New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jeremy Geertsema

Where is the best spot to watch the show? I don't mean section, I have the dining package booked for my trip. Is the front row the best? A few rows back? I'm worried that in the front row, the animal spirit floats will block the lotuses?

Rider

Saw it again last night... it was just as good as the first time but it was a little less windy so the water curtain was easier to see.

Re: People not standing at the end. They don't bring the house lights up right away (both the lights and the "Goodbye" announcement are about 30 seconds after the show ends) so its understandable that people remain seated (they even announce at the beginning to stay seated until the lights return).

Disney-Trains

To me the simple solution is....

Add some stationary lotuses that have fountains AND fire.

Restructure the show to be a bit more ala World of Color. Don't change the music / feel of the show... Just more dancing fountains and effects.

End the show with a legit fountain show finale. Have the theatre lights come on after that and have the parade floats come out as a post-show.

ToTBellHop

Please don't listen to any of these unwarranted negative opinions of Rivers of Light. 99% of the people that post here nowadays are nothing but bitter, jaded, haters. This is the greatest nighttime show Disney has created since Reflections of Earth. There are no valid criticisms of this show because the dislike all stems from the fact that anyone who hates it has a basic taste and lack of appreciate for the masterpiece it truly is.
That's quite judgmental and shows a lack of acceptance that some people have differing opinions. Glad you loved the show. To suggest there are no valid criticisms is absurd and naive. Nothing is perfect. RoL is visually stunning, something just about everyone agrees on. It's a pity we don't all have your discerning tastes and inability to put together a comprehensible closing sentence. Even the show producers admit they have delivered an imperfect show that is less than they planned and promised.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If people want them to set off fireworks in ANIMAL KINGDOM then those are the type of people I don't need in my life. We are celebrating the beauty of ANIMALS. Nature, animals, coexisting on this planet. Let's not set off gunshot sounding explosives. People are seriously morons.
I very much doubt those people aren't in your life anyway?

Seriously though, aerial pyro - or lack of - doesn't appear to be one of the main issues.

brb1006

@disney4life2008 and @AJH219 be like
tkrrh.gif

Be thankful we finally got a new nighttime show and can at least draw in the nighttime crowd for AK especially once Pandora opens in a few months.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Evidently unlike you, I have self-control and avoid all spoilers of the show until I sat in the theatre last Sunday. And I think I'll pass on some low quality YouTube recordings of World of Color also. I'd rather let my first experience be with my own eyes not through the perspective of film.

Shocking considering if you read through this forum, you'd think its an astronomical failure.

Umm you are incorrect! I refused to watch any YouTube videos and glanced past newer photos of rivers of light. My first experience was at the 715pm show Saturday night. Had i not had a fp and was told to arrive an hour before hand for that, i would have been livid. It is a nice show but zero repeat value for me.

disney4life2008

Where is the best spot to watch the show? I don't mean section, I have the dining package booked for my trip. Is the front row the best? A few rows back? I'm worried that in the front row, the animal spirit floats will block the lotuses?

Honestly, location in think anywhere is fine. Its the people in front of you that could be the problem. If they take pictures they can block you. But its not much to take photos of.

Marlins1

If people want them to set off fireworks in ANIMAL KINGDOM then those are the type of people I don't need in my life. We are celebrating the beauty of ANIMALS. Nature, animals, coexisting on this planet. Let's not set off gunshot sounding explosives. People are seriously morons.
Very true. It probably would have been best to open ROL and all of the other nighttime enteartainment at the same time as Pandora. The total package of additions is very impressive but the rollout did not work out well. Hopefully all is great starting May 27.

disney4life2008

To me the simple solution is....

Add some stationary lotuses that have fountains AND fire.

Restructure the show to be a bit more ala World of Color. Don't change the music / feel of the show... Just more dancing fountains and effects.

End the show with a legit fountain show finale. Have the theatre lights come on after that and have the parade floats come out as a post-show.

For me that is the issue. It seems out of sequence. I don't need woc esque music but something more exciting than what we have now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom