Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't the upper left corner you left out an expansion pad?

Not in any documentation I have seen. Adding that only gives you another 10 acres.

Here is the map that is in some of the water management permits that shows the original expansion pads for DHS most of which have already been used.

Capture.JPG

DDLand

Here's the official Walt Disney World Park sizes direct from Disney:
Magic Kingdom: 142 Acres
Disney's Hollywood Studios: 135 Acres
Epcot: 305 Acres
Disney's Animal Kingdom: More than 400

Though these are somewhat debatable because they include extensive backstage areas that inflate the numbers. Compare that to something like Tokyo Disneyland which I don't believe does that and you end up comparing apples to oranges. So official numbers are somewhat useless too.

Source:
http://wdwnews.com/fact-sheets/

CJR

@marni1971 ,

Thanks for responding (you're amazing!) and suggesting this!

I posted this in a different thread, to get it moved to the right place, I copied it here so we all could discuss (without moving further away from that thread's topic).

Here's what I wrote before:
I remember someone, may have been you, said something about a third attraction was planned that got cut.

It was described in a way that made me think of the Peoplemover. If you know, is the land being built in a manner to where this could be added at a later time or do you think so much has been changed that it's no longer possible? It sounded pretty interesting to me since I like those "escape" attractions. Seems like that would have been perfect for DHS.

EDIT: Sorry for all the edits today, looks like someone beat me to the re-post. Being discussed here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dhs-star-wars-land-progress.924466/

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I am not sure where they got their DHS numbers for, but even if we are generous with what is considered part of the park I only come up with 118 acres as opposed to the 154 they state.
View attachment 189596

Their MK number is a little more reasonable, here is 107 acres for MK
View attachment 189597
They are including the parking lot and entrance then?
Since MK's Parking is outside the park boundaries..

Interesting that they have completely exposed the canal outflow tunnel that ran under LMA. Wasn't there supposed to be a second tunnel built that started close to TSL and run past the remaining back stage support building?

roj2323

Interesting that they have completely exposed the canal outflow tunnel that ran under LMA. Wasn't there supposed to be a second tunnel built that started close to TSL and run past the remaining back stage support building?
It was replaced with large culverts at the beginning of the project. They are currently removing the old canal tunnel. See the water management district permits that showed the new parking lots in the permit thread for the placement of the new culverts.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom