Pre-Trip A (NOT SO) well planned family affair- September 2017

--- Well this was supposed to be a family trip but when you start plannning over a year in advance, things come up! So it's just me and my #1 (Billy), Celebrating our 4th anniversary :inlove:

For details on how everything came to be, you can read below ;):D

Who: Myself (Ciara), my boyfriend (Billy)

STUDIO_HBDIRECTORICONNC_7466888756.jpeg

Where: Pop century!

When: September 13th-22nd

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
Well good news and bad news..

Both of my parents are starting exciting new jobs, WOOHOO! But that means at this point in time they are definitely not coming along on this trip. Maybe they will decide to last minute but i am not counting on it.

Looks like it will be another trip of just me and Billy! With this news, we will be changing up the plans a bit. Some of our dining was to appease my parents and without them we can really do whatever! I am a little sad they wont be coming but it is SO much less stressful planning a trip for just the two of us. We go the same pace, like the same things. Its just easier :bookworm:

Random but super exciting tidbit! Billy has surprised me this time around. At first he thought i was a little crazy for planning and getting excited when we have awhile to go but he is seeing how fast the time is going and he has started to get into the planning. He has been watching Youtube videos with me and got really into some of them, even watching them on his own :eek: I have always said "We, well I, love Disney world" and lately billy chimes in with "I love it too" When originally booking, I agreed this would be our last trip to WDW for awhile and now that thought seems to be bumming him out. Maybe a future trip isn't so far away?

I think i did it y'all, He is officially converted :inlove::inlove:

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
This year has been full of surprises! While i wasn't really looking, i have been offered a new position with a new company :D This is super exciting and great but its totally throwing off our plans for Disney!

First of all, we will be moving. We are still renting and it comes with the job. Since this was unexpected we now have to use tax return money for moving cost rather than paying off our package. It will all work out just wish we were paying it off now! I don't do last minute, it gives me anxiety :cyclops:

Next, the days... I used to have Sunday/Monday as my "weekend" so i planned our vacation around those days to take off as little time as possible. Now i have Friday/Saturday however my new company said i could maybe switch back to Sunday/Monday (i prefer these days) Again it will work out one way or another BUT i have to book ADR's in 40 days and i don't think this days off thing will be ironed out yet. HOW DO I BOOK ADR's WHEN I DON'T KNOW IF WE NEED TO SWITCH DATES :arghh:

amjt660

Premium Member
This year has been full of surprises! While i wasn't really looking, i have been offered a new position with a new company :D This is super exciting and great but its totally throwing off our plans for Disney!

First of all, we will be moving. We are still renting and it comes with the job. Since this was unexpected we now have to use tax return money for moving cost rather than paying off our package. It will all work out just wish we were paying it off now! I don't do last minute, it gives me anxiety :cyclops:

Next, the days... I used to have Sunday/Monday as my "weekend" so i planned our vacation around those days to take off as little time as possible. Now i have Friday/Saturday however my new company said i could maybe switch back to Sunday/Monday (i prefer these days) Again it will work out one way or another BUT i have to book ADR's in 40 days and i don't think this days off thing will be ironed out yet. HOW DO I BOOK ADR's WHEN I DON'T KNOW IF WE NEED TO SWITCH DATES :arghh:
Ok breathe, breathe, it will all work out.....
Congrats on the new job - I hope it turns out well

And at least you are still going to Disneyworld ;)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No

Can you change your reservation so that both options are included? That way you can make your dining reservations for either option. Once you know your schedule, you can change your reservation and cancel the dining that you don't need.

Ciara

Original Poster
Can you change your reservation so that both options are included? That way you can make your dining reservations for either option. Once you know your schedule, you can change your reservation and cancel the dining that you don't need.

THAT is a terrific idea!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My dad is super easy going and can go either speed as long as he has a beer in his hand
I think your Dad and I would get along swell!!! haha

I think i did it y'all, He is officially converted
Well done! It is such a great feeling when you successfully convert your loved ones into Disney addicts. My wife is from California and grew up visiting Disneyland. Converting her into a WDW nut was tough, but after a few trips, it was a done deal. We love Epcot too, so our first stay at YC was the game changer for her. We fell in love with the Boardwalk resorts and the proximity to Epcot and HS. Now Its hard staying at any resort not on on the Boardwalk because we just want to be able to walk to Epcot whenever we want. Mostly to drink and eat. She craves those damn $13 cucumber margaritas. I dont even wanna know how much money we have spent at La Cava over the years, it would probly make me cry. But hey, happy wife, happy life.

Ciara

Original Poster
This pre- trip report should be re-named: This trip is a mess :confused:

Okay okay its not a total mess but things have changed so many time during the planning i feel like its a mess. First changing hotels, parents to no parents and now... We changed our dates. If you follow the "how many days for you" thread you may have seen this. We now arrive to the world on the 13th and leave the 22nd. One positive about this is my trip is sooner!! Also we saved a whopping $40 on our reservation!! Maybe this is a sign it will be less crowded to? ;) I can hope!

200 days away :D:D

Big Hair

This pre- trip report should be re-named: This trip is a mess :confused:

Okay okay its not a total mess but things have changed so many time during the planning i feel like its a mess. First changing hotels, parents to no parents and now... We changed our dates. If you follow the "how many days for you" thread you may have seen this. We now arrive to the world on the 13th and leave the 22nd. One positive about this is my trip is sooner!! Also we saved a whopping $40 on our reservation!! Maybe this is a sign it will be less crowded to? ;) I can hope!

200 days away :D:D
How ever you put it together you are going to have a magical time. I went in the first week of September last year right after the holiday and it was a good time to go crowd wise.

prfctlyximprct

Congrats on the new job!
And everything will work out, I promise you! Plans change, ADRs change, rides shut down, Rivers of Light opens... regardless... it will be an amazing trip. I am so excited for you and can't wait to read all about it!!! :p

Zipadeelady

ARRGH! it is so stressful when plans get changed so much.

Congratulations on converting Billy. J likes Disney but doesn't love it. Every time I mention going to Disney this look comes over his face then after a few seconds I get an eye roll then he starts to remember all the things that he enjoyed then I finally get the nod of approval. It's a process o_O.

Can't wait to hear about your final plans. Eek.... less than a month until we can make our ADR's!!

Ciara

Original Poster
I think your Dad and I would get along swell!!! haha

Well done! It is such a great feeling when you successfully convert your loved ones into Disney addicts. My wife is from California and grew up visiting Disneyland. Converting her into a WDW nut was tough, but after a few trips, it was a done deal. We love Epcot too, so our first stay at YC was the game changer for her. We fell in love with the Boardwalk resorts and the proximity to Epcot and HS. Now Its hard staying at any resort not on on the Boardwalk because we just want to be able to walk to Epcot whenever we want. Mostly to drink and eat. She craves those damn $13 cucumber margaritas. I dont even wanna know how much money we have spent at La Cava over the years, it would probly make me cry. But hey, happy wife, happy life.

I really wish we could stay at one of the Epcot resorts :inlove: I know we would fall in love and never be able to stay anywhere else! I crave those $13 margaritas!!! I still think about the one i had almost two years ago :p:p:p

Ciara

Original Poster
Congrats on the new job!
And everything will work out, I promise you! Plans change, ADRs change, rides shut down, Rivers of Light opens... regardless... it will be an amazing trip. I am so excited for you and can't wait to read all about it!!! :p

Thank you! Ugh rides shut down, i am nervous for this! So far no refurbs for our dates and i feel like something is bound to pop up.

Ciara

Original Poster
ARRGH! it is so stressful when plans get changed so much.

Congratulations on converting Billy. J likes Disney but doesn't love it. Every time I mention going to Disney this look comes over his face then after a few seconds I get an eye roll then he starts to remember all the things that he enjoyed then I finally get the nod of approval. It's a process o_O.

Can't wait to hear about your final plans. Eek.... less than a month until we can make our ADR's!!

Gonna be here before we know it!! :D:D:D:D

Ciara

Original Poster
Table service meals

Still working out times/days. Any suggestions for best times is always appreciated :D

Spice Road Table
Raglan Road
Cali Grill
Garden Grill
Ohana
Mama Melrose's
50's Prime Time
Teppan Edo

Almost all of these choices are new to us and we are very excited to try them!

Mr Toad

Table service meals

Still working out times/days. Any suggestions for best times is always appreciated :D

Spice Road Table
Raglan Road
Cali Grill
Garden Grill
Ohana
Mama Melrose's
50's Prime Time
Teppan Edo

We are going to try Spice Road and 50's Prime for the first time when we go. We will be there around the same time at CSR. We are going to try Maya Grill as well.

amjt660

Premium Member
Table service meals

Spice Road Table
Raglan Road
Cali Grill
Garden Grill
Ohana
Mama Melrose's
50's Prime Time
Teppan Edo

Looks good to me!!
Enjoy!

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom