Trattoria al Forno

mouse_luv

Any chance this restaurant is a character breakfast when I have a reservation on March 5th?
Probably not. They said it won't start until late Spring, and if you can't make an ADR specifically for that character dining right now, then it will be a regular breakfast instead for now.

Eponine178

Yet somehow I have a breakfast reservation for June 25th. I have no idea how I got it. I'd been trying and trying before the character breakfast announcement and suddenly got it a few days before the news came out. I'd love to assume that it will just transfer to the character breakfast (because we would do it), but I'm going to guess there is a better chance that it might be a day that they won't have the characters. Guess its a mystery until the time gets closer. Wish I had an answer so I could plan around other character meals we have.

cupcake__

The placement of this seems strange to me. I like to go to Trattoria al Forno for a quiet adult breakfast. It's always been an elegant place to have a slow paced breakfast with a somewhat unique flavor profile, very good service, and a delicious press pot of coffee.

mouse_luv

The placement of this seems strange to me. I like to go to Trattoria al Forno for a quiet adult breakfast. It's always been an elegant place to have a slow paced breakfast with a somewhat unique flavor profile, very good service, and a delicious press pot of coffee.

I agree. This belongs somewhere else, but they're probably doing it to boost business for breakfast. When we stayed at the BWV last month, it didn't seem all that busy in the breakfast hours when we walked by to go to EPCOT. (shrug) I'm just glad they aren't making it a buffet.

drizgirl

The key here is "slow paced". That equates to slow turnover. If Disney can squeeze more out of any location, they will.

EvilQueen-T

I don't care if they add characters but I really hope they don't totally trash their current menu and make it all mickey waffles and rubbery scrambled eggs aka the standard character breakfast food. Love eating there for breakfast as it is now in terms of the menu.

mouse_luv

LowesChevy

I will agree on the "slow paced" aspect. Great food, but one server in particular we have had a few times, just too slow. Great location and alternative to Captain's Grill for breakfast, but most of time there were maybe 5-7 other tables dining. I can see why Disney wants to make it a character venue-fill it up and make money. Look at what they did with Akershus-you can't blame them, they created a demand for adrs there.

I will miss Trattoria's regular breakfast though! Scrambled eggs and mozzarella were darn tasty!

EvilQueen-T

Which one was that? Sucks losing a favorite.

The cured Italian meats was the main one.
15078799_1307768655935236_1116597449788231316_n.jpg

jensenrick

Well, I'm looking forward to this (assuming i ever get a rezzie, it's been difficult) as I'm a fan of the character breakfasts, but moreso when it's someone different than just the Fab4. This will make a nice change of pace, especially with some of the menu items. Hope it's a nice portion size at this price however. It usually is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom