.

We head on out after work on Friday as well as the weekends it never gets old.

Lake county is a nice area we are up in the Ocoee area.

Have fun on your trip it's going to be here before you know it

Seanual757

Hey AP holders.. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I was researching on the website to see how much and which AP I want to get when we move.. From what I understand, I'll pay a down payment + 1 month's payment and then continue monthly payments for a year? I don't have to drop the full amount all at once??

Correct and the following year you do not pay the down payment you just continue with your payments.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congrats you will love it my family and I are 20 minutes from WDW and nothing is better then being APH and DVC owners (VGF & Polly). Some people (ok most) think we are crazy to spend our time @ WDW since we live here not to mention spend vacations @ WDW. I mean come on we are locked in for 48 & 49 more years worth of vacations @ the mouse house or RCI.

We head on out after work on Friday as well as the weekends it never gets old.

Lake county is a nice area we are up in the Ocoee area.

Have fun on your trip it's going to be here before you know it

I'm sooooo excited! It's hard to believe that we're only a few months away already. I know that I'll never get tired of Disney no matter what anybody else says! :inlove:

Correct and the following year you do not pay the down payment you just continue with your payments.

That's awesome! I totally expected it to be more of a financial commitment all at once!

kaitertot5249

Many of you have seen me talking about this in other reports, but I'm so excited that I figured I might as well post here too. :) Dylan and I have made the decision to move to Florida in July. Our tentative plans are to settle somewhere in Lake County, which is about an hour (maximum) from WDW. I still can't believe that this is actually happening.. it doesn't seem possible! I've always dreamed about moving but wasn't sure that I'd ever actually do it.
I just got caught up and I'm so happy for you. So many exciting things happening for you this Summer! A trip to Disney and then a full on MOVE to Disney, how are you containing your excitement?!

Wishes ends a month before my trip? Noooooo. :cry: Dylan will never get to see it. :arghh: I wish I would have known that my trip last year was my last chance to see it. I would have watched it more than once. :cry::cry::cry:
I was so sad when I heard Wishes was ending. I actually called my boyfriend and tried to convince him that we had to make it down to see it one last time. He was unphased. But little did I know, his mom was planning a Disney trip for just a few weeks later (that he knew about but didn't feel the need to tell me about) so I got to see it again and I cried the entire time. The music is just pure magic. I listed to it as a fall asleep most nights and I can't picture a Disney trip without it.

The replacement better be good. I want it to tug on my heartstrings and bring back childhood memories!!!!

I hope that the rest of your countdown goes really fast and that planning your move goes smoothly!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I just got caught up and I'm so happy for you. So many exciting things happening for you this Summer! A trip to Disney and then a full on MOVE to Disney, how are you containing your excitement?!

I was so sad when I heard Wishes was ending. I actually called my boyfriend and tried to convince him that we had to make it down to see it one last time. He was unphased. But little did I know, his mom was planning a Disney trip for just a few weeks later (that he knew about but didn't feel the need to tell me about) so I got to see it again and I cried the entire time. The music is just pure magic. I listed to it as a fall asleep most nights and I can't picture a Disney trip without it.

The replacement better be good. I want it to tug on my heartstrings and bring back childhood memories!!!!

I hope that the rest of your countdown goes really fast and that planning your move goes smoothly!

Thank you! I can't contain my excitement! Lol. :joyfull: I'm glad you got to see Wishes one last time.. I'm jealous! I'm excited for the new show, but Wishes will always have a special place in my heart.

My countdown is flying by, thankfully! We're kind of at a stand still with planning for the move until I determine where my job is going to be. It's driving me nuts because I feel like I should be doing SOMETHING! Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have a better idea on that and can get back to planning. :)

Seanual757

I'm sooooo excited! It's hard to believe that we're only a few months away already. I know that I'll never get tired of Disney no matter what anybody else says! :inlove:

Yea it's very nice for us Florida Residence and passes we opted for the Platinum Plus Annual Pass because we hit the water parks every weekend during the summer and the parks in the evening. You will get great use out of them we never get tired of it. Heck he go for a few hours after work on a Friday night hit out fast passes and go home. Cheap entertainment for a family of 6 IMHO.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Yea it's very nice for us Florida Residence and passes we opted for the Platinum Plus Annual Pass because we hit the water parks every weekend during the summer and the parks in the evening. You will get great use out of them we never get tired of it. Heck he go for a few hours after work on a Friday night hit out fast passes and go home. Cheap entertainment for a family of 6 IMHO.

We're only looking at the Gold pass to start with.. Get our feet wet with being passholders and see how our park touring is generally going to go. If we decide we need more then we can always upgrade in the future. :) I'm really looking forward to being able to say, "Hey, want to go to MK tomorrow after work?" Not having the need to rush around and hit everything will be awesome. Knowing that we're going to have that option a mere month after our June trip has completely changed how we'll tour that week as well!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Dylan and I went and saw Beauty and the Beast last night (Thursday).. There was no hiding my excitement! :hilarious: IT WAS SO AMAZING! Go see it right now!!! I'm already making plans to go see it again.. and a third time. :rolleyes: I told Dylan that I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it everyday. :inlove: It followed the original and added some other things that complimented the story we all know and love so well! They gave the Beast so much more depth which made me fall in love with him all over again. :inlove: SO WELL DONE!
1.jpg

kaitertot5249

Dylan and I went and saw Beauty and the Beast last night (Thursday).. There was no hiding my excitement! :hilarious: IT WAS SO AMAZING! Go see it right now!!! I'm already making plans to go see it again.. and a third time. :rolleyes:
I saw it last night too and it was incredible! The movie started and I actually teared up a bit, I just knew it was going to be beautiful. You explain it perfectly, they stayed true to the original story and just added some background without changing the story everyone fell in love with years ago. It was executed incredibly. I will be seeing it again the first chance I get. It was beautiful!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I saw it last night too and it was incredible! The movie started and I actually teared up a bit, I just knew it was going to be beautiful. You explain it perfectly, they stayed true to the original story and just added some background without changing the story everyone fell in love with years ago. It was executed incredibly. I will be seeing it again the first chance I get. It was beautiful!

I got teary eyed a few times! It completely exceeded my expectations! Well done Disney! :)

WDWDarling

Dylan and I went and saw Beauty and the Beast last night (Thursday).. There was no hiding my excitement! :hilarious: IT WAS SO AMAZING! Go see it right now!!! I'm already making plans to go see it again.. and a third time. :rolleyes: I told Dylan that I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it everyday. :inlove: It followed the original and added some other things that complimented the story we all know and love so well! They gave the Beast so much more depth which made me fall in love with him all over again. :inlove: SO WELL DONE!
View attachment 194295

Ahh, going to see it tonight! Glad to hear good things!!!

MerMom1981

View attachment 194295

Yay! I'm taking a big group of girls to see it Sunday for my daughter's birthday party.
I might be more excited than them!

I'm prepared to LOVE this beast! I adore Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey, so I already have a crush happening...

prfctlyximprct

View attachment 194295

You are so cute!!! I am seeing it Sunday I cannot wait!!!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Yay! I'm taking a big group of girls to see it Sunday for my daughter's birthday party.
I might be more excited than them!

I'm prepared to LOVE this beast! I adore Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey, so I already have a crush happening...

I fully believe that I was more excited than anybody else in the theater! Lol. The Beast is amazing.. I've always had a crush on him but now I full out LOVE him. :inlove:

You are so cute!!! I am seeing it Sunday I cannot wait!!!!

You will love it!!! :inlove:

Flights booked! Got a couple ADRs! Ready for the June buffet encounter with internet friends!

I hope B and the B stays true to the story...hope to see it soon with the fam!

Woohoo! Can't wait to steal food off your plate! :p

It follows the story perfectly which I did not expect! I was worried that they would "try too hard" with the addition of things that aren't in the original and ruin it. But the things they added in just deepen the storyline and the characters. It's absolute perfection! :D

blreinsel

Original Poster
I absolutely adored the movie. There was one scene with the Beast that I missed but don't wanna spoil it for anyone! It was soooooo soooo good. I cried at least 4 times. I need help. Hugging my beast stuffed animal currently!

I went and saw it again today! :hilarious: I still got teary eyed in all of the same parts and loved it just as much as the first time! :inlove: I'm so glad you loved it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom