Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

danyoung56

Nicole, I spent the last 2 days reading your trip report - probably the longest trip report I've ever read! You have a very interesting and articulate writing style, which combined with the pics made for a fun read. I liked how you incorporated lyrics to Disney songs or attractions, even when they were somewhat obscure (like Golden Dream!).

I only have one critique for you - I wish, when taking selfies in a mirror, that you'd look up at the mirror instead of looking down at your phone. It's as if you took a lot of pictures but were refusing to look at the camera. You're a lovely young couple, and the mirror selfies would be so much better if the two of you were looking up.

That's my advice - take it or leave it. Nice job on the trip report!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nicole, I spent the last 2 days reading your trip report - probably the longest trip report I've ever read! You have a very interesting and articulate writing style, which combined with the pics made for a fun read. I liked how you incorporated lyrics to Disney songs or attractions, even when they were somewhat obscure (like Golden Dream!).

I only have one critique for you - I wish, when taking selfies in a mirror, that you'd look up at the mirror instead of looking down at your phone. It's as if you took a lot of pictures but were refusing to look at the camera. You're a lovely young couple, and the mirror selfies would be so much better if the two of you were looking up.

That's my advice - take it or leave it. Nice job on the trip report!

Thank you for reading and commenting! It took a while to write, but I managed to do it before I forgot everything! LOL I love having trip reports to go back and read, and reminisce about trips that have passed. Glad you enjoyed!

I think I really hate mirror pictures... sometimes with two and your not at the park with a photopass phototographer you last resort it to the mirror! LOL. :p

disneygirl1

Just read through your entire report! So amazing! Congratulations on your engagement! We are from Philly too! What part are you from? We are in the 'burbs right by the airport! We are heading HOME in 89 days! I can not wait.

gdisneyfans

I am so late to the party!!! Congratulations on your engagement! The proposal was so sweet. Prince Eric, I mean Prince Joe did good! Your ring is stunning.

Wow - your TR...:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: It's like you took a barrel full of pixie dust, threw it in a giant Disney snow globe, shook it and then out came our Trip Report! Your attitude is so infectious. I had a smile the entire time reading. Thanks for taking us along.

Good luck on the wedding planning. You know you could always start a pre-wedding report here...I don't think anyone would mind:D

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sorry for yelling! Lol, I thought of you as soon as I heard ROL was starting. Hopefully you will be able to get there to see it soon! Maybe a quick weekend trip!

LOL no need to apologize! I was screaming my head off when I realized it was real and Rivers of Light was finally debuting! Trying to save all that I can for my wedding, but also trying to sneak in a weekend trip just to see it! I need to get there! I am the designated Rivers of Light stalker! Even got imagineers on my Instagram liking my stories! LOL

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Just read through your entire report! So amazing! Congratulations on your engagement! We are from Philly too! What part are you from? We are in the 'burbs right by the airport! We are heading HOME in 89 days! I can not wait.

So glad you enjoyed! Thank you so much for reading through, I feel like I write so much but it just flows when it comes to Disney! Thank you for your well wishes, been engaged two months now and it still does not feel real! Wake up every morning and get surprised by my ring finger. LOL!

I'm originally from North Jersey and refuse to say I am a true Philadelphian. LOL...But we live in the northeast! I drive by the airport some days for work! Always am jealous of the planes, thinking they are taking off to Disney! Enjoy your countdown, it will fly by! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Another chuckle worthy line. Between the fortune cookie (we always ad "between the sheets" on every fortune) to the great comment on Butter Beer, this report is awesome. Now to see you are engaged as well. . . so happy for you. My wife and I celebrate25 years in September. God Bless!!

Congrats on 25 years! Hope you are celebrating at Disney! Muahha! Thank you for reading through my report! And I just may have to steal your fortune cookie tradition. :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I am so late to the party!!! Congratulations on your engagement! The proposal was so sweet. Prince Eric, I mean Prince Joe did good! Your ring is stunning.

Wow - your TR...:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: It's like you took a barrel full of pixie dust, threw it in a giant Disney snow globe, shook it and then out came our Trip Report! Your attitude is so infectious. I had a smile the entire time reading. Thanks for taking us along.

Good luck on the wedding planning. You know you could always start a pre-wedding report here...I don't think anyone would mind:D

Thank you so much! I agree, Prince Joe did do a pretty good job!

Thank you for your sweet, sweet compliment on my trip report. Sometimes when I am writing,I think so myself, "who the heck is going to read this and enjoy it?" Glad there are people out there who did! I love Disney soooooooo much. I am glad it comes through in my writing! :)

I need to really get on wedding planning... what to do when your rather be planning your next Disney trip! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom