Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

amjt660

Premium Member
Our flights are officially booked! One more check off of the to do list! :D
June 6: We're flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh.. Our flight leaves at 10:55am, putting us in Orlando around 1pm. We'll catch ME to the resort and get settled in (hopefully our room is ready) before probably heading to DS for lunch. Maybe some time at the pool and/or resort hopping later in the day? I've never gotten to Disney early enough to go and do anything on arrival day before.. the possibilities are endless! :p

June 13: Our flight home doesn't leave until 9pm! :jawdrop: We had a choice between a few that were all the same price so I asked Dylan what he wanted to do. His response? "We might as well drag it out as long as we can. Let's do the 9pm one." I knew he was my Prince Charming. :inlove: He's thinking about golfing 9 holes in the afternoon after we check out, so that'll eat up some time. We'll grab something to eat after he's finished, maybe hangout at DS for a bit, grab a drink or two somewhere. Again, the possibilities are endless. :D

I'm so excited that we extended our trip by choosing the flights that we did.. Any extra time is welcomed with open arms. :inlove:

Not bad - but come on - go for the 5amish flight out so you can totally max out your time in the World!!! ;)

And it is not clear - is it just Dylan golfing on the last day - or do you also golf?
My wife believes in the principle that "golf is a good walk spoiled".

Max

blreinsel

Original Poster
Not bad - but come on - go for the 5amish flight out so you can totally max out your time in the World!!! ;)

And it is not clear - is it just Dylan golfing on the last day - or do you also golf?
My wife believes in the principle that "golf is a good walk spoiled".

Max

Ha! We live 2 hours from the airport so we will definitely not be doing the 5am flight. I need to be somewhat well rested to start out a long and tiring week in the World! :hilarious:

I'm not a golfer.. never have, never will lol. That's totally Dylan's area so I'll just tag along in the cart and enjoy the scenery. :)

amjt660

Premium Member
Ha! We live 2 hours from the airport so we will definitely not be doing the 5am flight. I need to be somewhat well rested to start out a long and tiring week in the World! :hilarious:

I'm not a golfer.. never have, never will lol. That's totally Dylan's area so I'll just tag along in the cart and enjoy the scenery. :)

Well at least you will keep him company while he gets frustrated

I was going to offer to join him but I am not driving 20 hours for 9 holes of golf.
Now if he changed it to 18.........

Max

prfctlyximprct

Our flights are officially booked! One more check off of the to do list! :D

So updated plans...

June 6: We're flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh.. Our flight leaves at 10:55am, putting us in Orlando around 1pm. We'll catch ME to the resort and get settled in (hopefully our room is ready) before probably heading to DS for lunch. Maybe some time at the pool and/or resort hopping later in the day? I've never gotten to Disney early enough to go and do anything on arrival day before.. the possibilities are endless! :p

June 13: Our flight home doesn't leave until 9pm! :jawdrop: We had a choice between a few that were all the same price so I asked Dylan what he wanted to do. His response? "We might as well drag it out as long as we can. Let's do the 9pm one." I knew he was my Prince Charming. :inlove: He's thinking about golfing 9 holes in the afternoon after we check out, so that'll eat up some time. We'll grab something to eat after he's finished, maybe hangout at DS for a bit, grab a drink or two somewhere. Again, the possibilities are endless. :D

I'm so excited that we extended our trip by choosing the flights that we did.. Any extra time is welcomed with open arms. :inlove:

Plans sound awesome!!! So much extra time in the world! Every minute counts! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Well at least you will keep him company while he gets frustrated

I was going to offer to join him but I am not driving 20 hours for 9 holes of golf.
Now if he changed it to 18.........

Max

Ha! He's golfing 2 rounds of 18 (Friday/Saturday) and then a round of 9 on departure day. It might be worth your drive after all. ;)

Plans sound awesome!!! So much extra time in the world! Every minute counts! :)

You're telling me!! :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
You will love having the extra time on arrival and departure days. My trip last February was the first time I had park time on arrival day and I loved it! So much fun to arrive and head to the parks right away. :)

It'll be hard to not immediately go to a park when we arrive! But a slow, relaxing day will be much needed in preparation for the busy ones that will follow! :)

You just raised the bar - so tempting
I wonder if the family would notice if I told them I was going golfing and did not come back for 6 days ( 2 travel + 2 golf + 2 travel)???

Max

Haha! Surely not. ;) Just tell them you're really working on your swing! Dedication. :rolleyes:

gdisneyfans

Just read through all of your plans and everything sounds fabulous!! I'm so excited you got a reservation for California Grill. We finally got a reservation on our last trip in 2015 and were lucky enough to get a seat right by the window and our reservation time was maybe 8:30ish? We were able to stretch our our dining through Wishes! and were able to watch them from our seat. It was so awesome:inlove: The meal was amazing too!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Just read through all of your plans and everything sounds fabulous!! I'm so excited you got a reservation for California Grill. We finally got a reservation on our last trip in 2015 and were lucky enough to get a seat right by the window and our reservation time was maybe 8:30ish? We were able to stretch our our dining through Wishes! and were able to watch them from our seat. It was so awesome:inlove: The meal was amazing too!

I'm so happy I scored that ADR, too! I'm hoping that graduating with a Master's degree is enough of a celebration for the CM's to seat us by the window. :inlove:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Yay! Super excited for you. I always feel like the time goes faster once you reach double digits!

I think so too! Although this countdown has been going quickly from the start. :) I certainly won't complain about an even FASTER countdown! :p

Hey! Looks like my "on again, off again" annual June trip is "On again"! June 4th through the 11th...so maybe we'll see each other in a buffet line again!

Woohoo! Unfortunately, no buffets booked this time but we may still run into each other. :) Once your plans are solidified, we'll have to compare!

Billy6

Woohoo! Unfortunately, no buffets booked this time but we may still run into each other. :) Once your plans are solidified, we'll have to compare!

Cool cool...still in infant stages but getting ideas together. Tusker House CB for my son is a possibility and Germany in Epcot. Also, Paddle Fish at Disney Springs is on the radar. We will be staying at our Marriott timeshare near Sea World and the P's and my sisters family are at Old Key West...

Need to start a countdown.. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom