Pre-Trip The 3 day solo "I'm getting my 3 days in Disney back" trip

Ok, first to explain the title. My family and I had a trip to Disney last June in which I had to cut my vacation short and leave a few days early from the world for a work opportunity I just couldn't pass up. Fast forward to the first weekend in April 2017 and this same work opportunity requires me to be in Orlando. Soooo I booked myself a quick 3 day/2 night trip to the World to get those days back!

WHO: Just Me (Dave) This will be my first solo trip and a very busy one as I am accustomed to at least 7 days. I travel alone a lot for my job so I'm used to it. I have a 2 day park hopper and I'm going to try and squeeze in a lot in a short amount of time. Also will be my first time at F&G in Epcot so I'm excited for that.

WHEN: Wed Mar 29- Fri Mar 31. My work has me booked for a room after that while I work over the weekend.

WHERE: Pop Century Preferred Room. Also another first for me as I've only ever stayed at POR/Dixie Landings and Fort Wilderness before. I don't plan on being in the rroom that long anyway so it shouldn't be a problem

3/29 (travel day): I am scheduled to land around 10 AM and I'm hoping to be in the parks around lunchtime. MK has evening EMH that day until 1AM so I plan to take full advantage of that. My FP selections are for MK in the evening so my current plan is to go to Studios (depending on wait times) to get my faves in, or head to Epcot to take in some of the F&G festival before heading over to MK for the evening/night
3/30: Epcot has early morning EMH so my plan is to arrive for rope drop and do Soarin' and possibly Frozen (depending on lines) and then Test Track single rider. I will probably also hit my Epcot faves and eat lunch in the World Showcase somewhere or maybe even one of the food options from F&G.
My FP+ choices are for AK afternoon/evening (Everest, Safari, and ROL) I'm excited for ROL and also for night at AK. I didn't have time for the AK nighttime activities last time
3/31 Check out Day (no park ticket) My plan is to check out early, leave my bags with Bell sercices and head to the Polynesian to grab some Tonga Toast. I've been wanting to try it for years but never got around to it. After that, maybe do a little resort hopping on the monorail loop before taking a bus to Disney Springs. Last time I was there it was still known as DD so I'm excited to see all the changes, I will walk around there for a bit, souvenir shop for my family and grab some lunch somewhere. The afternoon/ evening I'm not sure yet what my plan is but I'll play it by ear and then get an Uber to my work hotel room. A whirlwind trip for sure but it's still Disney

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Ok, first to explain the title. My family and I had a trip to Disney last June in which I had to cut my vacation short and leave a few days early from the world for a work opportunity I just couldn't pass up. Fast forward to the first weekend in April 2017 and this same work opportunity requires me to ne in Orlando. Soooo I booked myself a quick 3 day/2 night trip to the World to get those days back!

WHO: Just Me (Dave) This will be my first solo trip and a very busy one as I am accustomed to at least 7 days. I travel alone a lot for my job so I'm used to it. I have a 2 day park hopper and I'm going to try and squeeze in a lot in a short amount of time. Also will be my first time at F&G in Epcot so I'm excited for that.

WHEN: Wed Mar 29- Fri Mar 31. My work has me booked for a room after that while I work over the weekend.

WHERE: Pop Century Preferred Room. Also another first for me as I've only ever stayed at POR/Dixie Landings and Fort Wilderness before. I don't plan on being in the rroom that long anyway so it shouldn't be a problem

3/29 (travel day): I am scheduled to land around 10 AM and I'm hoping to be in the parks around lunchtime. MK has evening EMH that day until 1AM so I plan to take full advantage of that. My FP selections are for MK in the evening so my current plan is to go to Studios (depending on wait times) to get my faves in, or head to Epcot to take in some of the F&G festival before heading over to MK for the evening/night
3/30: Epcot has early morning EMH so my plan is to arrive for rope drop and do Soarin' and possibly Frozen (depending on lines) and then Test Track single rider. I will probably also hit my Epcot faves and eat lunch in the World Showcase somewhere or maybe even one of the food options from F&G.
My FP+ choices are for AK afternoon/evening (Everest, Safari, and ROL) I'm excited for ROL and also for night at AK. I didn't have time for the AK nighttime activities last time
3/31 Check out Day (no park ticket) My plan is to check out early, leave my bags with Bell sercices and head to the Polynesian to grab some Tonga Toast. I've been wanting to try it for years but never got around to it. After that, maybe do a little resort hopping on the monorail loop before taking a bus to Disney Springs. Last time I was there it was still known as DD so I'm excited to see all the changes, I will walk around there for a bit, souvenir shop for my family and grab some lunch somewhere. The afternoon/ evening I'm not sure yet what my plan is but I'll play it by ear and then get an Uber to my work hotel room. A whirlwind trip for sure but it's still Disney
Solo trip - very cool - just did one to Tokyo in December
Very busy schedule but the beauty of a solo trip is that there are no negotiations, arguments, indecision
It is all you!!!
And .. you had me at Tonga Toast!!!
Have a great trip and I look forward to hearing about more

Max

Misterdcp

Original Poster
Yes! I'm really looking forward to it. It will be a fun few days before a weekend full of work. My plan is to get as much done in the parks as I can while doing the things I missed out on during the June trip.
I'll try to take some pics for the report but they will most likely be iPhone pics

Zipadeelady

I secretly dream of a solo trip. At this point no one in my family would let that happen. If they heard I was going you can bet they would be adding themselves to my plans.:eek:

Have a great time, sounds wonderful.

Misterdcp

Original Poster
Thank you. This will be a very different trip for me, full of firsts and very busy but I know I will have a great time, getting close to the 30 day mark already

Misterdcp

Original Poster
Ok, to all who have been to the F&G festival. Is Epcot usually way more crowded than usual because of the festival? I'll be there on a Thursday in late March and I'm wondering if crowd levels will be off the charts

amjt660

Premium Member
Ok, to all who have been to the F&G festival. Is Epcot usually way more crowded than usual because of the festival? I'll be there on a Thursday in late March and I'm wondering if crowd levels will be off the charts
Sorry have not been to F&W personally but I hear it is very busy in the evening and on weekends.
Hopefully a Thursday will not be as bad but I will defer to those who have gone recently.

Max

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I've visited during May before, but not March. F&G during the daytime wasn't that crowded; it was very pleasant. It got much busier in the evening though, but I think that's typical in general of EPCOT. Many people go there in the evening for the various restaurants in World Showcase, regardless of whether it's during F&G.

Misterdcp

Original Poster
I've visited during May before, but not March. F&G during the daytime wasn't that crowded; it was very pleasant. It got much busier in the evening though, but I think that's typical in general of EPCOT. Many people go there in the evening for the various restaurants in World Showcase, regardless of whether it's during F&G.
Thanks, That helps. I have Animal Kingdom at night planned for that evening so hopefully it will all work out. Less than 30 days now so naturally I'm getting excited.

Misterdcp

Original Poster
Disney Mail!! at the 3 week mark and it's actually starting to feel real now
image1.JPG

Misterdcp

Original Poster
OK...My thoughts on the new Magicband 2.0. First of all, I thought it was going to be too big, but it feels comfortable, has a less "rubbery" feel to it than the old style. Also feels a little more flexible to me. Plus I do like the removable center which gives more options than just wearing it on your wrist.

Misterdcp

Original Poster
We will be there March 19 - 23, staying at Pop. My other half will be there for a conference, so I to will be at the parks solo for the first time.
The way I look at it...solo in Disney parks is better than NOT in Disney parks. I'm only about a week behind you so let me know how you make out doing the parks solo

sheriffwoody

We thought the crowds were more manageable than F&W. But Epcot is always more crowded in the evening, so daytime will be better! Thursday should be ok too! It seems like the festivals bring people out in droves on Saturdays.

Misterdcp

Original Poster
We thought the crowds were more manageable than F&W. But Epcot is always more crowded in the evening, so daytime will be better! Thursday should be ok too! It seems like the festivals bring people out in droves on Saturdays.
Thanks for the info. That's what I'm hoping. I also have the option of going to Epcot on Wed (arrival day) to experience the festival and then focus on rides on Thursday with the morning EMH. My schedule this trip will be flexible and I will try to go where the crowds are lightest

Misterdcp

Original Poster
Single Digits. Just completed 3 weeks in a row with 0 days off. Between my regular 9-5 job and my part time weekends job I haven't had a day off in about a month so this mini vacation is just what I need.

Misterdcp

Original Poster
wow - with that work schedule you def deserve a WDW vacation!!

Max
Yes! I do computer work from home as my 9-5 job, but I also sometimes work as an audio engineer at sporting events, etc. This is not full time and mostly weekends but sometimes it can get busy with consecutive weekends and doesn't allow for much time off. Also, however there is a lot of traveling involved and mostly solo traveling which will tie in nicely for this trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom